• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

World Cup Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's actually quite odd that Saudi Arabia haven't got a better side.

Is it? Egypt is more than twice as big, and they only had about two half-decent players in their entire history before Salah.

Some countries are just always going to be shit at football.

The linesmen have been told not to flag anything that's close as VAR will deal with it. Which means the liner probably intentionally didn't put his flag up for that offside. Another reason VAR is utter shit.

It's lying, it just makes the picture horrifically vivid, the colours vile & the contrast is massively pushed up. It's basically a home version of that store setting they always have on in shops to make the picture stand out under fluorescent lighting.
From what I've seen it just changes the audio a bit so that the crowd volume is turned up and the commentary is quieter.

We got it after the last world cup, I remember it had the Brazilian world cup logo on the box. I'm sure they managed to fool a few punters into buying it with that.

I meant more due to their country's obsession with footy, huge financial reserves, & disdain for the value of lives, meaning they could have training camps for kids like the Russians in famously did for the Olympics.

Although obv the pool of potential trainees is much lower, which means your point is obv very valid.

I meant more due to their country's obsession with footy, huge financial reserves, & disdain for the value of lives, meaning they could have training camps for kids like the Russians in famously did for the Olympics.

Although obv the pool of potential trainees is much lower, which means your point is obv very valid.

Yeah, but what Russia did with athletics and doping regimes doesn't quite work the same for a sport like football. To develop and improve as a football nation, it's not enough just to import coaching talent, cunts like Clattenburg and semi-retired footballers to your sand-blasted hellhole theocracy, you have to export players and get them into European leagues, because that's where all the good players play.

Someone told me that the world cup is the biggest driver of new TV sales yesterday. Sounds about right.

Someone told me that the world cup is the biggest driver of new TV sales yesterday. Sounds about right.
Yep.

Has been for the last few that's for sure.

Always buy a TV after the world cup, not before. Preferably the year after as manufacturers rush out features to make their sets sound better in WC years.

Good goal that. Saudi are dreadful at defending though. Both defenders commiting when they shouldn't have.

2-0 Russia. There will be some beheadings in the Main Square in Riyadh after this, mark my words.

Bobby does that and our fans would cream for a month

Great technique and vision

That touch to lift the ball was utterly beautiful.
Like art.

Not bad at all this game

Considering we were expecting shite, there's some good interplay and build up
Yup enjoyed it.
Saudi predictably terrible but the russians have had some lovely moments.
That control for the second goal will be hard to beat this world cup

Fucking hell.
Whats happened to Clattenburg.

Hes aged about 15 years

rvl1yz942x311.jpg

That Gazinsky has been the best player on the park

My Fantasy Football guy has gone off.
Did fuck all.

I have Russia in the family sweep … unfortunately no payout for "club house leaders" at the end of Day 1

You had a Russian in there? Why?
Weirdly they have 2 games this round.
They play their second game in week one.
Smalov got me 2 points so far.
Even if he just plays game 2 thats 4 points.
One goal and hes got me 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom