• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Best DM ever - past & present

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lothar Matthäus was rather immense at his peak, a peak that lasted for about 20 years mind.

Lothar Matthäus was rather immense at his peak, a peak that lasted for about 20 years mind.

Didnt have the longevity but Sammer was an awesome DM, Deschamp was great too, not eye catching but very very effective. I remember Cantona dismissing him as a water carrier who wasnt a real player before Juve played Utd in the Champions League, Deschamps dominated the midfield and Juve beat them home and away

Dunga and Deschamps have to get mentions as 2 guys that 'water carried' for and captained their national sides to world cup victories.

So Mascher and Parker - both internationals and have played for some of the world's biggest clubs are lacking in skill.

And I thought I was mad. Thanks Fox.

He meant Paul McGrath, although he didn't play their that often, he's the best we've ever had. Whelan would come close though.

I'm not so sure Gerry. I will wait for Pat to confirm. Although its nice of you to give him a get out! Although I only ever remember McGrath as a CB.

I'm not so sure Gerry. I will wait for Pat to confirm. Although its nice of you to give him a get out! Although I only ever remember McGrath as a CB.

He meant Keane, but yeah, was trying to give him an out. McGrath started out in midfield, before he was moved to CB. He'd have been a perfect DM though.

Best DM ever has to be this classic number
11822006_TRADITIONAL_1460_BLACK_SMOOTH2.jpg

Steffen Effenberg was a beast, Schweinsteiger is about the best about at the moment.

Them Germans make em good...

DM is a made up position. They are just central midfielders who can't score many

I get annoyed when players like Masher, Parker et al get an allowance for hardly contributing going forward but provide a so called wall for the centre halves. Bollox they don't need it , all midfield players should attack and defend especially the central ones.

It's a cover for lack of skill. If you cannot assist goals or score 5 at least a year yourself but are great at tackling, be a defender.

DM my arse

What a fucking moron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom