• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Why does Clint Dempsey never get mentioned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At that price, I wouldn't mind him as a replacement for the likes of Maxi, Kuyt and even Bellamy.

He's at least 2-4 years younger than them and more than capable of playing a bigger part then them

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArBu5Vwi9Ek

As for the saying he's a 1 season wonder, he's actually been making steady progress for a couple of seasons - and his role in the Fulham team was slightly changed under Jol. It's not like he suddenly turned out good.

11/12: 17 goals 7 assists 37 app 195 min per goal
10/11: 12 goals 4 assists 37 app 258 min per goal
09/10: 7 goals 3 assists 29 app 342 min per goal
08/09: 7 goals 2 assists 35 app 372 min per goal
07/08: 6 goals 2 assists 36 app 445 min per goal

clintdempsey.jpg

Still quite a lot bearing in mind his age and wages.
At this point in time getting into the top 4 is a priority. We gonna have to pay a premium for a few players. Sell a few of the older and loan players on high wages while promoting a few youngsters. Swap Kuyt for Vargas,get in Dempsey, another winger and central midfielder.

We need to strengthen and refresh the squad in order to compete. This is a revolution after all. Let's be bold.

no thanks, if there is one fulham player we should go for it is dembele, i really like him, strong, good on the ball, can pass and very good technically.

At this point in time getting into the top 4 is a priority. We gonna have to pay a premium for a few players. Sell a few of the older and loan players on high wages while promoting a few youngsters. Swap Kuyt for Vargas,get in Dempsey, another winger and central midfielder.

We need to strengthen and refresh the squad in order to compete. This is a revolution after all. Let's be bold.

Yes, but not by paying a premium for Clint Dempsey. That's not 'bold'. That's closer to desperate. I wouldn't mind him in the squad at all but FSG are in penny-pinching mode. If he was on a free transfer, fine, but £4m + big wages is not my idea of a bold move.

I don't like the idea of paying a premium to the likes of Dempsey. I hope we learned something from paying a premium for Downing.

Don't get me wrong - four years ago I was very keen on getting him, and I do rate him, but how much would we get out of him now? Two years? Maybe not always an integral part of a Rodgers-style team. So forgive me for seeming overly picky. I just err on the side of caution when it comes to the fee.

I don't like the idea of paying a premium to the likes of Dempsey. I hope we learned something from paying a premium for Downing.
£4M is not a premium. I'm not sure what wages his on on the attraction of Liverpool and the new project plus a small increase in wages should do it. He wants to play on a bigger stage and we can offer him that.

Mentioning Downing is just stupid. We're not talking anything like the money we paid for him. I would also hope that we have leanrt from paying over the odds for Downing, Henderson and Carroll. When we pay a premium for a player, he should be world class or thereabouts. We should be frugal in the transfer market, there's bargains to be had.

Well you said we should pay a premium for Dempsey...your words, not mine.

I agree with this bit..

"When we pay a premium for a player, he should be world class or thereabouts."

I was
Well you said we should pay a premium for Dempsey...your words, not mine.

I agree with this bit..

"When we pay a premium for a player, he should be world class or thereabouts."
Talking about wages Dude. A 10k weekly increase and ambition should be sufficient. £4M is hardly a premium.

I really hope we're not thinking of signing Dempsey.

1. He's all but 30 now
2. I'd suspect that he'd want at least a 3 year deal
3. Paying £4mil for him whilst letting Dirk go for £1mil would just seem crazy
4. He's simply not that good.

He tries things, and he never backs down.

I can count 1 player, maybe 2 on our current squad with those qualities. Not saying he'd fit the new system or that 4 million is good or bad value. But at least he doesn't hide.

I can understand the age, transfer fee and contract length argument. But, on ability, he would walk into our team.
Despite that, a part of me still hopes we're aiming higher.
But realistically, probably not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom