• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Where are they now

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluebell

Well-Known
If they only knew that taking a photo with @StevieM would be the start of slippery slope to ignominy.
[article]
Liverpool record-breaker now without a club at 26 and owns fried chicken takeaway
Jerome Sinclair remains the youngest-ever player to feature for Liverpool, but his career has taken a sharp downturn since he made his Reds debut back in September 2012

By
Jacob LeeksSports Reporter

The youngest player in Liverpool 's history is now without a club and the owner of a fried chicken takeaway in Birmingham.
Jerome Sinclair made his Reds debut at the age of 16 years and six days old back in September 2012. It came in a League Cup tie away at West Brom, with Sinclair coming on for Samed Yesil in a win away at the Hawthorns.
[/article]

[article]

Samed Yesil: From playing for Liverpool at Anfield to working in a factory

GettyImages-155061842-1024x626.jpg

By James Pearce
Sep 6, 2021

Samed Yesil should be entering his prime.
He was one of the biggest talents of his generation in Germany. He made his Bundesliga debut for Bayer Leverkusen when he was just 17.
His prolific goalscoring at youth level for club and country earned him the nickname ‘Gerd’, after legendary striker Gerd Muller.
Liverpool paid Leverkusen £1 million to sign him at age 18 in the summer of 2012 and he was soon rubbing shoulders with Steven Gerrard and Luis Suarez at Melwood.
He had the world at his feet.
Now 27, Yesil’s life is far removed from the bright lights of the Premier League.
Living in the city of Krefeld, north west of Dusseldorf, with wife Gonca and their young son Ilyas, he plays for DJK Teutonia St Tonis in the Oberliga Niederrhein, a regional league in the fifth tier of German football who train three times a week. From 7am until 3:30pm Monday to Friday, he works in a factory, building air filters.
“It’s an amateur league, but it’s still a good league to improve yourself and get fit,” Yesil tells The Athletic.
“We’ve taken four points out of six so far this season and I’ve got a few assists, so I want to build on that. It depends who we are facing but usually we get crowds of around 200 to 300. I’m sure if I can play 30 games this season and score 15 to 20 goals then I will move back up the leagues again.
“The president of the club gave me a job in his company. I need to try ways into life post-football, in case I don’t get back into a professional league.”
To say that Yesil has been dealt a bad hand would be an understatement.
Devastating injury setbacks wrecked his time at Liverpool and since his contract there expired in 2016 he’s led a nomadic existence. However, despite all the adversity he’s been faced with, his spirit hasn’t been broken. He is engaging company as he relives a journey that cruelly veered off track after such a promising start.

[/article]

[article]

Ex-Liverpool star returns to football after admitting he 'wasn't the same' after stabbing
After more than two years out of the game, a player who was once among Liverpool's brightest prospects is resuming his career down in the sixth tier of English football
0_Soccer-Barclays-Premier-League-Liverpool-v-Stoke-City-Anfield.jpg

Andre Wisdom made his Liverpool debut in the 2012-13 season (
Image: PA)

By
Tom VictorSport Trends Writer

Former Liverpool and England under-21 starlet Andre Wisdom has returned to football after the stabbing which he has said ruined his career.
Wisdom, 30, broke into the first-team at Anfield during Brendan Rodgers' time as manager. He racked up nearly 50 Premier League appearances - many of them during loan spells at West Bromwich Albion and Norwich City - before leaving for Derby County and playing more than 100 times for the Rams.

The defender has admitted he "wasn't the same" after being stabbed in an unprovoked attack in 2020, though, and had been without a club since leaving Derby the following year. Now, though, he is ready to rebuild his career at National League North side Warrington Town.
"It was frustrating as when I've come out of hospital after like three days, I had a couple of operations, it was like my body just wasn't the same," Wisdom told The Beautiful Game Podcast in May.

"I tried to get back into football and it wasn't the same, I wasn't getting the same output in terms of power or speed." He said he got headaches after being stabbed in the head, while the incident also impacted his breathing after he was left with fluid on his lungs.
Wisdom played regularly for Derby in his final season, but admitted he rushed back into the game after being released from hospital. A groin problem suffered towards the end of his time at Pride Park meant he was left out of contract and injured, and only now has he returned to the game after trials with clubs in England and overseas.
What are your memories of Andre Wisdom at Liverpool and Derby? Share your stories in the comments section

0_Derby-County-v-Queens-Park-Rangers-Sky-Bet-Championship-Pride-Park.jpg

Wisdom has found a new club after leaving Derby in 2021 (
Image:
EMPICS Sport)
"I think I rushed coming back to football," he added. "So once I could walk, which was like three weeks I went straight back to football. As men we get ahead of ourselves. I played two games and I wasn't right and my ego wouldn't let me accept it."

Warrington announced the arrival of Wisdom on Friday, ahead of a league meeting with King's Lynn. The club, who won promotion from the Northern Premier League last season, confirmed he had been training with them before putting pen to paper.
Wisdom had trials with a number of clubs over the last two years, including League One Portsmouth and Polish top-flight outfit Warta Poznan. Now, though, he will be keen to get his career back on track at a Warrington team with 10 points from their opening nine league games.

[/article]

[article]
What is Djibril Cisse doing now?

Unfortunately, that was as good as it got for the striker at Anfield, departing on loan to Marseille in the summer before leaving permanently the following year after scoring 24 goals in 79 appearances for the Reds.
Later on in his career after being sold for £6m to Marseille, Cisse would turn out for Premier League sides Sunderland and Queens Park Rangers before announcing his full retirement from the sport in 2018.
Now 42-years-old and enjoying life as a worldwide DJ, Cisse has devoted his passion from scoring goals to playing sets across the globe.

[/article]

I used to watch the reserves around that time and desperately wanted some of those kids to make it but could never figure out Bruna. He didn't seem to be good at anything.

I used to watch the reserves around that time and desperately wanted some of those kids to make it but could never figure out Bruna. He didn't seem to be good at anything.
He had a lot power in his shots and free kicks, but that was it

Knock off Portuguese VVD Tiago Llori is now without a club. I remember when @moron called him "Generational"
177859-1550749129.jpg

Bobby Duncan is now playing in the 4th tier of Spanish football Linense. He probably saw the badge thought it was Madrid. He isn't looking happy is he?
367476.jpg

Last edited:
Either bobby deserves everything he got, or he was advised horribly.

Either bobby deserves everything he got, or he was advised horribly.
Not sure which team it was but I remember some staff member saying he had a bad attitude.
He should just return to England and try out for Accrington Stanley or something. Try to work himself up.

Duncan Donut looks like he’s about to cry. Forget the money, he’s still young and playing football in Spain for a living. Could be a lot worse.

Knock off Portuguese VVD Tiago Llori is now without a club. I remember when @moron called him "Generational"
177859-1550749129.jpg

Bobby Duncan is now playing in the 4th tier of Spanish football Linense. He probably saw the badge thought it was Madrid. He isn't looking happy is he?
367476.jpg

he really mucked it up, didn't he?

For once, BB, I was questioning myself & not slagging you. I honestly went to bed last night wondering if I I had the non reserve player's name wrong all these years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom