• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Xabi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hansern

Thinks he owns the place
This isnt "new" news, but watching Mallorca-Real and it was mentioned that he apperantly rejected a 2 year extension to his contract as he wants to leave next summer.

Now, he'll be 31, but he's the kind of player that could go on untill he's Giggs/Scholes age.
I'd absolutly love it if we resigned him. 31 and with 1 year left on his contract, you'd think somewhere around 8-10 mill would seal it.

If he desides to leave I'm guessing loads of clubs would want him, but you feel that he has some unfinished business with us and would want a return.

Lets just hope our owners would spend 10 mill on a 31 year old. He'd improve our midfield like there is no tomorrow.

People forget how good Alonso is defensively. If there's one player in the world I'd want to play in a sitting role in a one deep-two advanced three man midfield, it'd be Xabi.

Our midfield needs someone with balls, those hairy things that denote authority and dominance.

Unfortunately most Premier League millionaires lack these vital attributes, why bother?

As long as the £200 000 a week enters the bank account for swanning about looking mildly interested , who really gives a fuck, right?

I mean fuck those fans, fuck em' dry and fuck em' good, at the end of the day I'll be on the golf course doing my thang.

Not as if it really matters, is it?

CUNTS

People forget how good Alonso is defensively. If there's one player in the world I'd want to play in a sitting role in a one deep-two advanced three man midfield, it'd be Xabi.
I think Allen is superb there.

I think Allen is superb there.
His 'battle' with Fellaini yesterday was quite interesting. He got nailed by him early in the second half and then seemed to man up a bit. I was quite impressed given the size difference between the two.

Anyway back to the original point - Having Xabi back would be amazing. If only......

This would make me a very happy boy. Very very happy boy. My favourite player of all time, can we please have him back?! Seriously, imagine a midfield with Xabi and Allen, passing or what.

Would take him over any 'non-attacking' midfielder in the world.
Whether he's sitting in front of the defenders or plays slightly further up, he'll be better than anyone around. The guy shines in Spain, and was one of the very best in the fast paced premier league as well.
Put him next to Lucas or Allen and we're laughing.

A non goalscoring midfielder. Just what we need.

N.B. By all means sign him, but lets get some goalscorers in the team first

Surprised you didn't say Melbourne FC. Fucking oo'ter.

1. There is no such team as Melbourne FC

2. Xabi is 5 years too young to play over here.

3. The correct term is Level 2 Armchair Fan. I've lodged an official complaint with the FA regarding your Geographist comments.

:)

Gerrard: I miss Xabi

Steven Gerrard has revealed Xabi Alonso would be the man he'd choose to bring back to Liverpool if he could re-sign any former Red.
On Tuesday, the now Real Madrid midfielder told Liverpoolfc.com of his admiration for the Anfield captain, insisting he could play in any team in world football.
Then, in a live Twitter chat with supporters host by his boot suppliers adidas at Melwood, Gerrard explained why Alonso is the player he'd love to see back at Liverpool and admitted he misses playing alongside him.
Here's a selection of the best question and answers from the chat...
gerrardxabi500.jpg
Q. What was the best moment of your LFC career so far? @zaman_lfc @Emma_LF
A. Istanbul, 2005

Q. When you retire will continue in football? @KatieCheg
A. I hope so, I'd like to stay involved in the club for a long time

Q. What position would you play yourself in if managing Liverpool on Football Manager? @ItsPaulJessop
A. Attacking Midfield!

Q. Who is the greatest striker you have played with in your opinion? @dannyei2000
A. Luis Suarez

Q. What is the best goal you have scored in a Liverpool shirt? @shahabudinqLFC @ThisKidEllio
A. FA Cup final vs. West Ham - it was the game, the timing and the importance

50956829.jpg
Q. Who's the best football player you've ever played against? @Ollyvanveen14 @kweekes1993 @_jamielfc
A. Zinedine Zidane - he had everything

Q. If you could bring any previous LFC player back to LFC, who would it be and why? @susanpscottA. Xabi Alonso - best midfielder I've played with, I miss playing with him
Q. What moment would you want to re-live? @PamelaGhag
A. Istanbul 2005, best night of my career

Q. What song do you listen to before matches? @Didi11146
A. I listen to lots of stuff, but Dakota by Stereophonics is my favourite

Q. What's the biggest thing to remember when following your dream? @Aamir_Kala
A. Give it your best everyday and stick to it, no regrets

Q. Would you rather play alongside Messi or Ronaldo, and why? @Aamir_Kala
A. I'd like to play alongside both! But if I had to pick, Messi - he's a genius

Q. When you first signed for Liverpool, what were your goals? Did you expect to come this far? @MHolland93
A. My goal was to establish myself in the team, I never expected to come this far!

It's amazing how young they both look.

Gerrard looks about a hundred years old with the weight of the world on his shoulders and Xabi is about to complete his metamorphosis into a caveman.

It's amazing how young they both look.

Gerrard looks about a hundred years old with the weight of the world on his shoulders and Xabi is about to complete his metamorphosis into a caveman.
Well, Xabi was 23 and Stevie 25. It's really been ages!

Also, Xabi today:

FORMER Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso believes Steven Gerrard will go down in history as one of football’s all-time legends.
The Spaniard has paid a warm tribute to his ex-Anfield team-mate, who clocked up his 600th appearance for the Reds in Sunday’s draw with Newcastle United.

Real Madrid star Alonso, who lined up alongside Gerrard between 2004 and 2009, says he has been inspired by the Liverpool captain’s achievements.

“He’ll absolutely be remembered as one of the greats,” said Alonso.

“For me he is already one of the greats. His name and Liverpool’s name will always be linked and he’s a great representative of the club and the city.
“There are so many things. He is so inspirational. In the key moments he has that different thing, that spark that is difficult to define.
“He has achieved great things and in very important moments he has been the man for Liverpool.
“We had great European nights and he was the main man. For me he’s a great player. Hopefully he will reach 700 games.”
Success on the international stage has eluded Gerrard, who is expected to win his 100th England cap against Sweden next week.

However, Alonso insists he has the class to walk into any team – including the dominant Spain side who followed up winning the World Cup by triumphing at Euro 2012.

“He could play in any national team in the world because he has so many great qualities,” Alonso added.
“He is flexible. He can play at the English pace or he can associate with the ball very well.
“He is a very intelligent player, so he could play anywhere – not just any national team but any club in the world. But he has been a one-club man and that’s something I really admire.”

Alonso developed a friendship with Gerrard during his time at Anfield, and three years after his return to Spain the pair remain close.
He said: “We are great friends and we still keep in touch. He was a great influence to me. When I arrived at Liverpool I was 22 and he was the captain, he was the main man at the club.

“For me he was a reference, the way he behaved with his team-mates and with the supporters as well. I learned a lot from him.
“As a captain he has embraced all the responsibilities of being a captain and he’s the perfect captain for Liverpool, not just because he’s a great player but because he represents the values of the club.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom