• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Wimbledon

If my mum seen that there would be a cry of 'open the curtains, it's like a bloody poor house in here'.

My wife says something similar.

She's been out of the house with kids under orders until 6 at the earliest though so it's ok.

She's just lucky I didn't end up getting the fully automated blackout system I was looking at last year.

Murray started brilliantly but small unforced errors at the most inopportune moments are costing him.

He needs to be at least a set up before the rain starts & the roof closes cos that'll give fed a boost.

Again Andy gives away a big few points instead of closing the game at 40-15 up.

Thankfully he wins that game, as much through Federer unforced errors as anything else.

Unforced errors

Murray 5
Federer 10

With that in mind Andy should have capitalised & be at least one break up.

Murrays serve left to right (feds backhand) is significantly bothering Federer but Andy isn't consistent enough getting first serve in on that side.

You have to look at the unforced errors alongside winners, though. Federer also has more winners, so it's much closer than that.

True. Andy focusing on Federer backhand a lot now, right call cos he's missed a few on the edge of the racquet which is unlike him, & when the forehand isn't used for a while Roger seems to be over hitting them slightly too when Andy switches it back.

This is about as close to an off game as Federer gets in a grand slam final.

Good stuff.

He needs to get the second set before (if?) the rain comes & roof closes.

He needs to get that first serve in more, those first two games it drove him, but it's deserted him since, at least with any consistency.

Dropping the second set might cost Murray the match.
You can't give Federer an inch.

Andys body language has changed during the last games. Much more negative and showing his irritation.

He lacks the last few percentages qualitywise to win this I think, unforced errors in games where he's got the advantage. And Federer winning game at 3-2 which in the end coyld decide the match.

May be this will bring Murray some luck.

The truth is Murray is not good enough. There are those who say he could have been champion in another era, but i cant think of a former slam winner with poorer second serve game, and major confidence issue like Murray.

If he cant get a lot of his firat serve in, he is in big trouble, and against tougher players his first serve always seems to desert him.

You've got the symptoms right, but it's the wrong diagnosis. Murray is winning pretty much the same percentage of points on his second serve as Federer is in this match. The main difference is that Federer is getting 70% of his first serves in, while Murray is only managing 58%. It's a stat that has troubled him throughout his career so far. Quite simply, he needs to make more of his first serves - he's way behind the top three in that respect.

Federer was too good for Murray today. I think those looking to criticise Murray should just acknowledge that he was beaten by one of the greats of the game. He started brilliantly, but ultimately couldn't live with Federer, particularly when the roof closed. He certainly didn't disgrace himself out there. He should take comfort from the fact that Lendl lost four grand slam finals before he won one. He's definitely moving in the right direction. Touching speech at the end as well. That won't do him any harm at all.

Federer was too good for Murray today. I think those looking to criticise Murray should just acknowledge that he was beaten by one of the greats of the game. He started brilliantly, but ultimately couldn't live with Federer, particularly when the roof closed. He certainly didn't disgrace himself out there. He should take comfort from the fact that Lendl lost four grand slam finals before he won one. He's definitely moving in the right direction. Touching speech at the end as well. That won't do him any harm at all.

Pretty much wrote what I was thinking.

What really bugs me about Murray is his continual moaning up to his entourage in the box. Stop fuckng whingeing and get on with it.

I've had a brilliant idea that's gonna make millions - I'm gonna release an aftershave that's pure essence of Andy Murray.

I just need to figure out a way to bottle it

Back
Top Bottom