• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Where will City drop points

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assume they won't lose points, and for us to win every game. We never got any help last season from anyone so i will assume nothing has changed on that front. Our current lead means fuck all as we are not even half way through tye season, and i can see us losing against anyone as much as i can see us beating everyone. A draw for us is no different to losing a game.

Assume they won't lose points, and for us to win every game. We never got any help last season from anyone so i will assume nothing has changed on that front. Our current lead means fuck all as we are not even half way through tye season, and i can see us losing against anyone as much as i can see us beating everyone. A draw for us is no different to losing a game.

This all day.

Just delete this thread and stop thinking about City. It's guaranteed recipe for misery.

We fell into this trap last year thinking City would drop points playing the traditional strong teams like United, Chelsea etc, they never did. They are a weird team like that, when they're on their game they'll beat every other team at their best, besides from us, however when they aren't on their game, almost every team can take points off them, that doesn't happen very often though.

tldr; they'll drop points, but it'll be against random teams you wouldn't expect.
tldr; x2
City usually drop points when we least expect it.

Their defence is in pieces. Surely they’re more likely to slip up against stronger teams now. a team as good as City can defend against weaker teams by just constantly attacking them and keeping the ball. Not so easy against top opposition with decent finishers.
I was getting worried about facing them .. and for sure we'll concede, however with Rodri, Laporte, Zinchenko (and Sane) all definitely out they will be relying on Stones and Fernandinho to keep us out .. they won't. At this moment in time I can see us winning 3-1 or 3-2 maybe finishing 2-2 if things go against us. However a lot can change in two weeks.

The best chance of them losing is at Anfield, though a draw would obviously not be the end of the world for both sides. That Chelsea team is full of genuine quality, albeit because the players are young, we can expect some inconsistency. I do think they have exactly the kind of qualities that might cause City problems. I'm certainly glad to have got the match at Stamford bridge out of the way, as I think it will be the toughest away match other than City for most teams. Leicester are also exactly the sort of team who could sneak something at home. I expect ManUtd to get bummed into the stands.

The positive is that teams are starting to realise that City can be vulnerable and we can only hope that they get another hiccup in the coming weeks but ultimately we just need to focus on every 2-3 game stint and getting the wins over the line.

I wonder if we might be in the market for some form of attacker/attacking mid in Jan if it looks like reinforcements might cement a title (if we are leading and have a buffer by Jan).

Right.... I’m going to stick my neck out about where City are going to drop points.

It’s definitely going to be on the pitch.

Not really worthy of a new thread, but I was just thinking of the Carabao cup and how City are set to face the hapless Southampton, while we face Arsenal. I can't remember the last time they had a tough draw, especially in the domestic cups, and their Champions League group looks like something the Europa League would cough up.

Preston
Southampton
Watford
Brighton
Swansea
Chelsea (okay, one)
Newport
Burnley
Burton x2
Rotherham
Leicester
Fulham
Oxford

That's the list of teams they've played this season and last season in the domestic cups.

In the Champions League, they've played...

Zagreb
Atalanta
Shakhtar
Spurs
Schalke
Hoffenheim
Lyon
Shakhtar

And they think everything is a conspiracy against them? Nutters.

Add Oxford (again) to this list.

Interestingly, the games against Leicester and Chelsea they needed pens to win. Spurs knocked them out of the CL of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom