• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Another England Mauling... Can Hamilton save our pride??

Wow... simply wow...

You will never ever see a finish to a championship like that ever again... three turns left, Glock slows down... Conspiricy theorists come to the fore.

Wow. I actually stood up and cheered when Lewis passed him, I really thought it was all over.

Really confusing watching it with French commentary - they really thought (like Ferrari) that Massa was the world champion. All a bit embarrassed afterwards, and they didn't even show Hamilton collect the trophy.

[quote author=TheBunnyman link=topic=28321.msg713508#msg713508 date=1225653070]
Really confusing watching it with French commentary - they really thought (like Ferrari) that Massa was the world champion. All a bit embarrassed afterwards, and they didn't even show Hamilton collect the trophy.

[/quote]

Is there a trophy for being world champion?? ITV didn't show it either if so.

That was amazing viewing.

Overall Hamilton deserves to win it, well done Lewis. Is it moving to a new channel next season?

hamilton deserved to win it this year!despite those points taken off him and those given to massa!what a fucking race who says f1 is boring :)

[quote author=Mr_V link=topic=28321.msg713511#msg713511 date=1225653472]
[quote author=TheBunnyman link=topic=28321.msg713508#msg713508 date=1225653070]

[/quote]

Is there a trophy for being world champion?? ITV didn't show it either if so.
[/quote]

The F1 title isnt awarded trackside, its at the end of the year ball he will get it.

He has been simply brilliant in the second half of this season. Hats off to a deserved winner this year.
Im already looking forward to next year with Hamilton, Raikonnen, Vettel, Alonso, Massa, Kubica all capable of winning races, its great for the sport. Hamilton only had to win 4 races this year and thats a mark of how good the field is.

Imagine Lewis, Massa, Kimi, Vettel, Alonso and Kubica all racing in cars capable of winning the championship.

That would be nearly a third of the grid competing for race wins

[quote author=SummerOnions link=topic=28321.msg713645#msg713645 date=1225668338]
Is Kimi no longer classed as good?
[/quote]

Of course! 3rd in the championship and a record number of fastest laps in one season.

Kimi seemed to lack motivation this year.
I think he'll be back on it next year.
If rumours of his impending demotion arent to be believed of course.

Thanks for clarification on the trophy thing. I thought the French were just being churlish.

Will McLaren get rid of Kovalainen btw? He seems to have underperformed in a very good car this season, no?

Na, i think hell stay, the last thing they will want to do is put a driver in who has the ability to take points off Hamilton.
If Koval had been their number 2 last year, Lewis would have back to back titles now.
I think he'll be expected to up his performance, but then that could be said of half the field.

This might sound harsh considering the circumstances but Massa doesn't deserve the seat at Ferrari. There are much more deserved guys in the field. Alonso & Kubica would be much better imo.
Same goes for Kovelinen, he's not all that. But at least with him there is an undisputed number 1 at McClaren, maybe Lewis needs that, Schumacher certainly did.

[quote author=doctor_mac link=topic=28321.msg716274#msg716274 date=1225926261]
If Vettell doesn't get the call to Ferrari soon I'll be very surprised.
[/quote]

To replace Kimi? How old is Raikkonen?

Back
Top Bottom