• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Why are English supporters the most pitiful in world football?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't get video to upload

Last edited:
We were on holiday in Corfu about four or five years ago. One day at the beach there was three Russian couples, the blokes were all tall and built like tanks and they were sitting In the surf, singing and swiging beers then chucking the empty cans over their shoulders. Fuck's sake, thought I, we might have to go somewhere else. But, to their credit and my surprise, one of them got up and picked up the empty cans and put them in the bin. They then fell asleep beside their leggy blonde birds.

I'm not sure what I want to say with that story.

Both England and Russia threatened with disqualification if there's any more trouble from fans

Yeah, you know when drunk morons gather at football tournaments in European countries and sing songs about taking down ISIS?

I'm not *entirely* sure it's meant with any real degree of intent or authority.

Of course, perhaps a large group of 30 something postal workers, car salesmen, joiners and plumbers are indeed intent on attacking the Raqqa stronghold of an Islamic death cult and waging war, just after they finish their beers and hamburgers on their stop-off to watch some football matches, but it seems more likely it's just idiotic nonsense.

E="manwithnoname, post: 1450051, member: 1731"]Yeah, you know when drunk morons gather at football tournaments in European countries and sing songs about taking down ISIS?

I'm not *entirely* sure it's meant with any real degree of intent or authority.

Of course, perhaps a large group of 30 something postal workers, car salesmen, joiners and plumbers are indeed intent on attacking the Raqqa stronghold of an Islamic death cult and waging war, just after they finish their beers and hamburgers on their stop-off to watch some football matches, but it seems more likely it's just idiotic nonsense.[/QUOTE]
Hilariously missing the point that innocent genuine fans often suffer and get blamed for the actions of cowardly morons

It's pretty ironic that there's high level security over fears of Terrorism. And the fans just end up being the biggest danger to themselves.

9ef39aa97452bd5b841ad308dc57eb83.jpg

It's a pretty weak narrative to start with.

Looks like the focus was too much on terrorism and the hooligans snuck up on the inside to take the win.

They may be thick but they're cunning.

Adrian Durham rant gets it spot on...

Don't normally agree with him, but he has nailed this exactly for what it is

German and Ukraine fans clashing now. Oh dear ruined the narrative a bit.

Really? My mate is there now and he posted lots of pictures of Ukrainian and German fans smiling and taking pictures together before the game. He said the atmosphere was as friendly as it could be.

UPD: I found the news. Ukrainian press claims that a group of apparently German fans who were dressed in black has attacked a crowd of Ukrainians, but left quickly after police got involved. This is the picture that accompanied the article:

l1.jpg

Hard to say if they are indeed Germans, as none of them seem to be wearing any identifiable shirts or colors.

UPD: There are several videos of the German fans' attack on Youtube, some of them do actually wear German NT shirts:

Last edited:
Same shitty scenes in Lille tonight between Germany and Ukraine.
Same black shirts, gum shields and fighting gloves.
What the fuck is going on?

Same shitty scenes in Lille tonight between Germany and Ukraine.
Same black shirts, gum shields and fighting gloves.
What the fuck is going on?

I read a story about the Russians saying they'd be over to help the Ukrainians after they were done with the English. Despite the whole invading their country thing, they still see them as brothers or some shit.

Dave reckons he battered Islam last night. All kicked off outside The Coach.
This deserves more love. 3 likes is poor for this brilliance.
Sack up people we dont do this shit out of the kindness of our hearts.

It might have been if you'd used a more appropriate adjective.

I can't think of a more apt adjective frankly. A bunch of middle-aged morons who - if faced with actual people who could hold their fists together, or alone - would get seven shades of shite knocked out of them cos they couldn't knock snow off a rope, ambling around destroying people's property in some show of faux-passion and patriotism? Utterly fucking pitiful.

It's what you call a knee-jerk reaction, not a fair question. You can't make judgements about the England fans until you know what happened.

I can and I did. Every tournament, every time. No country in the world has supporters so shameful and despicable. Maybe the Turks I guess, but you're in heady company there. Either way, the rest of the world thinks you're an embarrassment.

I read a story about the Russians saying they'd be over to help the Ukrainians after they were done with the English. Despite the whole invading their country thing, they still see them as brothers or some shit.

God save us from such "brothers." It's pretty clear what they will try to do – instigate a fight between Ukrainians and Poles, so that both teams get into trouble with UEFA.

There is also this somewhat plausible conspiracy theory making the rounds on Russian-speaking Internets that allegedly Russia doesn't want to stage the World Cup any more (due to lack of money), but they want to be stripped of it by FIFA rather than face the ignominy of giving it up themselves – so their fans will be stirring up all kinds of trouble in France, while their officials will show blatant disregard and denial of this behavior and thus convince FIFA they can't be trusted to host a tournament.

These quotes sort of support this line of thinking:
Russian sports minister Vitaly Mutko downplayed the incidents that may lead to sanctions against Russia by UEFA and told Russia Today: "There was no clash...that's being exaggerated, in fact everything is fine here. "When the match ended, there was no barrier between the fans. The British were upset, of course, but it all quickly dissolved. Such matches should be organized properly. It is necessary to separate the fans," but he conceded "The bad thing is that there were firecrackers and flares.”

Meanwhile Russia striker Artem Dzyuba controversially thanked Russian fans after the match.
He said: "I thank all our fans. It was a really warm atmosphere tonight."

Last edited:
I can't think of a more apt adjective frankly. A bunch of middle-aged morons who - if faced with actual people who could hold their fists together, or alone - would get seven shades of shite knocked out of them cos they couldn't knock snow off a rope, ambling around destroying people's property in some show of faux-passion and patriotism? Utterly fucking pitiful.

I can and I did. Every tournament, every time. No country in the world has supporters so shameful and despicable. Maybe the Turks I guess, but you're in heady company there. Either way, the rest of the world thinks you're an embarrassment.

Really Ryan, this time around it seems like the English are not the worst offenders. All talk, but the actions are coming from the other countries.

The racist singing and destroying of property still stands though.
I dont think the English are as innocent as some on here are trying to convince themselves they are.
Its somewhere inbetween, as it always is when these things happen.

The scary part is how organized and prepared the Russian ultras look, and how poorly this is handled by the French police.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom