• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Why are English supporters the most pitiful in world football?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing a high risk game with a late kick off is also incompetent by UEFA. You're allowing both set of fans to booze up the entire day before going into the stadium.

3 Norwegian lads were at the game and said there were no security checks before entering.
Very poor planning and set up from UEFA and the French.

Scandos are exempt from security checks? Makes sense

13445687_10153860217544412_1464648088913278713_n.jpg
13450148_10153860217554412_3752265335124256726_n.jpg

Twitter is full of shit.

My mate was at the game last night, he hasnt been in Marseille all day so doesnt know what has been going on in the city but in the ground at full time a huge section of the Russian support pulled on Balaclavas and charged the England section nearest to them assaulting everyone.
It started systematically as soon as the final whistle blew.

I think we have a lot of pissed up brits abroad being targetted by Russian gangs and local lads because they know pissed up brits like a ruck.

I think the England fans are being demonised. I dont really know why. But the majority of the footage I have seen on any channel shows the above.

Im not sticking up for anyone, if youre a cunt youre a cunt no matter where you come from, but its interesting that the french media and french police dont seem to be blaming the English and neither do uefa but our press and twitter seems to want to blame us.

I guess the truth will out, my mates testimony and some shit tv footage is all ive got to go on at the minute so im not condemning anyone until I know for sure.

Really good article in the Gaurdian. This is a very valid point.

'There will be understandable reluctance to apportion blame until the full facts are known. Some will blame heavy handed police tactics, others Russian provocation. Some will question why an already potentially problematic clash was scheduled in Marseille in the first place.

But perhaps it is also time for the wider contingent of England fans to honest about the fact that colonising a central point, draping it with England flags and aggressively bellowing “No surrender to the IRA”, “10 German bombers”, “If it wasn’t for the English you’d be krauts” and “Fuck off Europe, we’re all voting out” with beery belligerence is in itself an act of aggression'

My pub is closed for renovations at the minute so I'm not actually open for the games.

English fans went to one of our sister pubs last night.

Result :

1 X broken tv
1 X broken window
1 X hole in the wall.

To be fair - the pub looks after Chelsea fans... So they have come across this sort of behaviour before.

It's just a thing mate - certain English fans, more than any other cant help but cause trouble.

They're not all dickheads, but the dickhead to sane individual ratio is quite high.

I dont agree. At all.
I think if you travel to Italy and see the violence in and around the grounds, to Turkey, to Greece, To Poland.....fuck it to ANYWHERE in the old eastern block you will still see gang culture, organised violence, 1980's style hooliganism. Joey Barton on talksport this morning said he saw it every single week when playing in France and couldnt understand why its never reported, that it is exactly the same there as it was in the 80's.

The English are historically one of the worst offenders but I really dont think its like that anymore, and what I see here this week is the same old tired attitudes by the same old voices 'Oh typical En-ger-land'
Football fans are being set on by Russian gangs and provocated by French ultras and then being demonised for having the audacity to stand up for themselves.

It will be the same in Lille where the Norn Irish fans will be tarred with the same brush as they are targetted and rilled up by locals.

I tell you now if im out there and a 200 strong mob of Russian gangs wearing shirts of their organised ultra clubs start weighing into any tom dick and harry id stand up for them too.

Most pitiful in world football? I think there's a notorious section of Chelsea, West Ham and Millwall fans with mob mentality that go away to these places looking for trouble, and that provokes reactions from other countries fans looking for a kick off. So we see England fans involved and get sensationalist stuff demonising us. I've no doubt there are loads of our fans who are cunts, but most of them go along for the pissup, the other UK countries fans are there because of the football, because they rarely qualify. Most Englands fans I know wouldn't dare go away to watch them. So it's not really "us" is it? Unless we're stereotyping and being judgemental

Is travelling away with your team a thing elsewhere like it is in England?

I don't think it is as much in Spain. What about other places?

I was chatting to a German fan after the game last night and randomly started talking about stag dos and he was saying that in Germany it's not as much of a thing to go for mad pissed up weekends in a foreign city. Is that right?

Perhaps there is a cultural thing of away days - being "on tour" - and all the shit that goes with it and it's that that creates this perception of the English. It feels like the element of violence isn't unique to the English - perhaps even worse elsewhere - but English fans are always there in numbers being lary.

Anyone get what I mean?

Oncey,

I talking about my experiences in dealing with fans, in large numbers, from countries all over the world.

Of course there's issues throughout the world with hard core ultras in every country.

The fact remains that the English, at times, are pre-disposed to helping create these scenarios.

As someone mentioned - if you pitch up somewhere in large numbers, pull your flags out, get hammered & start chanting about the IRA, ISIS and whatever else you're looking for trouble - and these aren't considered the English Ultras who are actively looking for trouble.

Most other countries can send large groups of fans to foreign countries, where they pitch up in huge numbers with flags, get drunk and sing songs that don't incite other groups to violence.

To be fair the French footy fans seem to be massive cunts who are looking to kick off with anyone available. Norn Iron fans and Polish fans were mingling together ahead of their game in Nice, singing songs and having good bantz. Then the Nice Ultras wade in and attack everyone. Apparently order was restored reasonably quickly, but these cunts are going to ruin the tournament if thats the welcome supporters from across the continent are getting.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...atch-supporters-attacked-local-hooligans.html

Its probably somewhere inbetween. A group of Russian fans, a group of English fans and a group of locals. There are dickheads everywhere but in general I guess most football fans that travel are sound.

No point in blaiming soley one group as its obvioulsy a result of dickheads in all three parties being involved.

Oncey,

I talking about my experiences in dealing with fans, in large numbers, from countries all over the world.

Of course there's issues throughout the world with hard core ultras in every country.

The fact remains that the English, at times, are pre-disposed to helping create these scenarios.

As someone mentioned - if you pitch up somewhere in large numbers, pull your flags out, get hammered & start chanting about the IRA, ISIS and whatever else you're looking for trouble - and these aren't considered the English Ultras who are actively looking for trouble.

Most other countries can send large groups of fans to foreign countries, where they pitch up in huge numbers with flags, get drunk and sing songs that don't incite other groups to violence.
I agree totally.

Have nothing bad to say about Liverpudlians despite them also carrying the English tag.
The core of those English fans must be from the London area, and my experience of West Ham fans wasn't especially good.

On a side note...
The Irish are probably the most pleasant people I've met on vacation.
Some banter as expected but never any trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom