• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Wimbledon

Well I got my wish.

Murray is only going to get better though and it's only a matter of time till he makes the final.

His best court is Hard court. He will win the American Open one day, i doubt he will ever win Wimbledon.

Murray choked.

Roddick will choke. Right after breaking his racket and screaming at the line official.

Federer will sob like a 3 year old whilst lifting the trophy whilst the commentator gushes about him being the greatest player in the history of zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..........................

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=34341.msg898528#msg898528 date=1246520061]
[quote author=Delinquent link=topic=34341.msg898519#msg898519 date=1246518942]
[quote author=Hardcastle link=topic=34341.msg898448#msg898448 date=1246489580]
I want a Rod-Fed final, I think he'd give Federer a better game than Murray could at this point.
[/quote]

Can't agree with that, Federer has something like a 15-2 record over Roddick, including 11 wins in a row. Murray has a winning record over Federer, with many of those wins coming this year. Him and a rejuvenated Haas are the only two players left in the draw who could give him a good game. I still think it's Federer's to lose though.
[/quote]

If only Nadal was in, then it would be his to lose ...

It kinda makes you wish he had had a 'rival' most of his career, like Sampras had Agassi etc.

As I said earlier, Federer was nailed on to win this the moment Nadal pulled out.
[/quote]

I don't agree with that at all. Federer is a different player since winning the French. Back to his glorious best, it seems. He's a master of this surface and on current form, I think he'd beat anyone.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=34341.msg899984#msg899984 date=1246664527]
His best court is Hard court. He will win the American Open one day, i doubt he will ever win Wimbledon.

[/quote]

I think he will go on to do so.

He is so much better on hard though.

TBH, had they not introduced those new balls this year he'd have stood a better chance, they slowed the game down.

[quote author=keniget link=topic=34341.msg900167#msg900167 date=1246708215]
I don't like Murray and am glad he lost.
[/quote]

x2.

[quote author=Squiggles link=topic=34341.msg893697#msg893697 date=1245779251]
So who's going to win it then?

All the sensible money's on Federer, surely.

Roddick may be worth a gamble too.
[/quote]

Mystic Squiggles

[quote author=keniget link=topic=34341.msg900167#msg900167 date=1246708215]
I don't like Murray and am glad he lost.
[/quote]
I don't really know what he's like - but he is British and this seemedas good an opportunity as we are going to get to get a man in the final. Choker!

[quote author=Delinquent link=topic=34341.msg900055#msg900055 date=1246693276]
[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=34341.msg898528#msg898528 date=1246520061]
[quote author=Delinquent link=topic=34341.msg898519#msg898519 date=1246518942]
[quote author=Hardcastle link=topic=34341.msg898448#msg898448 date=1246489580]
I want a Rod-Fed final, I think he'd give Federer a better game than Murray could at this point.
[/quote]

Can't agree with that, Federer has something like a 15-2 record over Roddick, including 11 wins in a row. Murray has a winning record over Federer, with many of those wins coming this year. Him and a rejuvenated Haas are the only two players left in the draw who could give him a good game. I still think it's Federer's to lose though.
[/quote]

If only Nadal was in, then it would be his to lose ...

It kinda makes you wish he had had a 'rival' most of his career, like Sampras had Agassi etc.

As I said earlier, Federer was nailed on to win this the moment Nadal pulled out.
[/quote]

I don't agree with that at all. Federer is a different player since winning the French. Back to his glorious best, it seems. He's a master of this surface and on current form, I think he'd beat anyone.
[/quote]

If you say so ole chap ... Nadal is a better player than Federer now - injuries are the only thing that can stop him 'pulling' a Roger as there's no one near him, bar Roger, in the game currently. Yes, not even Murray.

I was thinking about looking at Federer's grand slam wins, and seeing who is the 'best' PLAYER on that surface was at the time he was playing. I think that would tell us a lot about the 'era' he was so dominant in ...

Btw, congrats to him beating Sampras's record (which he will do today)

[quote author=Le Chacal link=topic=34341.msg900689#msg900689 date=1246804526]
Wow, 4 set points saved and wins the tie break 8-6
1 set all
[/quote]

He will win ... there is no doubt about it.

Roddick playing brilliantly.

His ground strokes have come on something incredible this year. His coach has given him an all round game to match his serving ability & power. Some achievement. Seeing him come in to the net is impressive cos he's only learnt that relatively recently.

Incredible mental strength too. He deserves this tournament.

Fifth set.

Fed's much easier run in (of his own making) may well help no end here as the lactic acid starts to reduce.

Lactic acid don't play no role in a Wimbledon final.

Determination, intense desire to win, fighting spirit compensates and replaces fatigue.

WHat I like about Roddick is he plays an attacking game.

He is not the most skillful player on the circuit but he makes it up with his powerful serves, attacking game, strong baseline shots and his fighting spirit.

He's always had that though. He's added a more refined ground game & learnt a few new skills such as (a slightly adapted) serve & volley game.

It's good to see.

We could be here a while.

Fairest way though, this type of tie break finish is so much fairer than a 'normal' tie-break.

Back
Top Bottom