• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Wigan game thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blueshite have lost.

burns.gif

Lol@ Newcastle, and more specifically, Cunty Pardew.

Idon'tlikehimprettysureI'vementionedit.

Great 2nd half. Enrique stepped up and Suarez continues his great goalform.
Big big credit to Hendo who was very good when he came on. Allen aswell was much better today.

Excellent 2nd half. Really enjoyed that.

Excellent 2nd half. Beat Swansea and we'll go into the Spurs match with confidence.

Then a kind run of games in december. Onwards and upwards.

Not this time. Suarez has to be.
With him palying and scoring like this it must be him.
Enrique 2nd though.

Well I can't really argue with that. But Enrique is a very close 2nd.
Nice to see him back in good form. He was all over the pitch today.

For all Enriques faults, including playing shite for months on end and looking like hes gained about twenty pounds in weight, he was actually rather good when he first signed for us.... he has reasonable pace decent passing and is not bad defensively when he is on his game. The slagging he gets is understandable but to a certain degree i dont understand why people dont want him to play.... we know he can play well so let him play himself into form, our other options are we sell him on for peanuts because everyone knows we dont want him anymore.

He played well second half against Chelsea and made a very good contribution today.... hopefully a confidence boost for the lad

It was good to hear Reina on the TV during the game. Organising and even bollocking the defence at times.

Enrique seems to have struck up a bit of understanding with Suarez as well, which is good to see. He's gone from having a good start under Kenny to end last season on meh form, and then start in meh form under Rodgers and has played himself back into good form now. Let's hope he sticks to this level now. MOTM for me today.

Wigan is a good warm-up to the Swansea game next week; they'll press and pass like Wigan did in the first half, albeit with a far greater goal threat as we've seen in the Capital One Cup game. Can't go there to play only the second half or we could be chasing the game at the end of the first 45 minutes.

Started brightly but then it became nervy and frustrating.

Rodgers obviously gave a half-time rollicking because that was a rampant 2nd half performance. People can say 'ah it's only Wigan' but that's as classy a half of football i've seen at Anfield in a long, long time.

Rodgers has to take credit for having the balls to take an attacking player off in the first half and replacing him with a more disciplined one - most people around me where up in arms with the decision but ultimately it came off.

Suarez and Enrique came up with the goods in the second half, we all know the quality Suarez possesses but a word for Enrique - someone who we had all given up on a few weeks ago, hes been excellent these last few games - still frustrating at times but there's no denying he's made a big impact lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom