• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Arsenal (A) - FA Cup - Sunday 16:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizzle

Deposed match thread starter
Nice rest until this one, with Fulham in the League Cup midweek after it. First chance to see how we will play without Mo, and good practice before our league match there in Feb.

I think we will start with Alexis at DM, and then it could be any of Szob, Elliot or any of the front 4 being put into that RW slot. Part of me wants Diaz there, with Nunez on the left. However I would also like to see Elliot as I think him, Szob at RCM and Trent could be a really tasty combo.

Alisson (unless we have promised Kelleher all cups)

Trent
Konate
Virgil
Gomez

Mac Allister
Jones
Szobo

Elliot
Jota
Diaz

Dear lord, it's only Tuesday, and early Tuesday at that!

I think Szob needs a long break, we need to protect Jota and Kelleher defo stats so:

Kelleher

Trent
Quansah
VVD
Gomez

Mac Allister
Jones
Elliott

Diaz
Gakpo
Doak

I don't know what sort of team Arteta will stand up but I imagine they will be favourites given they're at home

I think Szob needs a long break, we need to protect Jota and Kelleher defo stats so:

Kelleher

Trent
Quansah
VVD
Gomez

Mac Allister
Jones
Elliott

Diaz
Gakpo
Doak

I don't know what sort of team Arteta will stand up but I imagine they will be favourites given they're at home
Didn't Doak get a knee injury that required surgery?

It's going to be a strong team, I believe.

Alisson

Trent
Konate
Van Dijk
Gomez

Macca
Jones
Gravenberch

Elliott
Gakpo
Diaz

I reckon we’ll see Quansah start in this and Elliott or Diaz gets first crack at the Mo role.

Kelleher

Trent
Quansah
VVD
Gomez

Mac Allister
Jones
Elliott

Diaz
Gakpo
Doak

It’s early but it’s my Dreamy hedge

It’s early but it’s my Dreamy hedge
A compact, evergreen shrub, Escallonia Red Dream is prized for its glossy foliage and striking, rosy red flowers. Low-growing, with a spreading habit, this variety of Escallonia is ideal for hedges.

Mostly second string for me here (as I believe Arsenal will line up so aswell) and then strongest side for Fulham. SF of EFL cup is more important that a 3rd round game in the FA cup.

Kelleher Bradley Konate Quansah Chambers Mac Elliott Grav Gordon Gakpo Jota

If Beck and Carvalho are available and ready, then maybe Beck for Chambers and Carvalho for Gordon.

Mostly second string for me here (as I believe Arsenal will line up so aswell) and then strongest side for Fulham. SF of EFL cup is more important that a 3rd round game in the FA cup.

Kelleher Bradley Konate Quansah Chambers Mac Elliott Grav Gordon Gakpo Jota

If Beck and Carvalho are available and ready, then maybe Beck for Chambers and Carvalho for Gordon.
Yep that's what I'd do too. Klopp isn't Howe so I'm pretty sure we'll see some rotation, as Klopp had always done, in the early stages of domestic cup matches.

On the contrary I'd put out a much stronger team for what will be a full strength Fulham for the LC semi. It's a semi - so close to Wembley and a trophy. We can't put the same team out for both these games, esp. when most need rest after a hectic Xmas period and there are far more important games to come.

Kelleher
Bradley
Konate
Quansah
Beck

Mac Allister (comes off after 60 mins for McConnell)
Gravy
Elliott

Nunez
Jota
Gakpo

Youngsters come on if the game is gone or after 60-70 mins for the front line.

----Nunez---------------------------Jota
----------------------Gakpo
--Gravenberch-----------Jones
----------------Mac Allister
Gomez - - VVD - - - Quansah - - - Trent
--------------------Allison

Nunez---------------------------Gakpo
Jota
Jones--------------Elliot
Mac Allister
Gomez - - VVD - - - Konate - - - Trent
Allison

Last edited:
Klopp confirmed hamstring but doesn't know how bad yet. Assume 2-3 weeks if it's not bad. If he's back for Arsenal in the PL I'll be over the moon.
That’ll be optimum…he’s in desperate need of the rest anyway.

Reactions: dee
With Szobo almost certainly rested I am updating my predicted team to:

Trent
Konate
Virgil
Gomez

Mac Allister
Jones
Elliot

Nunez
Jota
Diaz

I could see this looking more like a 424 with Elliot wide left and Jota & Nunez both more central.

If we wanted to minimise the impact of mo leaving, you'd just put Nunez on the right with his pace. We can hit our standard stupid balls over the defence that way
The quality Trent has on the ball and we all know he loves to play those 50-60 yard loopy ball around their fullback for Mo to latch onto.....Darwin could get as much, if not more joy. Can definitely see it working out. Aswell with Nunez looking across the line it may help limit the offside calls against him.

Trent
Konate
Virgil
Gomez

Mac Allister
Jones
Elliot

Nunez
Jota
Diaz

I could see this looking more like a 424 with Elliot wide left and Jota & Nunez both more central.

I genuinely want us to be eliminated from that competition ASAP. Beating Arsenal in early stages of the Cup would bring no satisfaction; there are much bigger fish to fry. Play the kids, Jay Spearing, Thiago on one leg, and Adrian in goal.

I genuinely want us to be eliminated from that competition ASAP. Beating Arsenal in early stages of the Cup would bring no satisfaction; there are much bigger fish to fry. Play the kids, Jay Spearing, Thiago on one leg, and Adrian in goal.

Agreed. I hope Klopp rotate and I want to see Beck play as the left back. Couldnt care less if we get eliminated.

Trent
Konate
Virgil
Gomez

Mac Allister
Jones
Elliot

Nunez
Jota
Diaz

Please no Jones for this one. Gravenberch to start instead.

Last edited:
Whilst i usually love reserve teams in cups, we have to cup games we can use to work out our system for the 3-4 PL games without Mo & Endo.

Arteta will field a strong team, considering their recent results in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom