• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Aquilani isn't joining Milan, bet that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate its fucking RIDICULOUS to suggest he wasnt injured or ill if he said he was. Regardless of what the medical team said.

and:

'This was the reason i wanted him to stay. Lets hope Rodgers is on to the injury feigning wally!'

That wasn't me though! lol.

I think the point Rafa was making was that he'd had injuries and had it in his head that perhaps niggles were worse than they actually were. Just like with players pulling out of tackles (and inevitably getting injured as a result) because they've had a couple of injuries.

The point was, whether he was feigning, whether the problem was really there, or whether it was psychological, the end result regards what you're going to get from him, is the same.

I rate the lad so I resent getting labelled a hater as seems the other end of the spectrum, I can just see why there are doubts. S'all.

Hi Vlad

I dont hate the bloke its just that seeing him in a few serie a games last season my opinion is he is a coaster. I really cant see where this fantastic skillfull player is, and he only showed the occassional flash when he played for us. My fury eminates from the fact that despite picking up £15m in wages from us and knowing that NOBODY wants to sign him in Italy he goes off during pre season to get married. You would think he might feel a teensy bit guilty about that and I dont buy the arranging it around the euros bit either as he could have done it before. By the way we are all influenced by heresay as your several references to Rafa indicate;)

That wasn't me though! lol.

I think the point Rafa was making was that he'd had injuries and had it in his head that perhaps niggles were worse than they actually were. Just like with players pulling out of tackles (and inevitably getting injured as a result) because they've had a couple of injuries.

The point was, whether he was feigning, whether the problem was really there, or whether it was psychological, the end result regards what you're going to get from him, is the same.

I rate the lad so I resent getting labelled a hater as seems the other end of the spectrum, I can just see why there are doubts. S'all.
Im not labelling you a hater mate. Modo said he was treated unfairly, you said he wasnt, I said people saying he feigned injury were treating him unfairly, you said no one said that, i showed you they did, thats all.
Im not suggesting anything that isnt fact. That would be treating you unfairly.

No worries, the argument is daft, like many on here with both ends exaggerating. We're more or less singing from the same hymn sheet (I think), he's a good player but there are underlying issues. He might get a chance, he might get sold, I'm a bit meh to the whole thing. If he stays and is a success then great, if we sell and get some money then great. I just hope it's ended one way or the other this Summer. No more loans!

No worries, the argument is daft, like many on here with both ends exaggerating. We're more or less singing from the same hymn sheet (I think), he's a good player but there are underlying issues. He might get a chance, he might get sold, I'm a bit meh to the whole thing. If he stays and is a success then great, if we sell and get some money then great. I just hope it's ended one way or the other this Summer. No more loans!
*sigh* Im not exaggerating anything mate.
I havnt even spoke about the player.

*sigh* Im not exaggerating anything mate.
I havnt even spoke about the player.

Ha.. this is going around in circles, I wasn't saying 'you' were, what I mean is that Modo is creaming over the guy and idiots are saying he's a charlatan, neither you nor me x

Its hearsay though at the end of the day , and I tend to make judgements on facts D.
Vladders at the time the info i was getting team selections transfers etc was 99.9% of the time correct. Modo was even taking the info and even posting it elsehere as fact ;)

Rafa Benitez is running out of patience with costly misfit Alberto Aquilani after appearing to doubt the validity of his latest ankle injury.
The £17million signing from Roma sat out the first three months of his ill-fated Liverpool career, due to the after-effects of ankle surgery, and is unlikely to play again this season after reporting more ankle trouble.

As he reflected on another prolonged absence for the injury-jinxed Italy midfielder, Benitez made it plain he was beginning to sense mental frailty might pose a bigger threat to Aquilani’s Anfield prospect than a suspect ankle.
Already beset by fitness problems during his Serie A days, the 25-year-old’s slender frame has looked even less suited to the more punishing demands of the Barclays Premier League in his handful of Liverpool appearances so far.
Benitez appears to be coming round to the same view after questioning his pain threshold and seemingly leaving the door open for a summer return to Italy.
‘He was complaining of some pain in his ankle, and he said he couldn’t train,’ said the Liverpool manager, after Thursday night’s 2-1 defeat at Benfica. ‘We will have to talk to the doctors when we get back to see what is going on, because at the moment, we don’t know.
‘Does he think he needs another operation? We don’t know. He has some pain, and we will have to analyse that with the doctor. It is the same ankle as before. Some players can manage with pain, but not all. There are some players who cannot, when they have pain. When you talk of pain, you never know. It depends on the individual, and that can make it really difficult.’

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/apr/03/alberto-aquilani-liverpool-mental-physical

Rafael Benítez has shown the first signs of exasperation with Alberto Aquilani by suggesting the Liverpool midfielder's latest problem is not merely physical but psychological.
The Italy international has started only eight times for Liverpool since his ¤20m arrival from Roma and is sidelined with an ankle injury sustained in training on Wednesday. Aquilani has complained of discomfort in the same ankle that required surgery last May and which forced him to miss the first three months of this season, although scans have so far failed to identify the cause of the problem. Benítez admits he is at a loss as to when the 25-year-old will be fit but indicated that a history of injury problems is affecting Aquilani.
"He was complaining of pain in his ankle and said he couldn't train," the Liverpool manager said. "We will have to talk with the doctors to see what's going on because at the moment we don't know."
There are concerns that the Italian, ear-marked as the natural replacement for Xabi Alonso in a season that opened amid high expectation at Anfield, will be absent for the rest of this campaign should he undergo exploratory surgery. But Benítez said: "We don't know if he needs an operation. He has some pain and we will just analyse that with the doctor. It's the same ankle he did before. Some players maybe can manage with the pain, some players when they have pain cannot. When you talk of pain you never know, it depends on each individual and that makes it really difficult."

It's not even that I don't rate him as a footballer because he obviously has talent I just don't rate him as a professional.

Yes, Modo why let facts get in the way of a good witch hunt.
The only ammunition people seem to have against him is some spurious unsubstantiated nonsense about feigning injury. (oh and he is the bog eyed Italian Marty Feldman , which I can't argue with)
The point I was making is - I still don't believe we have seen enough of him to form any strong opinions about his ability , or more to the point, his lack of it, due mainly to the fact that in my opinion Rafa's brilliant master plan of buying a severely injured player (for a fortune) blew right up in his goatie and he chose to take it out on the player. We all know that when Rafa makes his mind up on a player he is dead meat , ask Xabi about that one.
Hahaha was not Rafa's buy
As for subsequent managers, as I said who would blame Aquilini for wanting a move back to Italy the way he was treated here, he was not given a chance and when he took it he was overlooked.

regards

Vlad, the question you seem determined to try and avoid is *why* the Aquilani deal blew up in Rafa's face, and similarly *why* both his next two successors reached the same conclusion Rafa did about Aquilani. Against that background it's more than a bit rich to speak about "spurious unsubstantiated nonsense" and then speculate, as you admit yourself you're doing, about "choosing to take it out on the player". The quotes given by Pistolero above provide a darn sight more of a basis for the majority view on here than you've managed to offer for yours.

I thought I had made the answers to both those questions that very clear JJ, oh and I qualified the other bit by saying "in my opinion" and not blurting it out as fact.

regards

I've re-read your post, Vlad, and I don't think so. You simply stated the deal "blew up in [Rafa's] goatie" without any attempt to explain why, and you hinted (without even saying this much in so many words) that the next two managers also treated Aquilani unfairly, again with no explanation why. You made no attempt to deal with the point that there may have been reasons for the decisions all three made, independently, about the same player.

He didnt say the others treated him unfairly at all!?

He means by Rafa ie:the club.
Not Kenny and Roy.

How Vlad was he not given a chance when he was here? It would seem the facts are that the club WANTED him to play and he DIDN'T because he broke a toenail or something similar, I really don't see how that fits in with your viewpoint, which appears to be coloured by your anti Rafa stance. I really wanted him to be the player to fill the massive hole Xabi left but it wasn't to be, and can we get over all this Xabi nonsense - we had no takers for him at £12 the season before he left !!!

Sorry but if anything that's even worse, because it suggests an attempt to defend Aquilani for not wanting to play for two managers who had nothing to do with his previous treatment.

Sorry but if anything that's even worse, because it suggests an attempt to defend Aquilani for not wanting to play for two managers who had nothing to do with his previous treatment.
Sorry JJ but now youre just being obtuse. Vlad said he didnt blame him for wanting to leave after his (iho) unfair treatment, then you suggest Vlad is wrong to say Kenny and Roy treated him unfairly, I point out he didnt mean that and still you rail!!

Honestly Aquilani brings out the worst in people and I KNEW i shouldnt bother getting into it again.
Like in all things Haters gon hate.

Sorry JJ but now youre just being obtuse. Vlad said he didnt blame him for wanting to leave after his (iho) unfair treatment, then you suggest Vlad is wrong to say Kenny and Roy treated him unfairly, I point out he didnt mean that and still you rail!!

Honestly Aquilani brings out the worst in people and I KNEW i shouldnt bother getting into it again.
Like in all things Haters gon hate.

Rubbish. In my last post I took your point about what Vlad IS saying, but went on to explain why that doesn't stand up either. You don't want to face up to that, so you accuse me of "railing".

Perhaps you're right in saying we'd better leave this there.

Rubbish. In my last post I took your point about what Vlad IS saying, but went on to explain why that doesn't stand up either. You don't want to face up to that, so you accuse me of "railing".

Perhaps you're right and we'd better leave this there.
But thats a point you can take up with Vlad, not me.
Its not my standpoint.
I dont mean to be dismissive JJ, i just honestly dont give a shit. I KNOW hes going to go before the start kf the season and I wish we could go back and undo the whole fucking mess. If not I wish we had handled it better on all sides. No one involved comes out smelling of roses. From Alonso to Aquilani and all those involved in the deals to swap the players at our club.
I watched the lad at Roma and I am telling you he is as good a midfielder as you could wish for, but we have never really seen that here, and regardless of who ultimately is MOST culpable for that its best to put it behind us. For all our sanities.

Is it possible to do a fund raiser, buy out his contract and fuck him off back to Pastaland?

Right just for clarity.
Rafa thought he was getting the player he wanted and would have a free , and at what he thought was the right price. The injury took much longer to get over than was initially thought and we struggled in mid field as we had other key injuries.
Subsequent managers were out off by the players obvious, and I think reasonable, desire to find another club in Italy.

regards

Rafa should have bought a replacement that was like for like Alonso positionwise. Iow Martinez.

He wanted to play Aqua further up the pitch than Alonso, in a 4-1-1-3-1. But we never saw that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom