• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

What next for Rodgers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Werner jets in to Anfield to DEMAND answers over Liverpool's dismal season

The Boston-based Anfield power broker will stay for 72 hours and demand answers about the club’s dismal end to the season which included a 6-1 last day defeat at Stoke.

It’s understood that manager Brendan Rodgers will survive the inquest, having credit in the bank following their second placed finish 12 months ago.

But Rodgers will be left under no illusions that he will have to hit the ground running at the start of the new campaign.
Liverpool’s transfer committee will also come under scrutiny after a number of last summer’s buys failed to deliver.
The club’s owners, The Fenway Sports Group, will demand a much improved recruitment policy this time around knowing that the fans have become disillusioned.

Some have called for Rodgers’ head and providing Werner receives the right answers this week then he will survive.

I dont get it. FSG have access to all the information - who was responsible for which signings, the exact amount paid, everything. Apparently Rodgers has been in communication with them for three years. We all know the main criteria by which managers performance is measured - performance on the pitch. Given that they have access to all the information needed to make a decision on hiring/firing people, what new information are they going to learn by coming here and interviewing Rodgers and TC? What special insight can Rodgers provide? What tough questions can Werner ask the answers to which they already dont know?

I dont get it. FSG have access to all the information - who was responsible for which signings, the exact amount paid, everything. Apparently Rodgers has been in communication with them for three years. We all know the main criteria by which managers performance is measured - performance on the pitch. Given that they have access to all the information needed to make a decision on hiring/firing people, what new information are they going to learn by coming here and interviewing Rodgers and TC? What special insight can Rodgers provide? What tough questions can Werner ask the answers to which they already dont know?

Given they are not based in the UK, which is another matter entirely, it's only right to hold a proper review at Liverpool once a year. It's the very least we should expect from the owners. I do not see how this can be criticised.

Given they are not based in the UK, which is another matter entirely, it's only right to hold a proper review at Liverpool once a year. It's the very least we should expect from the owners. I do not see how this can be criticised.

I am saying they should have done this way more frequently and much ahead of time. For all the criticisms Parry had, he had started to sound out Rafa 5 months before Houllier's tenure ended. In the same way, Houllier was in the frame 6-7 months before he officially took over. They should have had access to all the information needed to make a decision by this time. Rodgers has been here for 3 years, the committee for 2.5 years.

My guess is that either this review is just a cover for the owners to buy time to check the availability of other candidates before keeping/firing Rodgers or they have taken a decision to keep Rodgers and this review is just some cover story to show the fans that they are serious. If they are truly visiting Liverpool to collect information to make a decision on keeping/firing Rodgers then we are f****** as it indicates LFC is not a top priority for these owners.

The next 3 or 4 days could well shape the future of Liverpool Football Club. Big decisions need making.

I am saying they should have done this way more frequently and much ahead of time. For all the criticisms Parry had, he had started to sound out Rafa 5 months before Houllier's tenure ended. In the same way, Houllier was in the frame 6-7 months before he officially took over. They should have had access to all the information needed to make a decision by this time. Rodgers has been here for 3 years, the committee for 2.5 years.

My guess is that either this review is just a cover for the owners to buy time to check the availability of other candidates before keeping/firing Rodgers or they have taken a decision to keep Rodgers and this review is just some cover story to show the fans that they are serious. If they are truly visiting Liverpool to collect information to make a decision on keeping/firing Rodgers then we are f****** as it indicates LFC is not a top priority for these owners.

I'm sure FSG have been gathering info, but doing so.at a distance is never going to be enough by itself when such potentially major decisions might need to be made. IMO it would be positively foolhardy of them not to get on site and investigate for themselves before deciding one way or the other.

I don't think there's reason for concern about LFC's place on their priority list either. They've already invested a shedload of cash in the club, besides which they actually sold off some of their holdings in the US a while ago. They need LFC to succeed. It's why they're concerned now.

May well be, but I'm sure he was given a target of a top four place this season and, if he stays, my bet is that that target will be given extra teeth, i.e.4th place minimum or you're out. In their position I'd defo want some of the support staff gone and, if they're Rodgers' men, that may make a difference.

Sounds about right Imo mate. He'll have no complaints if he gets the boot next season (if he fails to get fourth).

And they wont be sacking him unless they know they have a replacement lined up either.
i'm not sure what to make of all this tbh.

Big week ahead for Liverpool Football Club.
We laughed at Arsenal last season and now they're two steps infront of us again.

Oi Henry,Werner & Co! your boy took a hell of a beating. Hands off Sox, on Kop.

Too much time stateside and not enough polishing of your limey 'franchise'.

It's a testament to how low key Mike Gordon is that people keep referring to Henry and Werner as the bosses.

Gordon is the FSG president and second largest shareholder. And he's working in the club on a daily basis.

If I were running the show I wouldn't be flying in to talk to the football manager exclusively, I'd be here to resolve the broader management issues.

There seems to be some confusion as to who is responsible for what and even who is in charge and directing operations cf. this Gordon guy.

Anonymous persons and committees all over the place, who are these people? Are they experienced, qualified with a track record?

Everything is pointing at giving Rodgers the first part of the season to prove himself & then sacking him if he fails to deliver.
I just hope the owners have been in touch with Klopp/Carlo to get assurances they can take over, cos if he's failing come November & there's no decent managers available it'll be a massive fuck up.

Everything is pointing at giving Rodgers the first part of the season to prove himself & then sacking him if he fails to deliver.
I just hope the owners have been in touch with Klopp/Carlo to get assurances they can take over, cos if he's failing come November & there's no decent managers available it'll be a massive fuck up.

Which would be the wrong way to do it imho.
The summer is obviously the best time for a change. Swapping in November is not gonna help the new manager with players and tactics etc. It will just result in 1 more year of falling behind the top 4.

I would be surprised if that was how things are decided.

It'll either be now or next year, unless we have a truly awful first third of the season

To me, if that were the case, it would be rank bad management. Also I can't believe a suitable manager would wait around to see if maybe the current incumbent messed up. What if BR succeeds?, would we say thanks Jurgen for waiting but the boy done good, you can fuck off now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom