• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Aquilani isn't joining Milan, bet that

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get all this animosity towards Aquilani.
Is it because it made Rafa look a right twat spending 20m on a badly crocked player who was always going to miss the vast majority f his first season? Is it because Rafa turned against him, even though it was Rafa's fault and not the players? Is it because he was posturing for a move to Italy as he was clearly not in the managers plans and was clearly unloved and unwanted by the manager, who would blame him......or is it because no one has seen enough of him playing for Liverpool to make an objective and informed opinion, so he just gets slagged because slagging Liverpool players for no really good reason is the fashion on here these days.
The times I saw him play in his correct advanced position, when almost fit, he looked like a player.
I hope he gets the opportunity to prove some clever counts wrong, not that they would admit it if he did.

regards

I'm not arsed about how Rafa looks and, according to some, he wasn't even signed by Rafa. I'm arsed that he's never made one fucking effort to settle at the club or work to get into the team. In fact I'm not arsed. He's not got a squad number and that's a clear indication that hes off and good fucking riddance.

I do feel some sympathy, the price tag and the fact he was injured wasn't his fault. Passing himself off as 'not well enough to play' a couple of times was unforgivable. As for Rafa, he did sign him and I couldn't really give a shit how it makes him look, he made some bad decisions in the transfer market over his last few seasons and paid for it, end of. As for Aquilani, I think most people know he's a good player, as Vlad said, when he did play he largely looked the part and he created and scored a couple of goals, that's never really been the issue, the issue has always been his injury record and his mentality. For three successive managers (and a few in Italy) to not be prepared to commit to the lad, it speaks volumes.

Oh, and why didn't he play under Hodgson and Kenny if it was all Rafas fault Vlad? And why is it not one club he went on loan to wanted to buy him?

We've probably wasted over £30 million on this soft arse and whats he given us in return? Yeah that's right absolutely fuck all.

Sometimes it hasn't been all of his doing, but the lad has never given an indication that he was even remotely interested in trying to make it work.

I can't wait until we've finally binned him off.

We've probably wasted over £30 million on this soft arse and whats he given us in return? Yeah that's right absolutely fuck all.

Sometimes it hasn't been all of his doing, but the lad has never given an indication that he was even remotely interested in trying to make it work.

I can't wait until we've finally binned him off.

He gave us 6 assists, that's 6 more than Downing.

I wouldnt bother Modo. You KNOW hes gonna go ANYWHERE but here.
So let it go.
The people who rate him will still rate him and those who dont wont.

I don't know why you have to shoe Downing at every opportunity to justify you wanting player X to play, whether it be Aquilani, Sterling or Suso or whoever. No one is offering Downing up as a better alternative, no one is saying he should play. They're both fannies and it's a stupid point.

That's 9 starts, compared to Stewie's 28 starts.
So ask yourself, what has Downing done for us? Or even Henderson? Or even Mr "worth every penny" Carroll?
What did anyone of them do to justify their wages and transfer sums?
Cause as I see they've arguably been at the club longer than Aquilani considering that he missed the first half of the season.

I suppose one thing we should be thankful for is that you managed two posts without slating Charlie Adam. That's progress right there.

I wouldnt bother Modo. You KNOW hes gonna go ANYWHERE but here.
So let it go.
The people who rate him will still rate him and those who dont wont.

I tried, believe me. I'm shocked to read what some are saying about Alberto without any real reason.
I don't get why he's treated unfairly.

I tried, believe me. I'm shocked to read what some are saying about Alberto without any real reason.
I don't get why he's treated unfairly.

He's not treated unfairly, most people recognise he's a good player, so I don't know why you have to toss that up at every opportunity - we know. His problem stems to him passing himself off as unfit for a game (which Rafa acknowledged and was more than pissed off about), and then there's the fact that three Liverpool managers and a couple of stints back in Italy have seen him promote zero commitment from ANYONE to his longterm future. He's not being treated unfairly, he's being treated with skepticism regarding how unfortunate he 'really' is, and rightly so.

He hasnt shown the heart for the fight mate. Thats the truth of it. Mourinho bombed Robben out of Chelsea for the same reason. I think he's class but he wasnt right for us and should never have been signed.

He's not treated unfairly, most people recognise he's a good player, so I don't know why you have to toss that up at every opportunity - we know. His problem stems to him passing himself off as unfit for a game (which Rafa acknowledged and was more than pissed off about), and then there's the fact that three Liverpool managers and a couple of stints back in Italy have seen him promote zero commitment from ANYONE to his longterm future. He's not being treated unfairly, he's being treated with skepticism regarding how unfortunate he 'really' is, and rightly so.
People saying based upon the 'scouse rumour mill' that he feigned injury IS treating him unfairly Mark. Its bollocks.

On another note he must have the most unusual scm discussion level: appearances ratio of any senior liverpool player since this site started. Never mind the Lost 30m, think of the Many hours lost posting about il acqua. Modo must have lost a few days of his life right there

Ps-Rafa is a shameless self publicist and I wouldnt believe him even if he did say it. Which I find extraordinary and ludicrously unproffessional.

If he stays I wouldn't be against it btw, the point about him having done nothing wrong or there not being anymore to this than a player being successively mistreated seems well wide of the mark, given the evidence and lack of commitment from anyone regarding his future. That's all. Is he a good player? Yes, I thought he looked top drawer during that short spell. Is he a fanny? Course he is.

Ps-Rafa is a shameless self publicist and I wouldnt believe him even if he did say it. Which I find extraordinary and ludicrously unproffessional.

He made two quotes back in the day, one about Aquilani saying he couldn't train when the doctors had deemed his ankle as ok. Rafa said that you couldn't account for how different players dealt with and handled pain and suggested his problem may have been more psychological than physical. He'd passed himself unfit for a match either shortly before or shortly after because of a stomach issue.

Love Rafa, but his euro blogs kept always touting "my player" or " I signed him"... Very self focused. And self publicizing. Probably feels he as a point to prove.

He hasnt shown the heart for the fight mate. Thats the truth of it. Mourinho bombed Robben out of Chelsea for the same reason. I think he's class but he wasnt right for us and should never have been signed.

I don't know what's happening behind the scenes. Your ITK's may be right. Maybe he does lack the will to play for us.
I'm desperate for us to improve but look at our options in midfield.
I swear to you right here and now, that if we buy a holding midfielder like Martinez or Strootman etc. I'll shut up about Aquilani forever. But as it stands, he's our best option in midfield along with Gerrard and should be starting and it annoys the hell out of me too see certain players being preferred instead of Aqua.

I don't know what's happening behind the scenes. Your ITK's may be right. Maybe he does lack the will to play for us.
I'm desperate for us to improve but look at our options in midfield.
I swear to you right here and now, that if we buy a holding midfielder like Martinez or Strootman etc. I'll shut up about Aquilani forever. But as it stands, he's our best option in midfield along with Gerrard and should be starting and it annoys the hell out of me too see certain players being preferred instead of Aqua.

You're right Modo, he is better than our options in midfield, but that isn't really the point. There's obviously issues in the background. If he makes it I'll be made up, if any of our current crop turn their fortunes around I'll be made up, it might save us some money. Just let's not pretend that he's the sole victim in all of this, we've lost a shitload of cash on him already.

He made two quotes back in the day, one about Aquilani saying he couldn't train when the doctors had deemed his ankle as ok. Rafa said that you couldn't account for how different players dealt with and handled pain and suggested his problem may have been more psychological than physical. He'd passed himself unfit for a match either shortly before or shortly after because of a stomach issue.
So no evidence to suggest he feigned it then, and no suggestion of it from Rafa?

So no evidence to suggest he feigned it then, and no suggestion of it from Rafa?

His comment about his stomach condition was a bit more scathing, he was typically nonchalant about it. No one said he feigned injury anyway Oncy, he'd passed himself as unfit when Rafa suggested the medical staff had said otherwise. As he said, it probably was psychological, which still amounts to the same thing = not up to it.

His comment about his stomach condition was a bit more scathing, he was typically nonchalant about it. No one said he feigned injury anyway Oncy, he'd passed himself as unfit when Rafa suggested the medical staff had said otherwise. As he said, it probably was psychological, which still amounts to the same thing = not up to it.
Mate its fucking RIDICULOUS to suggest he wasnt injured or ill if he said he was. Regardless of what the medical team said.

and:

'This was the reason i wanted him to stay. Lets hope Rodgers is on to the injury feigning wally!'

'Vladders my hatred for the man stems from being reliably informed the guy was faking injuries whilst Benitez was here so effectively refusing to play for the club. I'm sorry mate any cunt that comes here and does that deserves all the stick they get'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom