• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

Barcelona vs Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is our final. We'd beat Ajax at a canter.

We're going to do it.
Anyone who believes that is in for a hard, unpleasant awakening. This Ajax team is going to be a match for every team out there.

Two weeks back Spurs bossed City at their ground in the ChL, last night they were outclassed for the first 30 minutes and lucky not to lose with 2. Make no mistake mate, Ajax got what it takes.

Am I the only one that thinks Lovren might start?

I hope so.

I used to prefer him over Matip but the defence is fairly settled at the moment, I think Lovren brings a bit of nervousness to the party.

Fucking excited for this. I'm an absolute mess right now, bevvied in Oman and my knob has gone a funny shade of purple so I just have to stay awake for another 12 hours

Anyone who believes that is in for a hard, unpleasant awakening. This Ajax team is going to be a match for every team out there.

Two weeks back Spurs bossed City at their ground in the ChL, last night they were outclassed for the first 30 minutes and lucky not to lose with 2. Make no mistake mate, Ajax got what it takes.
I'm not denying they are a good side, they clearly are, but that was a heavily depleted Spurs side. I can't helping looking at their record of 4 losses and 2 draws in the Dutch league and think that there are vulnerabilities.

Some "fans" making tits of themselves on the Ramblas last night, I see.
You mean being racist and pushing random people into a fountain?
Well that's to be expected when you hold a minute's silence for the most outspoken racist in LFC history while denouncing Chelsea fans singing about Salah.

Actually, I thought Ajax were a bit patchy and had several weaknesses. It is incredible that they didn't concede.
They don't handle physical players well, and end up hoofing it at the back as they are probably not used to being put under such pressure.
I thought they would tiki-taka their way out, but they couldn't help the ball carrier enough- They were also over-stretched a lot in midfield, so there will be space. They do move forward well, with intent and in numbers.

No. He's more experienced than Matip at this level and, at his best, he's arguably the better CB. Not at all sure it's the choice I'd make though.

An aggressive, rash, physical Lovren, or a quicker, more positionally strong Matip against a superbly technical team?

Fabinho Hendo and Gini in midfield for me. Both Hendo and Gini to track runs of Coutinho and Messi, Fabinho to recycle the ball quickly to the flanks

There's a fair few complete dickheads out there apparently, a couple of mates over there said they're swerving la rambels & the squares cos it's full of lads who don't normally do European aways & are acting like England fans.

Come on mate. Look at that Spurs team last night FFS. Not at all the same thing. And Ajax didn't have the best 90 mins either. IF we can get past Barca, and that's a huge IF, then we'll rightly be heavy favourites.

I'm more concerned about City dropping points to Leicester I am about facing these doss cunts. Sure, Suarez, Cuntinho and Messi will score. But we'll score 5, so fuck them. COYMR!

As far as dreams go, last night I dreamt we won the League Cup and the FA Cup with a scruffy goal that me and Dirk Kuyt scrambled over the goal line. The goal line was the entrance to a very busy Sports Direct store. I then proceeded to lose the red and white ribbons off the FA Cup while having sex with the girlfriend of an old bloke I used to know back in the '80s. So there's that.

Last edited:
I hope so.

I used to prefer him over Matip but the defence is fairly settled at the moment, I think Lovren brings a bit of nervousness to the party.
Conceded 5 goals in the past nine games right? Matip started most and he dives in far less in and around the box. Matip to start please.

I'm more concerned about City dropping points to Leicester I am about facing these doss cunts. Sure, Suarez, Cuntinho and Messi will score. But we'll score 5, so fuck them. COYMR!
I think we'd all give up a result vs Barca / the CL for City dropping points but that's beyond our control so naturally we are most vocal about this one.

Agents Rodgers & Vardy to do the biz in the other one.

Can someone help me out, I wanna put a tenner on Liverpool qualifying (aka winning both games) with a winning margin of three or more goals, but I can only find bets for the single game. Is this bet possible? Preferably on BetVictor. I have a good feeling about the semis.

Can someone help me out, I wanna put a tenner on Liverpool qualifying (aka winning both games) with a winning margin of three or more goals, but I can only find bets for the single game. Is this bet possible? Preferably on BetVictor. I have a good feeling about the semis.
Cannot help you on this - but I do like your confidence of putting your money where you cock is !!! I have the same feeling about the semis too. I think we are going to really screw them up so bad - they are going to want our entire team over the summer transfer window. As it is Barca:

English Pounds:

Salah = 250M
Mane = 290M
VVD = 390M
Robo = 210M
Bobby = 240M
Fab = 130M

and that is just them, by the end of it - the world will think we still got the slavery trade going on in Liverpool

Come on mate. Look at that Spurs team last night FFS. Not at all the same thing. And Ajax didn't have the best 90 mins either. IF we can get past Barca, and that's a huge IF, then we'll rightly be heavy favourites.
Only player missing from that Spurs team compared to the one that beat City was Son. And he's good but a great part of why Spurs looked so toothless last night is down to Ajax's way of closing opponents down.

They beat Real 4-1 away and Juve 2-1 (and that could've easily read 4-1 as well) so trust you me Klopp won't feel as confident as you lot on here. I certainly wouldn't as they can dismantle any high-pressure team with their movement, energy and passing-skills on their day.

And their central midfield is better than ours. We might have more power but we can't match them skill-wise and that could really hurt us in an Ajax-Liverpool final.

I honestly have to admit that I am slightly baffled with posters lack of respect for this Ajax team.. we'll see what happens.

Last edited:
Only player missing from that Spurs team compared to the one that beat City was Son. And he's good but a great part of why Spurs looked so toothless last night is down to Ajax way of closing opponents down.

They beat Real 4-1 away and Juve 2-1 (and that could've easily read 4-1 as well) so trust you me Klopp won't feel as confident as you lot on here. I certainly wouldn't as they can dismantle any high-pressure team with their movement, energy and passing-skills on their day.

And their central midfield is better than ours. We might have more power but we can't match them skill-wise and that could really hurt us in an Ajax-Liverpool final.

I honestly have to admit that I am slightly baffled with posters lack of respect for this Ajax team.. we'll see what happens.

I think the lack of respect is more towards Barca than Ajax. I have no doubt that when we are in the final - it will be a massive struggle, even if we were to face Huddersfield - I remember all our finals under GH, and the Finals under Rafa - not a single one was easy was it ? - the only easy one we had in what can just about be termed as 'recent memory' was the league cup when the King was in charge. Fucking Alavez - never knew who they were, but that bloody game never seemed to end.

An aggressive, rash, physical Lovren, or a quicker, more positionally strong Matip against a superbly technical team?

Well, quite. That's why I said what I did at the end of the post. There is *some* argument for Lovren though, and we haven't seen the two of them in training.

Nope. Me too.

Klopp really rates Lovren. He dropped him into a CL match unexpectedly after injury before (Napoli?) if memory serves too.
He has experience when it comes to dealing with Messi from the world cup. That will also count in his favour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom