• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeTallecWiz

Doos
Honorary Member
I'd love this player on our team ... Imagine picking 3 from Suarez, Lambert, Studge, Sterling & Sanchez every week? Fucking hell ...

[article=http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/barca-rechazado-tres-ofertas-importantes-por-alexis-sanchez-3287586][Catalan paper] Sport have revealed that Barcelona have so far this summer already received three serious bids for Alexis Sanchez, from Liverpool, Manchester United and PSG.[/article]

You could always call him Rickie "Slam!"bert if you rate him. Or "RiSkie" Lambert, if you're unsure about the deal.

2e5uguva.jpg

If the new cliché is L.
We will have Lualez, Ltullidge, Ltelling etc.
Then the franchise will be sold to the Japanese.

LOL

So they don't pronounce the letter "L" as an "R" like you guys then? 😉
Chinese has problem with R while Japanese has problem with L. They tend to say R when it is L and we tend to say L when it is R. Confused?
I am :l

@Y1 keep the S' man.
Kollosal Toure is by far my favourite.

Inspired. Can't wait to see what you do with Ibe.

Chinese has problem with R while Japanese has problem with L. They tend to say R when it is L and we tend to say L when it is R. Confused?
I am :l
I'm not - In Japanese there is no 'L' sound in their language. I know because I can speak a bit. It's phonetic to run with the vowels. As in Ka, Ke, Ku, Ke, Ko.

A similar comparison would the Welsh use of the 'LL' with is a very strange sound indeed and doesn't exist in English.

Happy to help 🙂

Reactions: Y1
The Chinese do not have the R sound. Each sound has 5 tones too like the Japanese which has very similar characters.

I'd love this player on our team ... Imagine picking 3 from Suarez, Lambert, Studge, Sterling & Sanchez every week? Fucking hell ...

[article=http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/barca-rechazado-tres-ofertas-importantes-por-alexis-sanchez-3287586][Catalan paper] Sport have revealed that Barcelona have so far this summer already received three serious bids for Alexis Sanchez, from Liverpool, Manchester United and PSG.[/article]

Both PSG and Man Utd will bid bigger than us.

I'm not - In Japanese there is no 'L' sound in their language. I know because I can speak a bit. It's phonetic to run with the vowels. As in Ka, Ke, Ku, Ke, Ko.

A similar comparison would the Welsh use of the 'LL' with is a very strange sound indeed and doesn't exist in English.

Happy to help 🙂

The Chinese do not have the R sound. Each sound has 5 tones too like the Japanese which has very similar characters.

Not sure if I'm being whooshed, but the above isn't quite right, if I'm not being whooshed, that is. 😉

The Romanji form of Japanese uses the character "r" but the actual pronunciation for that is actually "l". So, while @Red Astaire is right that there is no "l" sound by itself, the forms "ra, ri, ru, re, ro" are pronounced "la, li, lu, le, lo". Hence, "ramen" is actually pronounced as "Lamen".

As for the Chinese, there is indeed the "r" sound, at least in Mandarin. Some of the Chinese dialects indeed do not have the "r" sound, so speakers of these dialects could mix the "r" and "l" sounds up. In Singapore, there's also this curious habit among some to intentionally convert "l" to "r", just for the fun of it I guess, or because they've heard in the past some older folks mixing up their "l"s and "r"s. For example, "blame" is "brame", "complain" is "comprain". 😉

Ramen to Japanese becomes Lamen in Chinese.

I am not whooshing but maybe over generalised because there are numerous Chinese dialects.

Yep I lived in Japan for 4 years and taught English there. No Japanese could pronounce 'L' - My name is Lewy but I would ALWAYS get called Rewy or when spelt was Rui (Which I rather liked 🙂)

@studsup - Nihon go wa hanese e masu ka?

There is an R but there is no V definitely. The sound doesn't exist. It's always replaced by a W or F

Yep I lived in Japan for 4 years and taught English there. No Japanese could pronounce 'L' - My name is Lewy but I would ALWAYS get called Rewy or when spelt was Rui (Which I rather liked 🙂)

Eh... I think the answer for me should be "Ie... Gomenasai, nihon go ga wakarimasen". Something like that. 😀

Ha, actually I speak little Japanese though I've made some effort to learn to read the Hiragana and Katakana (Kanji's not much of a problem usually, with me being Chinese). I've a good friend who is Japanese, and so I picked up some lessons/tips from her years ago (rote learning actually). Why this "R/L" issue stuck with me is because her name is "Rie" and she pointed out that her senior (our colleague) kept calling her "Rie" with a "R" instead of pronouncing the "R" with a "L", which is the correct way (she taught Japanese in Singapore, and is a native speaker - who am I to quarrel about that? LOL).

I wonder if it's gotta do with the region from where they're from, because I've always learned / observed that the situation was opposite to what you mentioned, i.e. they will spell with a "R" but read it as a "L", whereas you're saying they can't pronounce "L" but can do "R". Interesting!

I thought Mandarin (or rather Putonghua) has 4 tones, whereas Cantonese (Guangdonghua) has about 9?

Bai hua or Cantonese guandonghua has many shades of tones. At least 9 as spoken in Hong Kong. Ah yes I have difficulty calling my boss wife Valerie. Verily verily I am wary. 🙂

Well there's my teaching career in Japan fucked

I thought Mandarin (or rather Putonghua) has 4 tones, whereas Cantonese (Guangdonghua) has about 9?

There is one 'unofficial' tone if you like, where none of the actual 4 tones are used it is usually the second syllable of a word or exceptional in other circumstances. In 99% of cases just the 4 tones though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom