• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Xabi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can't believe we haven't picked up on the very controversial comments?

1. Best striker ever played with = Suarez. Not Fernando then?

2. More importantly - pre-match music = Stereophonics - not Phil Collins!!!!!!!!!!

I assume he's just trying to further build his relationship with Suarez - and Torres is long gone.

2. More importantly - pre-match music = Stereophonics - not Phil Collins!!!!!!!!!!

I don't really think there's any controversy there TBH. Torres is in one humdinger of a barren spell whereas Luis Suarez has never been less than dangerous to the opposition even when his finishing's been patchy.

Alonso contract stand-off at Real offers hope of Liverpool reunion for Gerrard

By PAUL COLLINS
PUBLISHED: 10:15, 7 November 2012 | UPDATED: 10:15, 7 November 2012
Steven Gerrard could get his wish to be reunited with Xabi Alonso after the Real Madrid midfielder cast doubt over his future.
Captain Gerrard revealed on Tuesday that the one former team-mate he would bring back to the club, given the chance, would be Alonso.

article-0-15AABA99000005DC-312_468x353.jpg

Considering his options: Real Madrid's midfielder Xabi Alonso (rght)

And Spain international Alonso, 30, is considering a return to the Premier League after a contract stand-off with Real, reports the Daily Mirror.
Alonso is keen to renew his current deal which runs until 2014 but the Spanish champions are unwilling to start talks until the summer.
Real Madrid are trying the same tactic with the likes of Angel Di Maria, Arbeloa and Raul Albiol.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2229169/Xabi-Alonso-contract-stand-offers-hope-Liverpool-reunion-Steven-Gerrard.html#ixzz2BX9rffRT
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I don't really think there's any controversy there TBH. Torres is in one humdinger of a barren spell whereas Luis Suarez has never been less than dangerous to the opposition even when his finishing's been patchy.

More controversial is him saying suarez is better than fowler.

I think that's arguable, on sheer talent alone he may be, but he hasn't proved it for a long enough or consistent enough period to have that accolade.

More controversial is him saying suarez is better than fowler.

I think that's arguable, on sheer talent alone he may be, but he hasn't proved it for a long enough or consistent enough period to have that accolade.
But Stevie never played with Fowler in his prime, so I doubt he's considering him for that reason alone.

The Suarez/Fowler thing depends on what you're comparing. Luis Suarez' all-round game is far better IMO, but for sheer goalscoring talent (as opposed to scoring consistency - Rushie gets the prize for that) Robbie's the best I've ever seen in a Liverpool shirt.

Much as I have misgivings over Gerrard as team captain he's a magnificent club captain and he knows who to choose in this instance to suit the needs of the here and now.

There's no way I'm buying into this.

I'm pretty sure I've read interviews of Alonso when he's said he wants to finish his career at Sociodad.let it go guys

Why on earth would a WC/EC/CL/SL/LC/FAC/SC/SC winner want to move back to Liverpool?

Never going to happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom