• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Wimbledon

Brilliant from Feds. It's just poetry in motion when he plays like that. Got to be favourite to beat Murray or Tsonga.

Great performance from Federer.

Murray, if he watched that, will be hoping he spent a great deal of energy & can't replicate that on Sunday.

If he's in that form he'll beat either Murray or tsonga.

He's still not physiologically strong enough imo, he should have beaten tsonga whilst he was playing badly, but he kept giving him a glimmer of hope.

He's still not physiologically strong enough imo, he should have beaten tsonga whilst he was playing badly, but he kept giving him a glimmer of hope.
Yeah, exactly. If he get's through this, I don't think he'll be able to do much against an in form Federer.

Well played Andy.

He needs either fed to have a shocker or be much tougher than that though, or he's beaten already.

Murray has an excellent chance if it stays dry Sunday.
Federer will murder him under the roof as he did to Novak today.

Yeah, agreed. This is where Ivan Lendl earns his money for me. I do like when the camera pans to Lendl who looks utterly unphased or untouched by anything he sees Murray do.

Well played Andy.

He needs either fed to have a shocker or be much tougher than that though, or he's beaten already.

I think you're being hard on Murray though. Tsonga has had a great tournament and nobody has got near his serve. Even when Tsonga picked it up Murray rarely let him have it easy. Murray has had a really tough route to the final (OK, he thankfully missed out on Nadal), but he has earned this final and has played some great tennis at times. Remember- head to head with Fed he is 8-7 to the good....

He shouldn't be afraid. I hope he isn't and goes for it.

Don't misunderstand me doc, I'm a massive Murray fan, I just struggle to watch that awesome talent in him with a spirit that so often makes him seem weak.

His face betrays him whenever he doubts his physicality, it gives him a mental weakness.

Federer has the exact opposite, especially in major finals. On talent alone Murray should currently win, & I hope he does.

Don't misunderstand me doc, I'm a massive Murray fan, I just struggle to watch that awesome talent in him with a spirit that so often makes him seem weak.

His face betrays him whenever he doubts his physicality, it gives him a mental weakness.

Federer has the exact opposite, especially in major finals. On talent alone Murray should currently win, & I hope he does.

On current form, perhaps (though the way Federer dealt with Djokovic makes me wonder even about that). On talent, I don't agree. For sheer ability Federer may well be the greatest tennis player ever. If he can bring all that quality to bear, Murray won't have an earthly.

I wrote current form, then rewrote it, cos Federer looked better in his semi than Andy in his.

However, as Federer prior to this tournament had looked poorer than Andy during the same run. Of course Federer is more talented but he's also much older, should Murray get over those frailties, relatively small as they are, he could beat him.

That said, Federer on what is essentially an indoor court, desperate to get that number one ranking back & his 17th grand slam should be able to best Murray.

I'm really, really looking forward to it. Just gutted they didn't move the f1 earlier & tennis later so fans of both (like me) didn't have to choose.

I'm really, really looking forward to it. Just gutted they didn't move the f1 earlier & tennis later so fans of both (like me) didn't have to choose.

I think I'm going to put the tennis on the tele and have the F1 on my laptop.

On a side note, F1 has been really exciting this year.

I think I'm going to put the tennis on the tele and have the F1 on my laptop.

On a side note, F1 has been really exciting this year.

Yeah, don't worry, I'll have the tennis on the projector with the f1 below it, problem being you can't watch f1 properly without a great deal of attention for pit stop strategies & tyre information & tennis isn't something you can't half watch either.

The f1 app for the ipad helps though, makes watching the f1 a joy cos you the information is all there & you can see the live map as if it was a game.

Pretty funny that both Marray and Frederik - the double winners from last night - are both Liverpool fans. Kenny saluted their victory on twitter.

With Marray being a scouser and all there were a good chance of course he was one, wasn't aware that Freddy also is a red mind.

Actually in Denmark we have two tennis players at the International scene, Freddy and Caroline, both dedicated Liverpool fans. I like.

5ea81df8-8554-3812.jpg

Sorted.

Looking at what Cliff Richard is wearing makes me want to see Federer win. A bit.

Back
Top Bottom