• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Who do you want ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosco

Worse than Brendan
It's going to be difficult to improve a side that finishes with 97 points but that's the job the club faces this summer.

We have the odd issue with depth but overall it's a great squad. Operating on the assumption that we keep everyone we want to, what additions would you make ?

Ideally, I would add another versatile forward and probably an offensive minded midfielder.

The names I'd have on the versatile forward list would be:

Richarlison
Jadon Sancho
Luka Jovic
Nicolas Pepe
Or probably the less versatile Piatek from Milan who looks like a born goalscorer.

In midfield:
We've been linked with Ruben Neves, who I like.
I'd also consider Aouar at Lyon, maybe Fekir too.
De Beek of Ajax.

We need some depth at full back but if Hoever continues to develop quickly he might be a legitimate option at RB. I don't know who would be a decent backup option on the left.

I think we have shown that taking a place in this team is extreme difficult. Big signings like Keita and Fabinho learned that it takes a lot to take Gini-Hendo-Milners place. CDs will have to fight it out with Matip, who look fantastic these days, and Gomez. Forwards will at best be substitutes. Very very difficult to recruit now.

An forward who is comfortable on the left and up front - I wouldn't mind seeing how big we are now and if the likes of Coman might come to us.

LB - maybe Gomez will fill it but I have doubts over him being available for a whole season - don't see the point in paying loads for someone like Chilwell either. Maybe see if we can get Rose?

I'd go after Alderweireld too to replace Lovren.

I guess we need a new backup GK if Migs is off, and I think that's all we really need

Richarlison => no chance, but good shout.
Sancho => Too expensive imo already ... but we should be aware of every single City youth player who's contract is expiring and wants a move.
I'd definitely go for Jovic - he seems like a bobby clone.

Midfield - we're getting Ox back ... getting another player there will be helpful.

FB cover => Ox and everyone raves about the Kelly kid I've never seen from Barnsley!

Very very difficult to recruit now.

This is the best time for us to recruit!
We've just finished the season second, and we are in the Champions League Final for the second season running, we have the best manager in the World.

Players must by now realise they play as part of the squad and that means they can't play every single game.
I think we are finally in the position where we look down the squad list and even the most cynical/pessimistic fan selects, at most, 3 players we see as deadwood and should sell. Otherwise it's packed full of absolute legends and we are finally in the position where we can splurge £100-120 million on 2 players who would make the squad amazing. I've no doubt the team has been working behind the scenes and will settle the signings we will make as soon as the champions league final is done.

City have no lack of established quality players interested in signing for them even though they are packed to the rafter with quality.

I hate the constant comparisons to City but it's obvious they have way more depth in the forward positions. I think that not only helps them with injuries / fitness but it creates the competition and helps overcome dips in form.

We absolutely need one or more top level forward players. There's no point if they aren't top drawer.

Sancho, Dembele, Coutinho :eek:, Jovic

I don't really follow a lot of football these days besides Liverpool. I'm sure there's plenty more.

Top quality competition / support for the front three (someone who can play all positions), some cover for Andy, top quality competition / support at centre back. Maybe a midfielder?

Brandt, Zeyich, Kieren Tierney, and possibly De Ligt and if our young GK are not upto scratch then a GK.
The driftwood
Moreno - will leave free
Lallana - small fee maybe attainable
Sturridge - will leave free
Ming - small fee maybe attainable
Ings - £20m plus
Clyne - £20m plus

Other possible departures
Origi - £30m
Grujic -£35m
Lovren - £20m

Gini, Milner, Hendo, Ox, Keita, Fab is a pretty solid Midfield to choose from already.

Not sure if we will go for another forward if Origi is potentially being given a new contract, and Brewster ready after his injury.

What have I missed that people think we will get £35m for Grujic?

Honest question. Not even English players at his level would fetch that.

Full back for sure - likely left sided and a CB even if it might damage Gomez's development a bit. We need to be prudent about how reliable he can be given Matip & Lovren are both injury nightmares it seems.

Midfield I'm comfortable with although it only needs two of them injured for it to become stretched.

Forward - absolutely someone who can play as a wide forward. Origi will definitely get more minutes, Brewster I think will only be a cup game type player next season so someone else instead of Sturridge unless something has changed in Klopp's mind and he actually thinks he will trust Shaq to fit into the system next year.

Origi
Brewster
Keita
Ox
Wilson
Gruijc

That's where your extra strength will come from..

Sturridge
Moreno
Mingolet
Clyne

Will be shipped out..

So a left back and goalkeeper is required

Arguably also a right back...

We need a player who can play as an AM or anywhere in the front 3, and is a playmaker..

I'd take Coutinho back if he was offered.. (knock down fee of course) he would fit the bill.. Though Klopp may see the OX can carry that can .

I would also get rid of lovren and sign a replacement, though as he is buddies with Salah.. probably best keep him here as 4th choice

Last edited:
I'd be interested to see what happens to Ming. He obv isn't first team material, he is probably the best back up keeper in the league though and by all accounts is doing great as a team player for morale. If he was happy to stay (i bet he's on a fine wage, great training facilities, settled where he lives etc) I'd happily leave the GK dept. as it is. Shouldn't require any of our focus or energy unless we get a serious offer for him.

Ideally:

Maybe a keeper to replace Mignolet as Allison's understudy.
Don't need a centre back desperately (Matip, Hoever & poss Fabinho for emergency) but could see one coming in who would be reserve.
Left back for sure to cover Robbo.
Happy with midfield as it is (assuming we have another year of Milner).
One quality forward to allow us to rotate/rest the front three.

That would be four squad players, we'd need to spend big on the forward probably, but the other three you'd assume we could buy without having to break the bank, & we'll have maybe 6 players leaving so should have the wages available.

Given Klopp's history with younger players I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Brewster as backup forward behind Origi with a chance to surpass him if he performs.

What have I missed that people think we will get £35m for Grujic?

Honest question. Not even English players at his level would fetch that.
You clearly have not watched him play..

He has been excellent for Hertha Berlin all season... So much so it was no Suprise when he was injured, there form dipped.. He came back there form picked up in parts again..

He becoming very accomplished in the DM role... He has held things together for them all season...

Player of the season for them I think..

A top forward who can also play out wide.
This is where we should spend.

An attacking midfielder who can unlock things, and is also a goal threat-
Back up for Robbo.

A top forward who can also play out wide.
This is where we should spend.

An attacking midfielder who can unlock things, and is also a goal threat-
Back up for Robbo.
Sadly with Keita and OX next season, I don't think we will see that unless the AM purchased can be versatile and also play in the front 3..

Personally think the club will go hard for Nicolas Pepe to rotate with the front three. Julian Brandt will be gone for as an attacking midfielder and not a forward..although he maybe used there occasionally. Think the rest of the midfield is fine. Lloyd Kelly probably as a defender. And an experienced back up goalkeeper.

Ziyech and Brandt will be steals at their respective release clause of £25m and £21.5m

Havertz and Maddison's value will continue to soar

Kai's asking price is €75m. Knowing Leicester, they'll ask £65m+ for Maddison. Brandt at £25m and Hakim Zeyich at £35m are no brainers.

There's absolutely zero chance of Richarlison.

Pepe to play across the front 3. Never seen him play, but people say he's good. Someone like that.

A left back that isn't Moreno.

Cover for RB.

A world class CM everyone keeps saying?

I don't really know. I can't really see what positions we can improve, let alone knowing what specific players to get.

Is there another Van Dijk about? Imagine that. Koulibaly and Van Dijk or something. Scary. Though Matip has been great recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom