• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are people really taking twitter rumours as anything more than that?

Anyway the purpose of creating this forum was to give members the freedom to use judgement and post whatever the fuck they want. We have stayed true to that as far as expletives and naked pictures are involved, but when it comes to difference in opinion its a ddifferent story.

Maybe it's because I'm an old(ish) fart but I just don't get the aggression re. Twitter Feeds. Maybe it's because I don't use it, maybe it's because when Poster X posts a twitter feed up it is either immediately trashed as an unreliable source .. and so dies a quick death, or it's considered a reliable source and the subject is then debated. Same goes for newspapers or websites, no difference.

Twitter is a symptom not the cause.

Oh and I don't feel the threads are too few either. Going on RedCafe now and again, which is the largest fan site on the internet, I don't see substantially more threads than here. I do see a lot more threads locked because they are repetitions or just based on bullshit twitter feeds ...... oops !

Also, with all due respect, blaming Rosco being insufferable of late, entirely on twitter is hiding a lot of issues under the carpet.

Its not as if Rosco would have been a pleasent poster to read or all the repetitive off topic bickering in almost every thread will disappear if we ban posting twitter feeds.

The issue is something else, you are all barking up the wrong tree.

1) Ross started nicely/authoritatively, but was ignored, so he went full on "get to fuck" mode.
2) none of us want a twitter ban, as has been maintained all along, and @Ryan is right as to what our viewpoint is. No one tweets banned on here, we just want people to show SOME common sense, which at times there really seems to be a lack of.

3) everyone saying it's our job. It's not. We're trying to initiate something to try and improve the site and dwindling members by suggesting things that you, the poster, can do. We can't police every single post on every single thread as we all have lives of our own. We don't have the manpower to do the suggestion of moving tweets, and I'm not a fan of creating another 2/3 mini mods when all we want is people to use common sense.

4) the repetitive off topic negative posting should be with disdain and ignored. If it's an occasional negativity, question it, probe it, discuss it.

5) I'm not idiotic to think that removing tweets stops bickering, however it's a cause of one aspect of bickering so I fail to see why exactly it's a problem for people to use common sense. Surely if you can copy and paste, you can use a bit of judgement (glock aside)

None of us are trying to change anything that will ruin the site. Granted, methodology might be a teensie bit harsh in some circumstances, but that only due to being perpetually ignored on the issue for 2 years.

Also, with all due respect, blaming Rosco being insufferable of late, entirely on twitter is hiding a lot of issues under the carpet.

Its not as if Rosco would have been a pleasent poster to read or all the repetitive off topic bickering in almost every thread will disappear if we ban posting twitter feeds.

The issue is something else, you are all barking up the wrong tree.

What is it then?

1) Ross started nicely/authoritatively, but was ignored, so he went full on "get to fuck" mode.
2) none of us want a twitter ban, as has been maintained all along, and @Ryan is right as to what our viewpoint is. No one tweets banned on here, we just want people to show SOME common sense, which at times there really seems to be a lack of.

3) everyone saying it's our job. It's not. We're trying to initiate something to try and improve the site and dwindling members by suggesting things that you, the poster, can do. We can't police every single post on every single thread as we all have lives of our own. We don't have the manpower to do the suggestion of moving tweets, and I'm not a fan of creating another 2/3 mini mods when all we want is people to use common sense.

4) the repetitive off topic negative posting should be with disdain and ignored. If it's an occasional negativity, question it, probe it, discuss it.

5) I'm not idiotic to think that removing tweets stops bickering, however it's a cause of one aspect of bickering so I fail to see why exactly it's a problem for people to use common sense. Surely if you can copy and paste, you can use a bit of judgement (glock aside)

None of us are trying to change anything that will ruin the site. Granted, methodology might be a teensie bit harsh in some circumstances, but that only due to being perpetually ignored on the issue for 2 years.

What do you mean by "dwindling numbers" Fab?

I don't see why you don't just tell one of your main posters and staff members to stop bitching whenever a tweet is posted.

That would pretty much solve this issue entirely.

That's been a stated problem for years and I think the solution is only solved by action outside of the forum.

Do you guys currently do anything to attract new members? Like try and boost ranking on Google etc.

Less new posters, more established ones posting less. We don't want a massive upturn in members, but we'd like a few more

See, I never got this debate. We've got what, 1500 odd posters? About 200 of those post regularly, and that's the way it's always been. Of course people leave, and post less - but that's not a new thing, it's always happened.

Unless you can point to a wealth of great posters who've decided to up and go recently?

That's been a stated problem for years and I think the solution is only solved by action outside of the forum.

Do you guys currently do anything to attract new members? Like try and boost ranking on Google etc.

And why the fuck would we want a whole heap of new members? Do we want to be RAWK? Maybe I'm alone with this, but I like the fact that we've got a core of 150-odd posters who post regularly. It's what keeps me coming back, not reading through the drivel of a whole heap of new shite just for the sake of bumping numbers up.

See, I never got this debate. We've got what, 1500 odd posters? About 200 of those post regularly, and that's the way it's always been. Of course people leave, and post less - but that's not a new thing, it's always happened.

Unless you can point to a wealth of great posters who've decided to up and go recently?
We have 200 regular posters, sure, but they're now posting irregularly.

Always seems to be the same core of 20-30 posters posting.

Perhaps we're not creating threads is because we're all like minded individuals and tend to agree on the same main issues. Anyone who doesn't is seen as trolling.

Twitter could have is uses, it needs to be used properly for this site if we want to attract new users..

We need a user with many followers to start advertising content with the relevant hashtags..

FWIW, I will stop arguing with Modo, but it's a two way street, he needs to stop goading people in threads, which I believe he has agreed to do. I do like Modo btw, his daft persona does my head in at times and I'm stupid enough to allow myself to reeled in, same with Ryan, but I respect both lads when they post normal stuff because they make good contributions to the site. I think that's what I get frustrated with, the fact that both can go for a few days posting good, interesting points and then go off on one.

So yeah, I'll try to stop taking it so seriously and peace and love to anyone I've fucked off in the process. The fact Fabs, ILD and FFF have all pointed it out (which feels like being told by a mate that you're being a dickhead) is enough to make me take a Sunny-esque scenic route of the site.

We have 200 regular posters, sure, but they're now posting irregularly.

Always seems to be the same core of 20-30 posters posting.

Perhaps we're not creating threads is because we're all like minded individuals and tend to agree on the same main issues. Anyone who doesn't is seen as trolling.

I think you're overplaying this Fabs.

The only few references to trolling I read on this site usually hit the mark.

This site (the only forum I've posted on) is the antithesis of RAWK etc - that's the colourful charm of the place (inclusive of the banter and strops). is the drop off not a part of a wider shift in forums at large as social media eats into previous time spent posting on forums?

erm........ he just does, ok!

Seriously though, I enjoy his stuff about reserve teams and up and coming foreign players and he did post those MOTD links all through last season.

I think you're overplaying this Fabs.

The only few references to trolling I read on this site usually hit the mark.

This site (the only forum I've posted on) is the antithesis of RAWK etc - that's the colourful charm of the place (inclusive of the banter and strops). is the drop off not a part of a wider shift in forums at large as social media eats into previous time spent posting on forums?

Yeah, there's a similar level of vitriol on RAWK, but it's usually tribal stuff where everyone seems to gang up on (and then boot) anyone who doesn't go with the grain - usually hate Carragher, love Lucas.

Yeah Modo is great at posting links to MOTD feeds.

He's the best on here at those types of posts.

Yeah the best way to get people on here is to use twitter.

I'd say @Woland should do it but he might bring in the dark corners of the internet just to post rancid gifs

Just set up a 6CM twitter account. Anybody on here who uses twitter can follow it and retweet anything interesting on it.

Who would have thought that twitter was the answer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom