• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

75 questions from Footy365 for 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeTallecWiz

Doos
Honorary Member
The Premier League

1) After losing to which team did Roberto Mancini declare the league over in April?

2) Which team were the first to be relegated from the Premier League in 2011/12?

3) Who scored the winner for City in the second Manchester derby of last season?

4) And apart from Agueerroooooooooooooooo, who scored City's other goals in their final day win over QPR?

5) Which team were relegated on the final day?

6) Who beat City on New Year's Day 2012?

7) Who won the PFA Young Player of the Year?

8) Who finished the highest of the three promoted clubs last season?

9) Who did Manchester United lose to in their first game of this season?

10) How many current Premier League sides were in the first Premier League (or, if you prefer, when football was invented) in 1992/93?

The Cups

11) Who missed the penalty for Cardiff that won Liverpool the Carling Cup?

12) Which Liverpool player scored in both the final and semi-final of the FA Cup?

13) Name the Cypriot team that made the quarter-finals of the Champions League, only to be mullered by Real Madrid?

14) Which Barcelona player did John Terry knee in the back in their Champions League semi-final?

15) Who was the only player to miss a penalty for Chelsea in the Champions League final shootout?

16) Which two Spanish clubs contested the Europa League final?

17) Who won the Johnstone's Paint Trophy?

18) Who beat Celtic in the Scottish cup semi-final then went on to win the final?

19) Barcelona won the Copa del Rey this year - how many times have they won it now (three either way for half a point)?

20) Who won the Copa Sudamericana?

The Football League

21) Name the winners of the Championship, League One and League Two

22) And the three playoff winners?

23) Who are the Al-Hasawis?

24) Where is Steve Coppell currently employed?

25) Which manager described one of his own players as 'the worst professional I've ever seen' after substituting him 21 minutes into a game against Preston?

26) As of the end of 2012, who is the longest serving manager in the Championship?

27) Why were Cardiff owners Vincent Tan and Chan Tien Ghee unpopular in the summer?

28) Which striker did Blackburn buy from the Premier League in July, only for him to knack his cruciate ligaments before being able to play a game?

29) Why was Mark McCammon in court this year?

30) Who is currently Portsmouth caretaker manager?

Transfers

31) Three players arrived at Premier League clubs on loan from MLS sides in January - can you name them?

32) Which two 'veteran' players did Spurs sign on deadline day in January?

33) To which side did Chelsea sell Alex?

34) Who was Manchester United's only signing of the January window?

35) Which Portuguese player did Spurs narrowly fail to sign on deadline day in August?

36) Which two clubs signed players called Mousa Dembele in the summer?

37) Who did Liverpool sign winger Oussama Assaidi from?

38) Which player went the other way in Manchester City's deal to sign Matija Nastasic from Fiorentina?

39) Name the striker signed by Manchester United from Universidad de Chile.

40) Name the three Champions League winners QPR signed in the summer.

Euro 2012

41) Who scored the first goal of the tournament?

42) Which two teams lost all three of their group games?

43) "I don't give a sh*t. I'm going on holiday." Who said that after his nation's elimination from the tournament was confirmed?

44) Which player scored Spain's two goals in their quarter-final against France?

45) Which two England players missed penalties in the shoot-out against Italy?

46) Six players finished joint-top scorer of the competition with three each - name as many as you can.

47) How much was Nicklas Bendtner fined for his famous gambling pants?

48) And who was Nicky celebrating scoring against?

49) Name all four of Spain's goalscorers in the final.

50) Who or what was 'Oceana'?

Europe

51) Who is the Internazionale manager?

52) Which Spanish team received a huge number of donations from fans around the world after they nearly went out of business?

53) Name the former Portsmouth player who won Ligue 1 with Montpellier.

54) Name the Polish trio so instrumental in Borussia Dortmund's second successive Bundesliga title win.

55) How many Eredivisie titles have current champions Ajax now won (we'll give you two either way)?

The World

56) Who won the Africa Nations Cup for the first time in their history?

57) In which competition was goalline technology trialled?

58) Who won the gold in both men's and women's football at the Olympics?

59) Who announced he would be leaving Boca Juniors after they lost the Copa Libertadores final?

60) Name the Chinese club that Didier Drogba and Nicolas Anelka currently play for?

Managers

61) Name the first Premier League manager to be sacked in 2012, whose successor has subsequently been dismissed.

62) Can you name the Dubai-based club who dismissed Diego Maradona as manager in July?

63) Which manager was caught on tape bad-mouthing his predecessor while in a 'refreshed' state?

64) Four current Premier League managers used to be assistants at other current Premier League clubs - name them.

65) 12 of the Premier League's 20 teams have the same manager (at the time of writing) as they did at the start of 2012 - how many can you name?

Quotes - Match the player with the words

66) "I try" - in response to the question "I understand you're a footballer?"

67) "Let's go outside and have a man conversation."

68) "When I score, I don't celebrate because it's my job. When a postman delivers letters, does he celebrate?"

69) "It's true that I don't know much about the players in Ligue 1 but for sure, they know who I am."

70) "If we got that number of penalty kicks there would be an enquiry in the House of Commons."

Twitter - Match the player with the hastag

71) '#lovedmytime'

72) '#headsgone'

73) '#bunchoftw*ts'

74) '#ghettojuice

75) '#yourf*ckingnuts'

11) Who missed the penalty for Cardiff that won Liverpool the Carling Cup? Anthony Gerrard

33) To which side did Chelsea sell Alex? was it PSG

68) "When I score, I don't celebrate because it's my job. When a postman delivers letters, does he celebrate?"

Mad Mario!

Everton

40) Name the three Champions League winners QPR signed in the summer.

Park, Bosingwa and Cisse

69) "It's true that I don't know much about the players in Ligue 1 but for sure, they know who I am."

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

16) Which two Spanish clubs contested the Europa League final?
- Athletico Madrid vs Athletic Bilbao

27) Why were Cardiff owners Vincent Tan and Chan Tien Ghee unpopular in the summer?
- Changing Cardiff kit colours from blue to red

35) Which Portuguese player did Spurs narrowly fail to sign on deadline day in August?
- Joao Moutinho; and thank goodness it failed to happen

37) Who did Liverpool sign winger Oussama Assaidi from?
- SC Heerenveen

52) Which Spanish team received a huge number of donations from fans around the world after they nearly went out of business?
- Real Oviedo

60) Name the Chinese club that Didier Drogba and Nicolas Anelka currently play for?
- Shanghai Shenhua

65) 12 of the Premier League's 20 teams have the same manager (at the time of writing) as they did at the start of 2012 - how many can you name?
- Man U (Ferguson), Man C (Mancini), Arsenal (Wenger), Everton (Moyes), Stoke (Pulis), Wigan (Martinez)
- Newcastle (Pardew), Sunderland (O'Neil), Fulham (Jol), West Ham (Allardyce), Reading (McDermott), Southampton (Adkins)
- clubs which changed managers: Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool, West Brom, Swansea, Norwich, QPR, Aston Villa

70) "If we got that number of penalty kicks there would be an enquiry in the House of Commons."
- Ferguson, on penalties awarded to City

1) After losing to which team did Roberto Mancini
declare the league over in April? Swansea
2) Which team were the first to be relegated from the
Premier League in 2011/12? Wolves
3) Who scored the winner for City in the second
Manchester derby of last season? Vincent Kompany
4) And apart from Agueerroooooooooooooooo, who scored
City's other goals in their final day win over QPR? Edin Dzeko & Joleon Lescott
5) Which team were relegated on the final day? Blackburn Rovers
8) Who finished the highest of the three promoted clubs
last season? Swansea
9) Who did Manchester United lose to in their first
game of this season? Everton
10) How many current Premier League sides were in the
first Premier League (or, if you prefer, when football was
invented) in 1992/93? 9

The Cups
11) Who missed the penalty for Cardiff that won
Liverpool the Carling Cup? Anthony Gerrard
12) Which Liverpool player scored in both the final and
semi-final of the FA Cup? Andy Carroll
13) Name the Cypriot team that made the quarter-
finals of the Champions League, only to be mullered
by Real Madrid?
14) Which Barcelona player did John Terry knee in the back
in their Champions League semi-final? Alexis Sanchez
15) Who was the only player to miss a penalty for
Chelsea in the Champions League final shootout? Juan Mata
16) Which two Spanish clubs contested the Europa League
final? Atletico Madrid & Athletic Bilbao

The Premier League

1) After losing to which team did Roberto Mancini declare the league over in April?
Arsenal
2) Which team were the first to be relegated from the Premier League in 2011/12?
Wolves
3) Who scored the winner for City in the second Manchester derby of last season?
Kompany
4) And apart from Agueerroooooooooooooooo, who scored City's other goals in their final day win over QPR?
Zabaleta and Dzeko
5) Which team were relegated on the final day?
Bolton
6) Who beat City on New Year's Day 2012?
Sunderland?
8) Who finished the highest of the three promoted clubs last season?
Swansea
Everton

The Cups

11) Who missed the penalty for Cardiff that won Liverpool the Carling Cup?
Anthony Gerrard
12) Which Liverpool player scored in both the final and semi-final of the FA Cup?
Carroll
13) Name the Cypriot team that made the quarter-finals of the Champions League, only to be mullered by Real Madrid?
Apoel Nicosia
14) Which Barcelona player did John Terry knee in the back in their Champions League semi-final?
Alexis Sanchez

The Football League

21) Name the winners of the Championship, League One and League Two
Southampton, Charlton, Swindon I think

23) Who are the Al-Hasawis?
Nottingham Forest's new owners

25) Which manager described one of his own players as 'the worst professional I've ever seen' after substituting him 21 minutes into a game against Preston?
Di Canio

28) Which striker did Blackburn buy from the Premier League in July, only for him to knack his cruciate ligaments before being able to play a game?
Leon Best

Transfers

31) Three players arrived at Premier League clubs on loan from MLS sides in January - can you name them?
Landon Donovan, Henry, Robbie Keane
32) Which two 'veteran' players did Spurs sign on deadline day in January?
Ryan Nelson and Louis Saha

36) Which two clubs signed players called Mousa Dembele in the summer?
Fulham and Spurs

38) Which player went the other way in Manchester City's deal to sign Matija Nastasic from Fiorentina?
Savic

Euro 2012

41) Who scored the first goal of the tournament?
Lewandowski
42) Which two teams lost all three of their group games?
Ireland and Netherlands

44) Which player scored Spain's two goals in their quarter-final against France?
Xabi Alonso
45) Which two England players missed penalties in the shoot-out against Italy?
Cashley and Young
46) Six players finished joint-top scorer of the competition with three each - name as many as you can.
Torres, Gomez, Balotelli,

49) Name all four of Spain's goalscorers in the final.

Europe

51) Who is the Internazionale manager?
Andrea Stramachioni (sp?)

53) Name the former Portsmouth player who won Ligue 1 with Montpellier.
Utaka

The World

57) In which competition was goalline technology trialled?
Club World Championship

59) Who announced he would be leaving Boca Juniors after they lost the Copa Libertadores final?
Riquelme

Managers
63) Which manager was caught on tape bad-mouthing his predecessor while in a 'refreshed' state?
Steve Kean

Quotes - Match the player with the words

66) "I try" - in response to the question "I understand you're a footballer?"
Fabrice Muamba

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom