• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

4th isn't going to happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=Halmeister link=topic=47803.msg1441351#msg1441351 date=1323548797]
Houllier's achievements.

Anyway be arsed. Rafa is the best manager ever. You win.
[/quote]

i'm not ignorant of his achievements. i follow us closely, and i know his record pretty bloody well.

Backon topic, 4th is a realistic target. I honestly believe the second half of our season will be much better than the first. The two Mancs are shoe-ins and I think Spurs will grab 3rd. It's us, Chelsea or Arsenal for 4th and there's no reason why we shouldn't do it.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=47803.msg1441355#msg1441355 date=1323548910]
you should be ashamed of yourself Peter
[/quote]

why do people keep saying this to me? makes no sense: i'm bloody great.

[quote author=Fabio link=topic=47803.msg1441352#msg1441352 date=1323548802]
This thread STILL is going ??
[/quote]

It needs to get back on its original topic.

Sooooooooooo.... no. I don't think we'll finish 4th, but there's reasons for optimism. As the King himself and I like to point out we've only been second best once this season. If we had a clinical finisher we'd be right up there.

PETER! THE MESSIAH IS ON SKY SPORTS ONE RIGHT NOW!!!

oh, brilliant. thanks for that.

still waiting to hear how i'm ignorant of GH's record, though.

oh, btw, speaking of Sky's spanish football coverage, i saw Mark Bolton on the tube the other night. i kept trying to make eye contact to see if he looks as unhinged in real life, but he was obviously keeping his head down. not surprising given that he could probably feel me staring at him like an idiot.

You don't think he did a good job. That's ignorant, and I bet every other Liverpool fan on here would disagree with you.

Anyway this thread has been skullfucked in the eyesocket, so I'm not getting involved with you on Benitez anymore. The fact that nearly everybody disagrees with you should give you a heads up.

[quote author=peterhague link=topic=47803.msg1441363#msg1441363 date=1323549718]
oh, brilliant. thanks for that.

still waiting to hear how i'm ignorant of GH's record, though.
[/quote]You have no idea how many games we won under Houllier when we scored via a header in the last 25 minutes.
Loser.

[quote author=Halmeister link=topic=47803.msg1441366#msg1441366 date=1323549920]
You don't think he did a good job. That's ignorant, and I bet every other Liverpool fan on here would disagree with you.

Anyway this thread has been skullfucked in the eyesocket, so I'm not getting involved with you on Benitez anymore. The fact that nearly everybody disagrees with you should give you a heads up.
[/quote]

not the ones who own a dictionary. and it's only on here that my opinions on RB are towards the extreme, and seeing as i've always despised the general stance of this site then i'll take that as more vindication than than anything else.

[quote author=peterhague link=topic=47803.msg1441354#msg1441354 date=1323548878]
[quote author=Halmeister link=topic=47803.msg1441351#msg1441351 date=1323548797]
Houllier's achievements.

[/quote]

i'm not ignorant of his achievements. i follow us closely, and i know his record pretty bloody well.
[/quote] Apart from thinking he only won 3 decent trophies when it was 4. Unless you don't class the UEFA or FA cups as decent or you forgot about one of the league cups Peter.

[quote author=Sheik Yerbouti link=topic=47803.msg1441371#msg1441371 date=1323550173]
[quote author=peterhague link=topic=47803.msg1441354#msg1441354 date=1323548878]
Houllier's achievements.

[/quote]

[/quote] Apart from thinking he only won 3 decent trophies when it was 4. Unless you don't class the UEFA or FA cups as decent or you forgot about one of the league cups Peter.
[/quote]

oy vey, read the posts again. Hal mentioned the '5 trophies in x months' as an achievement (UC, FAC, LC, Shield, ESC). i said it was 3, cos i don't give a toss about the last 2. nothing more to it, if you disagree then fine.

So if he's not a good manager how did he win those trophies? Can you fluke a trophy?

i didn't say he's not a good manager. i said not particularly good. subtle difference.

he's decent. a competent manager. but in the top class? nope. not for me.

[quote author=Asbo link=topic=47803.msg1441377#msg1441377 date=1323550606]
He was referring to 2001 though Shiek ......
[/quote] Ah right. Apologies Peter.

Nobody said he's top class. What everybody is disagreeing with you about is your dismissal of his achievements. It's outrageous to dismiss it. Particularly when he did a job comparable to that of your poster boy, Benitez.

Forget it. The thread is being skullfucked in the other eyesocket now.

[quote author=Sheik Yerbouti link=topic=47803.msg1441382#msg1441382 date=1323550853]
[quote author=Asbo link=topic=47803.msg1441377#msg1441377 date=1323550606]
He was referring to 2001 though Shiek ......
[/quote] Ah right. Apologies Peter.
[/quote]

no worries mate.

For fucks sake...

Peter is allowed to think houllier was overrated in the same way ross thinks rafa is.

End of the discussion

We won't get fourth unless we but another striker . We can cope in midfield, but we need someone else who can find the net more regularly.

If we sort that in jan (maybe another winger too, or at least a playmaker) we will have more of a chance

[quote author=Fabio link=topic=47803.msg1441402#msg1441402 date=1323552164]
We won't get fourth unless we but another striker . We can cope in midfield, but we need someone else who can find the net more regularly.

If we sort that in jan (maybe another winger too, or at least a playmaker) we will have more of a chance
[/quote]

I think it's just a goalscorer we need, Fabio. I said in another thread about Bent. He's shit, and I feel dirty for suggesting him, but he scores goals. That's the only thing missing from our game, we create enough and defend well.

That said, I think the damage has been done, and unless the penny drops, we'll still squander chances.

[quote author=Kenny4PM link=topic=47803.msg1441414#msg1441414 date=1323552677]
If GED was our manager now, i don't think we'd get 4th.
[/quote]

Yeah. I think Kenny's doing close to the best possible job to be honest. The team's creating enough chances, the only downfall is putting them away. Every other aspect of the team is quite good.

Re: Re: 4th isn't going to happen

[quote author=Halmeister link=topic=47803.msg1#msg1 date=1323552585]
[quote author=Fabio link=topic=47803.msg1441402#msg1441402 date=1323552164]

[/quote]

I think it's just a goalscorer we need, Fabio. I said in another thread about Bent. He's shit, and I feel dirty for suggesting him, but he scores goals. That's the only thing missing from our game, we create enough and defend well.

That said, I think the damage has been done, and unless the penny drops, we'll still squander chances.
[/quote]

I love bent, I wanted him instead of torres. I love strikers who make scoring seem effortless. i despise that hernandez but by fuck I love his vision.

having another playmaker would see us through times where suarez is injured or suspended .

even if its a cheap gamble on an older player, it gives us options, which is something we've lacked for years

yeah, i agree that all we really need is a goalscorer and more and better creative options. that's why watching the game today was so frustrating: i don't agree with Ryan D'Spair, i actually thought we played great and used our possession well, but same old story of a lack of finishing. but that's WHY it's just so annoying: basically we played today like we did in the second half of last season, good, quick, attacking, exciting football. so WHY oh WHY did we spend so much on basically retrograde players?!

i just find it maddening.

He's a good finisher and he's always in the right place, but the rest of his game is poor. But I suppose that's all we need him for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom