• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Billion Dollar Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

[article]"As a result of increasing press speculation regarding the future of Newcastle United, the owner of the club, St. James Holdings Limited, wishes to clarify its intentions.

"As one of the Premier League's oldest and best supported football clubs - and for the benefit of its many fans and supporters in the UK and across the world - Newcastle United requires a clear direction and a path to a bright and successful future.

"To give the club the best possible opportunity of securing the positioning and investment necessary to take it to the next level, at what is an important time in its history, its present ownership has determined that it is in the best interests of Newcastle United and its fans for the club to be put up for sale.

"To give an incoming owner the maximum possible flexibility to make meaningful investment in the club, including in its playing squad, the sale process will give interested parties the opportunity of deferring substantial payments.

"A process will now commence of identifying new ownership for the club that will be capable of delivering the sustained investment in and dedication to the club that is necessary for it to achieve its ambitions."[/article]

Now, if they get a PSG/Man City type of owner...

Now, if they get a PSG/Man City type of owner...

They will win the title sooner rather than later.

I suppose it's easier in France as PSG has less competition, and we have Chelsea, City and United who can buy who they want, so it's a bit trickier in theory, anyway.

They will win the title sooner rather than later.

I suppose it's easier in France as PSG has less competition, and we have Chelsea, City and United who can buy who they want, so it's a bit trickier in theory, anyway.

It'll definitely make finishing in the top 4 even more difficult. I think with their infrastructure (and stadium capacity), fan base and manager in charge, besides the so called top 6, they seem to be the most ideal club as takeover target.

Does anyone else not think that this is the only (if any) possibility of us actually moving forward as a club?

It does look like that unfortunately. It might have been possible to do the needful at lower cost some years ago but, even then, you'd have had to get the vast majority of both transfer and on-field tactical decisions right (and we've fallen way short of that). Now the top-funded echelon of clubs is so far ahead of the rest that the only way to catch them - or at least to do so on a long-term basis, one-offs like Leicester aside - is to secure comparable funding.

We could buy the best defence on the planet and we would still leak goals with Klopp in charge.
klopp3.jpg

Nuff said.

Does anyone else not think that this is the only (if any) possibility of us actually moving forward as a club?

Did anyone genuinely *ever* think we could win by some kind of Moneyball/ shrewd governance overseen by Klopp's football genius?

I know a few credulous halfwits were banging on about Dortmund and 'winning the right way' and all that shit, but that was easily ignored

Everyone knows, and has always known, that we will never win the title under these owners

Surely that makes what every foreign manager does irrelevant then?

No other league is as competitive as ours.

Don’t know if you are actually talking to yourself here or not but eh no, don’t be a smart arse.

Obvs we ain't winning the League till we find our own mass-murdering billionaire despot but what I don't get is why we treat the cups with such disdain.

In all fairness Raz, I thought Keni's post was perfectly logical.

By all means criticize Klopp if you feel he deserves criticism ( and I do incidentally) but don't be bringing up this rubbish about his record standing up only in a league where there are only two contenders.

In all fairness Raz, I thought Keni's post was perfectly logical.

By all means criticize Klopp if you feel he deserves criticism ( and I do incidentally) but don't be bringing up this rubbish about his record standing up only in a league where there are only two contenders.

Why? It’s true isn’t it. And he rightly deserves criticism because no matter how fucking thick your rose tinted glasses are. This is on him and we are fucking rubbish.

Why? It’s true isn’t it. And he rightly deserves criticism because no matter how fucking thick your rose tinted glasses are. This is on him and we are fucking rubbish.

No, it isn't true. He took Dortmund a long way in the Champions League more than once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom