• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Anfield Redevelopment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went on to the Offal site to get the authentic story. I clicked on the headline "Ian Ayre Reveals Stadium Plan." The contents was a lot of waffle in the course of which Ian Ayre reveals absolutely nothing about the stadium plan! :D

He didnt want to risk being hunted down by Chang.....

I thought that was n incredibly insightful piece,

When would you hope we could possibly play our first game inside a newly redeveloped Anfield?
I think we would all hope to do it as soon as possible

Fuck me

"we have a very good handle on what our sweet-spot in terms of capacity is, and again the ultimate solution will be driven by the economics of it." Do speak normally, Ayre, you big tit.

Let's release a statement full of nothing in the hope all the other shit that's happening with my knobhead Director of Communications goes away.

Apart from he doesn't know when, how many seats and how much it will cost.

Im cool with caution .... God knows he'll have all kinds of unhinged whoppers posting flaming dogshit through his letterbox and threatening his kids if he said something that never came to be.

Well it's "confirmation" of "plans" of some form of other. Or, in other words, nothing to report yet.....

Not everyone knew this was happening. But finally a decision has been made. Thank Christ, now lets get moving.

I'm chuffed to bits that we're staying at home. Upgrading is most welcome. At least it will enable us to compete at the very least without falling further behind.

Read this in the comments section of the Guardian blog from someone and pissed myself...

I can see the Being Liverpool agit-prop documentary covering this. Que Clive Owen:

"A new glorious Anfield shall rise. The ancestral home could not be abandoned. Too much history. Too much glory. No. Anfield shall be built a-new. A shining city on a hill. A beacon of architectural innovation. Frank Lloyd Wright, Gehry, Le Corbusier would cry at the sight of this monument to man's eternal genius. As the residents of Lothair and Alroy Roads are lead by gunpoint from their homes, they know -- we know -- that their sacrifice is for the greater good. The red good. A new stadium. A theatre fit for the greats of the game: Shelvey, Downing, Skrtel. And overseeing it all, a simple dedicated man, hewn from the same living rock that is The Giant's Causeway: Brendan Rodgers.

Cut to scouse "poet" in the pub, drinking his interminable pint o' lager and bollixing on........

No naming rights, apparently.

Liverpool have ruled out pursuing a naming rights deal to fund the planned £150 million development of Anfield.
Managing director Ian Ayre has confirmed that the club's home will keep its name as expansion work is carried out to increase the capacity from 45,000 to around 60,000.
Club officials had held talks with a number of high-profile companies who were interested in putting their name to a proposed £300 million stadium in neighbouring Stanley Park.
But Liverpool have decided to stay put and plan to raise capacity by extending the Anfield Road and main stands.
"There won't be a naming rights deal for Anfield," Ayre told the Liverpool Echo. "It was only something we looked at when we were assessing the option of a new stadium. Naming rights was a difficult process, but we weren't without our suitors. We have had, and still have, interest around it.
"A new stadium would never have happened without it, but that was only one part of it. We had to balance the two possible options. It was about finding the best solution for the club and we feel very strongly that this is the right one. Our preference was always to stay at Anfield, and this is a major step forward."
The club will borrow money to fund the ground redevelopment, but Ayre says that will not affect the transfer budget. "The right solution is the right economic solution," he said. "Rather than it detracting from our spending in the transfer market, the whole point of doing this is to actually increase our revenues."
Anfield's redevelopment, which is likely to start in 2014 if Liverpool get planning permission, will run in partnership with a city council project to regenerate the streets around the stadium.
The club's plan is to build over the existing stands during a close season in order to avoid the dip in revenue that would be suffered by playing in a ground with a reduced capacity.
However, other steps have to be taken before work can begin. First, Liverpool City Council has to get permission to demolish a number of houses near the ground as part of the regeneration project, which would then create space for the expansion of Anfield.
If that process is successful, Liverpool would look to submit a planning application for the redevelopment of the stadium next spring.
The club have joined the council and social housing provider Your Housing, which owns many of the properties near the ground, to set up a development board to oversee the project.
The board will include Liverpool chairman Tom Werner, Liverpool Mayor Joe Anderson and Your Housing chair Kathy Cowell, as well as local residents' representatives.
"The next steps are out of our hands," Ayre added. "It is not Liverpool that is acquiring the properties, it is the city council and Your Housing.
"If we get through this next stage, then it becomes [about] the role of the planners and whether our planning application will be accepted."
© ESPN EMEA Ltd

Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/174978.html?CMP=OTC-RSS#oFEMbWkzSPlzGhWQ.99

So we're borrowing to fund the stadium. Better interest rates than the last time I hope. Rosco, how much will we borrow...

I imagine that although naming rights won't go to the whole stadium, they will seek sponsorship for individual stands, like they did at Fenway.

Liverpool commercial chief hails ‘great story’ of club’s Anfield plans

9 November 2012 | Posted in Notes & Insights | By Eoin Connolly | Contact the author
Anfield_site-510x340.JPG

Liverpool's home stadium Anfield, pictured ahead of the Premier League team's 1-1 draw with Newcastle on Sunday 4th November
Liverpool chief commercial officer Billy Hogan has strongly welcomed the club's decision to press on with attempts to refurbish Anfield.
Hogan, who joined Liverpool in June, was speaking to SportsPro along with sales director Olly Dale ahead of the team’s 1-1 home Premier League draw with Newcastle on Sunday 4th November. He argued that at a revamped Anfield there would be "opportunities for partners to participate with the club that frankly wouldn’t exist if you went to a new stadium".
"Just as a fan," he said, "as somebody who supports the club, staying at Anfield would have to be the more attractive opportunity because of what is here – it's 120 years of history."
In mid-October, the club confirmed its intentions to redevelop its historic home rather than pursue plans to build a new stadium in the city. The project is likely to involve an increase in capacity to around 60,000 and an expansion of the Main Stand and the Anfield Road end, though it will be dependent on efforts to purchase land in what is a heavily residential area. More detailed plans will not be confirmed until those issues have been resolved, although Liverpool City Council has already secured a UK£25 million grant to regenerate the wider area.
"The energy and the passion and what you see here on a matchday is in my experience unlike any in sport."
Hogan compared the decision to stay at Anfield with Fenway Sports Group owners John Henry and Tom Werner's decision to redevelop rather than replace the Boston Red Sox home of Fenway Park, saying that in both cases "it took time to really analyse the issue and look at the benefits on both side of the ledger in terms of how you make that work."
The American was managing director of Fenway Sports Management before moving to Liverpool and was part of the acquisition team that initially explored the benefits of a takeover of the club. He described his first matchday trip to Anfield as "sort of a life-changing experience" and believes keeping the team there represents a "great opportunity" for its sponsors.
"I think when you look at the development of the commercial side," he said, "particularly on the partnerships side, as that part of the business has grown what you do see is that there are many, many long-term partnerships that have been in place. It even goes back to a little bit of what we talked about earlier with that sense of community and the partners that we have at Liverpool, even from a corporate perspective, are sort of part of that family, part of helping the club move forward.
"I think that there's a great story to be told with a refurbished Anfield and I think that the energy and the passion and what you see here on a matchday is in my experience unlike any in sport. So hopefully we get those last few issues sorted out and staying here will be great long-term for the club and great from our perspective on the commercial side as well."
A full interview with Liverpool chief commercial officer Billy Hogan and sales director Olly Dale will appear in the December 2012/January 2013 edition of SportsPro. Click here to subscribe. Further extracts from the interview will appear throughout next week on www.sportspromedia.com

"The energy and the passion and what you see here on a matchday is in my experience unlike any in sport."

LOL! Energy and passion are sadly lacking at the typical Anfield match these days. The away fans' chant "your support is fucking shit!" is difficult to disagree with.

I don't blame the supporters for this. I think we are all sitting back and hoping things will get better. You need a bit of inspiration from the team to get the crowd going.

LOL! Energy and passion are sadly lacking at the typical Anfield match these days. The away fans' chant "your support is fucking shit!" is difficult to disagree with.

I don't blame the supporters for this. I think we are all sitting back and hoping things will get better. You need a bit of inspiration from the team to get the crowd going.

Rael will not like this.

Correct

"shall we sing a song for you"

"you might as well"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom