• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Who do we sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hansern

Thinks he owns the place
Suarez is off. Take the 45-50 mill, or player+cash?

Who do we buy to replace him?

No player who's worth that amount of money would want to join us now.

But since you asked, Jovetic.

I don't think there's any obvious candidates as Suarez is almost in a league of his own. And those other few in his League are completely out of our reach.

Would be a massive blow to our quest to get back to the top of the league, let alone back in to top 4 to see Suarez leave.

There's Henrikh from Shakthar and he'd fit pretty well in to Rodgers system and he will score goals, and he'd cost around £15M. Could become a star but he's not Suarez class at this stage, but probably some of the best quality forward wise we can dream off.

Higuain
Jovetic
Di Maria
Sanchez
Gomez
Shaquiri
Kroos
Miralles
Weimann
Bender
Etc etc
Good players.

I dunno. If we get £40m for Suarez, £15m for Carroll, and perhaps £20m for Coates, Skrtel, Downing, and Spearing, plus a £20m budget, then that's £95m. That's some serious money to spend - where do the likes of Aspas and Luis Alberto fit into that? They're the sort of guys you go for if you're really trying to stretch resources...

Anyway, I'd spend £20m or so on 2 centre halves. £15m on someone like Wanyama. Maybe £40m on two striker/winger types..... er £10m on a LB maybe?

Sanchez would be a dream signing. Good shouts most of them although some of these might be our of our reach.

I am personally not sure Higuain would be a clever signing mind. A bit too slow in thought and mind for the kind of football we'd like to play I believe. Perhaps the same with Gomez?

Mirralas would be a complete no go for me and I am not that keen on Weimann either.

Perhaps Viktor Fischer too despite his age. He'll be just as good if not better than Suarez but only in a few years time.

Alexis Sanchez, Henrikh and Viktor Fischer it is. Then I would, reluctantly, accept Suarez leaving.

I think he might just stay another season. He'd then be 27. If we're not challenging and end up 7th again then he can leave with his held held high in my opinion, and go on to be highly successful in Spain. More money and lower tax in a country that speaks your own language in a better climate at a club that regularly challenges for the Champions league and La Liga. We need to be able to offer him the best football of his life for that final big contract. I hope we do, and I hope he's a huge part of it.

We don't get better by replacing him with one player

Quite. In this case we're probably quite unlikely to get one player that is as good as Suarez (nevermind better) so you have to reinvest in a couple areas and hope that the team overall improves.

I remember when Ian Rush left for Juventus, and we replaced him with Barnes, Beardsley and Aldridge. If Luis leaves, I hope we do something like that.

i remember when torres left and we bought stewart downing and andy carroll

Presuming we'd be signing centre backs and a left back anyway this summer, I'd spend the money on Xabi Alonso and then someone to play the no. 10 role. Either that or have Coutinho as the no. 10 and sign someone for the left.

who's the next up and coming striker from south america ? let's sign him before porto do .

am really pleased we are linked with a lot of attacking players. this area is the priority and we need as much depth as possible.

We'll be fine regardless, but the slide needs to be placed with a ladder next season or Brendan will be gone

We'll be fine regardless, but the slide needs to be placed with a ladder next season or Brendan will be gone

Not sure what this means but I dont really think we could blame Rodgers if Suarez goes. Rodgers has gotten the best out of him and obviously doesnt want to see but if Suarez wants out and the board accept then what can he do?

Not sure what this means but I dont really think we could blame Rodgers if Suarez goes. Rodgers has gotten the best out of him and obviously doesnt want to see but if Suarez wants out and the board accept then what can he do?

I just mean we have to be close to the top 4 next year. 6th 7th or 8th won't cut it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom