• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Armstrong is going to lose it all

If you're interested in it all mate, I'd highly reccomedn reading L.A Confidentiel or one of Walsh's recent retrospective books on the whole thing. Very illuminating.

Not that I particularly care about cycling but this has to be the death blow.

To be fair, this is probably going to revive the sport in some ways. We all knew or at least suspected that Armstrong was bent. Now its proved its like an epiphany.

And with the likes of Team Sky and its current morals there's a chance that this could be the start of something big for cycling.

I want to hear what Oncy has to say about this admission
Guilty obviously. Gutted like but fuck it 'I' didnt cheat, I just hoped for the best in a person I shouldnt have.

6dGWSGKRz2GuFdv0LQckzgAJZX5U1.jpg

Roche doped, and if you believe those who've outed every other doper - so too did Indurain.

I would almost be tempted to read Armstrong's book just to see what he was waffling about. By the end of it I would probably end up despising him while muttering 'hypocrite' repeatedly to myself under my breath.

Oprah goes over how she set up the interview. Lance looks tense. Here are the first questions:

Q. Did you ever take banned substances to enhance cycling performance?
A. Yes

Q. Was one of those substances EPO
A. Yes.

Q. Did you use any other banned substances?
A. Yes

I didn't think it possible for him to come out of this 'admission' looking worse, but I guess even Lance can still surprise.

Major backfire here cos you're now demonstrating to the world what an arrogant patronising prick you are. Shoulda just stayed quiet.

:adopts remorse face:

Nothing that we didnt know from the arrogant prick, as expected. He's no fool and he's prepared this interview very carefully with his advisers.
Millions and Jail at stake.
Since early nineties, close cycling followers know the omerta that was surrounding the peloton and the doping methods..Sadly the Festina scandal in 98 didnt change anything, it got worse actually.

he's just a cunt this lad isn't he . if he was on fire i wouldn't even bother pissing on him.

All of this boiled down too 'give me a 6 month ban like all the other druggies, so i cant start doing sport again'. He doesnt give a fuck about anyone, just himself.

Tim Burgess finally contributes to humanity.

I'm afraid Lance is up there with with Hitler, Pol Pot, Saville, Eddie The Eagle etc. in the worst human ever stakes.

Lance Armstrong claims he is cycling's 'fall guy'
Lance Armstrong says he is a 'fall guy' for cycling's doping culture and believes that no generation of riders has ever been exempt from cheating.

The American was stripped of seven Tour de France titles and banned from sport for life before he admitted doping.

"Yes I do, but I understand why," he replied when asked by Cyclingnews if he felt he was a "fall guy".

"My generation was no different from any other. From hopping on trains a 100 years ago to EPO now."

Play media
_65359355_65359354.jpg

Lance Armstrong admits doping to win cycling titles

The 41-year-old added: "The 'help' has evolved over the years, but the fact remains that our sport is damn hard, the Tour was invented as a 'stunt', and very tough [athletes] have competed for a century and all looked for advantages."

"No generation was exempt or 'clean'."

The International Cycling Union (UCI) has announced a truth and reconciliation commission, disbanding a previous three-person anti-doping enquiry that included Paralympic champion Baroness Tanni Grey Thompson, as its new plan for cleaning up the sport.
However the proposal has already run into controversy with the World Anti-Doping Agency (Wada) accusing the UCI of "deceit" for claiming it had agreed to work alongside it.

Armstrong believes that a version of the UCI plan is the "only way" for cycling to move forward as a sport.
The cycling career

_65359546_7aeab778-3610-4971-b26b-c041b4eb4546.jpg

• Born: Plano, Texas
  • Tour de France victories (before they were stripped): 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 (22 individual stage wins)
  • World Championships road race victory: 1993
  • Battle with cancer: Diagnosed with testicular cancer in 1996. The disease spreads through his body. Launches Lance Armstrong Foundation for Cancer. Declared cancer-free in 1997 after brain surgery and chemotherapy.
  • Retirement: Announces he will retire after the 2005 Tour de France, which he wins. Angered by drug allegations against him, Armstrong announces in September 2008 he will return to professional cycling. In June 2010, he reveals via Twitter that the 2010 Tour de France will be his last. On 16 February 2011, Armstrong announces retirement again.
"As much as I'm the eye of the storm this is not about one man, one team, one director," he added.

"This is about cycling and, to be frank, it's about all endurance sports. Publically lynching one man and his team will not solve this problem.
"Letting some race the season then giving minor off-season sanctions versus the death penalty (for similar offences) isn't fair and isn't about 'cleaning up cycling'. It's about getting your man."

Armstrong added that an official investigation into cycling's doping past should call every rider with a podium finish in a Grand Tour or World Championship without the possibility of punishment.

He insisted that a complete amnesty was necessary "otherwise no one will show up. No one."

Armstrong's comments come on the day that Frank Schleck, who finished third in the 2011 Tour de France, was given a one-year backdated ban after testing positive for a banned substance in the 2012 race.

Of the 33 Tour de France wins since 1980, 17 have been won tainted by a rider who has either tested positive, been sanctioned or admitted doping.

In 1904 Maurice Garin, who had won the inaugural edition of the race the year before, was stripped of his title amid allegations that he had taken a train to bypass a difficult section of a stage.

Loving Maurice Garin.

Disgraced cyclist Lance Armstrong has claimed it was impossible to win the Tour de France without using drugs during the time he doped his way to seven victories between 1999 and 2005.

On the eve of the 100th running of the world’s biggest cycling race, the American told French newspaper Le Monde that doping was so widespread at the time that only those who took drugs could win.

“The Tour de France? No. Impossible to win without doping,” Armstrong said.

“My name was taken out of the palmares (list of achievements) but the Tour was held between 1999 and 2005 wasn’t it? There must be a winner then. Who is he? Nobody came forward to claim my jerseys.”

Armstrong spent years vehemently denying repeated claims that he had doped, pointing to the fact he never failed a drugs test.

But the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) continued to pursue a case against him, and last year published a report describing his doping programme as “the most sophisticated in the history of sport”.

Armstrong subsequently admitted doping and was stripped of his seven Tour titles, while being banned for life. The Texan feels like he was scapegoated by USADA chief Travis Tygart, and hit back in the interview.

“I did not invent doping. Sorry, Travis,” he said.

“And it (doping) has not stopped with me. I just took part in the system.

“The USADA ’reasoned decision’ perfectly managed to destroy a man’s life but it has not benefited cycling at all.”

The 41-year-old also hit out at UCI president Pat McQuaid claiming the Irishman - currently facing a re-election challenge from British Cycling’s Brian Cookson to remain as head of the sport’s world governing body – must go if cycling is to clean up.

“(UCI president) Pat McQuaid can say and think what he wants. Things just cannot change as long as McQuaid stays in power,” Armstrong said.

“The UCI refuses to establish a ’truth and reconciliation commission’ because the testimony that everyone would want to hear would bring McQuaid, (his predecessor) Hein Verbruggen and the whole institution down.”

can someone just please batter the fuck out of this cunt .

Back
Top Bottom