• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Arsenal (A) - Sunday 16:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizzle

Deposed match thread starter
Huge game, arguably the biggest of the season so far. Klopp has some lovely problems, with a lot of players in form. For me the clear decision he needs to make is on the right - what will he be thinking after both the Trent/Bradley switch in the FA Cup (when Bradley shut down their attacks on that side, and Trent formed part of our attack tearing them apart) and the last few games.

I think Trent will come back in, but we will have an eager Bradley poised and ready to be used as a sub, allowing a second half switch into the middle for Trent. My preference would be Bradley on the right and Trent in the middle, but away at the Emirates isn't where we test that out for the first time.

Gomez starts for me too, Robbo still not put enough minutes in.

Alisson

Trent
Konate
Virgil
Gomez

Mac Allister
Szobo
Jones

Diaz
Jota
Nunez

In the FA Cup, we forced Arsenal into their shell by attacking them in the second half, but we could have easily been 4-0 down by HT. I hope we are sent out brave, in the same way we just played Chelsea off the park. Make it uncomfortable for them, and be clinical.

Huge game, arguably the biggest of the season so far.
It is THE game of the season and I believe, pivotal.

IF ... we win this and put 8 pts between us and Arse and maintain our lead over City I think we are officially in with a shout. Any other result and it's City's championship and us battling the gooners for 2nd

Trent back all day long, massive game and Trent is a game changer so no chance for him to sit on bench. Hopefully wrap up Jota and Mac to start. Gomez ahead of Robbo. Diaz and Nunez ahead of Gakpo.

It is THE game of the season and I believe, pivotal.

IF ... we win this and put 8 pts between us and Arse and maintain our lead over City I think we are officially in with a shout. Any other result and it's City's championship and us battling the gooners for 2nd
Yeah that's not right Dee. Even if we lose this (Arse back to 2 pts behind) and City win their game in hand (to go 1 point ahead), City still have to come to Anfield and if we win that then the pressure is going to go through the roof on them being 2 pts behind and us with no games against top teams to come.
That game against City at Anfield is THE game of the season and could even put us 5 ahead with the same played. That would be pivotal.

Trent back all day long, massive game and Trent is a game changer so no chance for him to sit on bench. Hopefully wrap up Jota and Mac to start. Gomez ahead of Robbo. Diaz and Nunez ahead of Gakpo.
Bradley hasn't been a game changer ?

Yes I know what you mean but either player would be great. I just don't feel Trent will be back to his best yet whilst Bradders is flying and defensively better. Trent can come back next game onwards - where we have a run of much easier games to ease him back in and where we'll be dominant.

Trent hadn't been out for too long so he should be fine. I will start Trent and Gomez (both Robbo and Bradley need more time for different reasons).

It's a hostile away ground, and almost everyone will be watching, I will lean towards the tried and tested.

Bradley hasn't been a game changer ?

Yes I know what you mean but either player would be great. I just don't feel Trent will be back to his best yet whilst Bradders is flying and defensively better. Trent can come back next game onwards - where we have a run of much easier games to ease him back in and where we'll be dominant.
Bradley has been a pleasant surprise, he does look defensively better but then it's a bit quick to judged based on less than what 5 games? His game is more like a traditional RB while Trent is Trent. Arsenal away is a massive game and will be different to Chelsea and what we have faced before. Doubt Klopp is going to keep him back for a big game. Was only a few weeks out, should be fine.

I'd go for a double 6. Would give Bradley some cover versus Martinelli.

Alisson

Bradley
Konate
Virgil
Gomez

Trent
Mac Allister
Jones

Jota
Nunez
Diaz

It's a tough call at RB. Personally I'd stick with Bradley. He has not put a foot wrong and that deserves continued faith. Saka and Martinelli need shutting down and Gomez and Bradley seem best placed to do that right now. Trent isn't switched on defensively at the best of times and just back from injury against Martinelli? I'd rather play it safe. The question is whether they're fresh enough for 3 games in a week.

Arsenal will come at us in the first half at the Emerites and there will be times we're under pressure. If we can get through those periods then Trent and Robbo off the bench could be devastating as Arsenal's legs start to tire. Eitherway I think we'll see a combination of all fullbacks.

The midfield and attack will just have to go again. This isn't a game to rotate in. Jota got kicked about so I just hope there's no overnight swelling on that ankle.

The benefit for us is Arsenal played the same day. They will start to burn out and we have significantly better options off the bench. That's the time to win it. Arteta has a poor record against against Klopp and it triggers him something rotten. Getting one more over him before signing off will be funny and will set us up nicely for the title charge.

Last edited:
Ali Bradley Konate Virgil Robbo Szobo Mac Jones Diaz Nunez Jota

Team is full of momentum right now, they all look like they can go every 3-4 days no problems.....only change would be Robbo for Gomez because I worry he's due a big injury soon.

It's a tough call at RB. Personally I'd stick with Bradley. He has not put a foot wrong and that deserves continued faith. Saka and Martinelli need shutting down and Gomez and Bradley seem best placed to do that right now. Trent isn't switched on defensively at the best of times and just back from injury against Martinelli?? I'd rather play it safe. The question is whether they're fresh enough for 3 games in a week.

Arsenal will come at us in the first half at the Emerites and there will be times we're under pressure. If we can get through those periods then Trent and Robbo off the bench could be devastating as their legs start to tire. But eitherway I think we'll see a combination of all fullbacks.

The midfield and attack will just have to go again. This isn't a game to rotate in. Jota got kicked about so I just hope there's no overnight swelling on that ankle.

The benefit for us is Arsenal played the same day. They will start to burn out and we have significantly better options off the bench. That's the time to win it. Artetta has a poor record against against Klopp and it triggers him something rotten. Getting one more over him before signing off will be funny and will set us up nicely for the title charge.
Arse played a day before.

Bradley has been a pleasant surprise, he does look defensively better but then it's a bit quick to judged based on less than what 5 games? His game is more like a traditional RB while Trent is Trent. Arsenal away is a massive game and will be different to Chelsea and what we have faced before. Doubt Klopp is going to keep him back for a big game. Was only a few weeks out, should be fine.
But it's not 5 games. He played a whole season at Bolton (PPofY, PotY, YPofY), and has 6 starts and 3 subs for us (555 mins) this season between the EL, FAC, LC (started both semis finals) and the PL. I think he's showed that the pressure won't get to him. No matter some of the fan rhetoric this isn't a cup final.

As I said I'm obviously happy with either but form and fitness indicate it should be Bradders starting this - for me. It won't be for Klopp.

I'd go for a double 6. Would give Bradley some cover versus Martinelli.

Alisson

Bradley
Konate
Virgil
Gomez

Trent
Mac Allister
Jones

Jota
Nunez
Diaz
We can't afford not to start Szobo. The amount of work he gets through, both in defence and attack, will be a key facet of our pressing.

If we are going to start both Trent and Bradders then Mac should go LM - but then we lose Jones who doesn't deserve dropping and Mac has been superb at #6 since his return. I can't see any change to Jones-Mac-Szobo for our midfield.

We can't afford not to start Szobo. The amount of work he gets through, both in defence and attack, will be a key facet of our pressing.

If we are going to start both Trent and Bradders then Mac should go LM - but then we lose Jones who doesn't deserve dropping and Mac has been superb at #6 since his return. I can't see any change to Jones-Mac-Szobo for our midfield.
I trust Szobo to protect Bradders more than Trent tbh

Ali Bradley Konate Virgil Robbo Szobo Mac Jones Diaz Nunez Jota

Team is full of momentum right now, they all look like they can go every 3-4 days no problems.....only change would be Robbo for Gomez because I worry he's due a big injury soon.
I wouldn't drop Gomez. Worry about injuries if and when they happen (not my usual rhetoric where I like rotation - but he did come off after 69 mins vs Chelsea, maybe indicating he'll start vs Arsenal). Can't afford to have injury liability in mind for this game.

Watch the tactical analysis vs Chelsea (and how important Gomez was) and also remember how he had Saka in his pocket (Gomez R footed) in the FAC game.

I wouldn't drop Gomez. Worry about injuries if and when they happen (not my usual rhetoric where I like rotation - but he did come off after 69 mins vs Chelsea, maybe indicating he'll start vs Arsenal). Can't afford to have injury liability in mind for this game.

Watch the tactical analysis vs Chelsea (and how important Gomez was) and also remember how he had Saka in his pocket (Gomez R footed) in the FAC game.
If you'd go completely unchanged from last night then that's fine too. I'm a big believer in keeping things rotating during quick turnovers and it's worked out pretty well to date. Robbo's had enough time now to fully get back up to speed and thought he looked lively down that flank, can't remember the last time we saw a cross from our LB like the one he dinked in for Darwin.

I actually expect Bradley to start, otherwise he would have played the 90 and Trent could have been somewhere on the pitch still.

I would play
Ali
Bradley Konate Virg Gomez
Trent Macca Jones
Diaz Jota Nuñez

Having Szobo off the bench would be potentially vey helpful to have a game changer. I don't see that from our other bench options

But it's not 5 games. He played a whole season at Bolton (PPofY, PotY, YPofY), and has 6 starts and 3 subs for us (555 mins) this season between the EL, FAC, LC (started both semis finals) and the PL. I think he's showed that the pressure won't get to him. No matter some of the fan rhetoric this isn't a cup final.

As I said I'm obviously happy with either but form and fitness indicate it should be Bradders starting this - for me. It won't be for Klopp.
5 games for us, not sure I can judge based on Div 1 games. I don't think anyone is saying it's a cup final or league decider, but it is our toughest game since City away hence why start with our strongest available 11.

Bradley must start. If TAA plays it should be in the Salah position or CM
Salah position? :ROFLMAO: Yeaaaaah......that aint happening.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing him play on the left side of midfield, Szobo - Mac - Trent.....well because why the fuck not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom