• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Zenit match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SummerOnions

Let's Push Things Forward
Administrator
Liverpool team in full: Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Carragher, Enrique, Allen, Henderson, Gerrard, Downing, Sterling, Suarez.
Subs: Jones, Coates, Lucas, Borini, Shelvey, Suso, Wisdom

3-1 to us.

I used to fear the worst in these games. But, much like it is for the players I suspect, these days it's just a slightly unpleasant anxiety. Nothing to worry about really.

first attack shows Gerrard doesn't have the legs to track back these days, he turned and made a token gesture of jogging a few metres

first attack shows Gerrard doesn't have the legs to track back these days, he turned and made a token gesture of jogging a few metres

Sorry. That's bollocks, he just doesn't chase after everything like an excited puppy any more, which is a good thing.

We're playing bullshit football. I don't want to watch this idiotic midfield do nothing all day. Going to bed.

His form has taken a knock recently. Would normally score in that position.

I'm happy skrtel and allen are getting a go. Bit miffed sterling is starting because i agree with macca tht he need a rest

This apparent compulsion some players have to play the ball back into danger areas instead of look to move forward is maddening. Allen's done it twice, Downing's done it once, so far.

His form has taken a knock recently. Would normally score in that position.

He's knackered. O think I've d since last season about a million times, without a few games off occasionally he can't hit the back of the net.

People should listen. Esp Rodgers, but he doesn't reply to my email. Perhaps I should include a picture of myself from a few years back to get his attention.

Sorry. That's bollocks, he just doesn't chase after everything like an excited puppy any more, which is a good thing.

Well it's not really because it's literally what he did, the play passed him and he thought fuck that. It wasn't actually a criticism it's just to highlight that he's obviously choosing at times not to waste his energy.

I thought constantly chasing everything like an excited puppy was a part of the new sexy Barca style where you constantly pressure the opposition.

He's knackered. O think I've d since last season about a million times, without a few games off occasionally he can't hit the back of the net.

People should listen. Esp Rodgers, but he doesn't reply to my email. Perhaps I should include a picture of myself from a few years back to get his attention.

If you send the one with you, Mark, Ryan etc...he'd be on it like neoprene !

Strange game so far, it seems more like the 70th minute than the 20th. Loads of gaping spaces.

Well it's not really because it's literally what he did, the play passed him and he thought fuck that. It wasn't actually a criticism it's just to highlight that he's obviously choosing at times not to waste his energy.

I thought constantly chasing everything like an excited puppy was a part of the new sexy Barca style where you constantly pressure the opposition.

It's not that he doesn't have the legs to track back, just that he can't do it all match so has to choose when.

It's a good thing, he often used to track back but then not be forward enough when you wanted him to be the last couple of years. Recognising his limitations & adapting to them are what we'll help prolong his career with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom