• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

What next for Rodgers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incredibly Successful this year wasn't he... ?

Has his value increased? At the moment.... Probably not..

Would any other top 4 team want to sign him? Probably not...

Whilst I don't deny his abilities and his goal scoring record from last Season.. How can he possibly be considered a long term success as our main 'Striker' if his injuries continue into next season.. ?

Lets not forget we are paying him 7 million a year in wages too.. That seems quite a lot for a player who can potentially spend most of the season on the Sidelines..

35 goals in 55 goals for £10M is a success by anyones standards.

Suggesting otherwise is either being a troll or being a fucking mong. Which is it?

I think you guys are being harsh. RedNinja has (stumbled upon) a good point.

The initial signing of Sturridge was a success, no question.

The resigning of Sturridge on a big fat contract, well... that depends on how his fitness pans out, doesn't it?

I think you guys are being harsh. RedNinja has (stumbled upon) a good point.

The initial signing of Sturridge was a success, no question.

The resigning of Sturridge on a big fat contract, well... that depends on how his fitness pans out, doesn't it?

Fair enough, but Redninja, as compulsive and selective as ever, has already decided he's a failure, choosing to judge him on his 12 months injured rather than his 18 months where he was banging goals in.

Fair enough, but Redninja, as compulsive and selective as ever, has already decided he's a failure, choosing to judge him on his 12 months injured rather than his 18 months where he was banging goals in.

He's entitled to that opinion. 35 goals in 55 is a fantasic record, 35 goals in 2 1/2 season is only ok and in or around the mark of a 10 million striker. If he misses half of next season which looks more likely than not, then we have a player on a very good contract not contributing anything (even though it's not his own fault).

35 goals in 55 goals for £10M is a success by anyones standards.

Suggesting otherwise is either being a troll or being a fucking mong. Which is it?

That's not the complete picture is it?

First the fee was 12 million not 10 million..

His wages before he renewed his contract was 3.5 million year..

His current wages since September 2014 is around 7 million a year.. and we will continue to pay that regardless of whether he plays or not..

5 goals in 18 games this Season.. If we sold him now we would probably struggle to get what we paid for him because of his injury record..

15 different spates of injuries since we signed him..

Again I don't dispute his abilty, im that's not open for debate... He was signed as a first choice striker... We cannot rely on him being first choice striker due to his injury record and as a result we are forced to splash out on an alternative..

Successful signing ?

Imho No..

Hahahahahaha what a load of bollox.
Ross Mccmormack went for 15 million.
And Sturridge isn't worth 10.
If you really believe we haven't got our money's worth with Sturridge then Squiggles is right.
It's irrelevant what he does in the future regarding his fee.
He was a fucking bargain.

Hahahahahaha what a load of bollox.
Ross Mccmormack went for 15 million.
And Sturridge isn't worth 10.
If you really believe we haven't got our money's worth with Sturridge then Squiggles is right.
It's irrelevant what he does in the future regarding his fee.
He was a fucking bargain.
Well it's not irrelevant, if he gets injured practising his dancing this summer & never plays again then you couldn't argue his signing was a success over the long term.

Well it's not irrelevant, if he gets injured practising his dancing this summer & never plays again then you couldn't argue his signing was a success over the long term.
That's not what his initial point was.
As it stands 35 goals in 50 games for 12 million is stonking value.
Best goals scored ratio of any player we've ever had after 50 games.
I've been a harsh critic of Sturridge this season but to say he hasn't been a success and we wouldn't get 10 million for him is absolute shite talk.

That's not the complete picture is it?

First the fee was 12 million not 10 million..

His wages before he renewed his contract was 3.5 million year..

His current wages since September 2014 is around 7 million a year.. and we will continue to pay that regardless of whether he plays or not..

5 goals in 18 games this Season.. If we sold him now we would probably struggle to get what we paid for him because of his injury record..

15 different spates of injuries since we signed him..

Again I don't dispute his abilty, im that's not open for debate... He was signed as a first choice striker... We cannot rely on him being first choice striker due to his injury record and as a result we are forced to splash out on an alternative..

Successful signing ?

Imho No..

are-you-an-9si0o9.jpg

Thank you.. This is my point..

I'm talking longevity of the signing and what we are now out laying in his wages and his replacements

I'm like most on here.. I want him to recover.. But I don't think we will be ever be able to rely on him as a 1st choice striker..

Thank you.. This is my point..

I'm talking longevity of the signing and what we are now out laying in his wages and his replacements

I'm like most on here.. I want him to recover.. But I don't think we will be ever be able to rely on him as a 1st choice striker..

He has the quality to be a number one striker but I agree we can't rely on his health. Also, we need multiple top attackers if we really are going to compete on multiple fronts. Ideally our options will be able to play on their own and occasionally together as needed.

Tom Werner jets in to Anfield to DEMAND answers over Liverpool's dismal season

The Boston-based Anfield power broker will stay for 72 hours and demand answers about the club’s dismal end to the season which included a 6-1 last day defeat at Stoke.

It’s understood that manager Brendan Rodgers will survive the inquest, having credit in the bank following their second placed finish 12 months ago.

But Rodgers will be left under no illusions that he will have to hit the ground running at the start of the new campaign.
Liverpool’s transfer committee will also come under scrutiny after a number of last summer’s buys failed to deliver.
The club’s owners, The Fenway Sports Group, will demand a much improved recruitment policy this time around knowing that the fans have become disillusioned.

Some have called for Rodgers’ head and providing Werner receives the right answers this week then he will survive.

Will Tom be wearing his David Byrne suit, addressing the sane Liverpool supporters "Guys, stop making sense" then keeping Rodgers and his comiteh?

Whopper.

Sunday Times saying we're exploring alternatives to Rodgers. Klopp being one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom