• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

What next for Adam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coming off the back of a mixed season last year, I feel Lallana has a bit to prove now.

I don't think he'll ever live up to the pricetag, but the price is largely irrelevant now. He's here to stay and we need to figure out how you make the best of the situation.

With Ibe and Markovic likely to kick on and get more game time, Coutinho set to shine again and the arrival of a
options like Firmino, Milner, Ings and Origi I feel like he might get squeezed out of the team.

Given the investment in him I think it's incumbent on Rodgers to salvage something out of this signing.

So with that all said, I feel like Lallana could be reinvented. I feel like without pace and agility it can be more difficult for a player of Lallanas ability to be really effective in the final third. But could we play him deeper?

Could we reinvent him as a poor man's Pirlo?

I think he's got the passing, close control and vision to be able to play that role reasonably well. I'd certainly rather him on the ball in midfield instead of Allen or Lucas. Is this the way to maximise the return on our investment in him?

That is one of the worst suggestions I've ever read on here.

Maybe we should just have 11 players.
Get rid of all the others and just stick with who we think is the best for each position.

Or a defensive mid. You never need a defensive mid when playing at home.

*thingsivelearnedonSCM

To play that role in this system, you need someone who can play 20-30 yard passes constantly, Lallana has always been more about playing short passes, one-two's and great movement on and off the ball, totally the wrong player. Use him where he plays best and more importantly, with movement around him.

Am I missing something? Is it a pisstake? Have I been whooshed?

It's that shite a suggestion I must be, surely.
I usually assume he does it deliberately to provoke debate and get some traffic to the site, a bit like the way Mike Parry and half the other presenters talk absolute shite on Talksport just to wind up listeners and get them phoning up.

No interest really. I think we have different ways of enjoying ourselves on here.

Yeah, post another hilarious picture of Graham please.

And then repeat the phrases ' wages say fifth' ' manager don't matter' ad nauseum.

f0b4dfa6b46944d0c4f23927c62599dc.jpg

Yeah the Graham pics are becoming tiresome, but Cloggy's by a distance of the funniest posters on here. Not sure where Ross is going with that one.

You can cut sexual tension between Rosco and cloggy with a knife.

He'll be reunited with Pochettino at Spurs in January me thinks.

Just can't see it working out for Lallana with us. It's a shame because he's a really really talented player.

If he gets a big pre season behind him he has a chance, but if push comes to shove, the 29m signing and Coutinho will be played over him more often than not.

Certainly is make or break time for him (and Rodgers) in the first few months of the season.

If he gets a big pre season behind him he has a chance, but if push comes to shove, the 29m signing and Coutinho will be played over him more often than not.

Certainly is make or break time for him (and Rodgers) in the first few months of the season.

With Lallana I think it's just a matter of getting his body right and staying injury free.

His technique & skills are very classy ... and he has a very good work rate, likes to press high.

He, along with Coutinho, possess the intricate skills we need in and around the box to break down tight defences.

I hope he can stay fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom