• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Boxing please

Really really poor performance from manny. Not thrown anywhere near enough punches. Really disappointed. Didn't seem focused enough.

Glad I watched it on LOF and didn't go the pub and spend a fortune. Mayweather on points was always going to happen.

It was a decent fight but "fight of the century" just tells you how shite boxing has been for decades now.

It was dull as fuck - Tactical bullshit from Floyd. I wish Manny could have stepped up. Rematch in Manilla please!

Add Sugar Ray Leonard and Roberto Duran to Hagler and Hearns and what an era of boxing that was.
Indeed! Duran was some fighter but was never really the same after that 'No Mas' thing. Sugar Ray whipping Hagler was a great fight.

Sadly went exactly as I thought.

I fucking hate that wife beating showboating cunt, shame there's no one good enough to put him on his arse.

I set my alarm, put it on snooze, then semi-consciously dreamed of watching the fight instead. It started an hour late, Pacquiao was losing and then he switched on everyone and commenced beating up the corner men, the referee and the fans. Some WWE style commentary must have kicked in, at which point I realised I was probably still asleep. I think I had a better time in any event.

Ah I figured it out. When I put the alarm on snooze, I determined that these fights are usually an hour late so I'll stay in bed for another 15 minutes. Then my brain decided to run with it.

So I had 3 cans of red bull, a coffee and a pizza and by the end, I was awake for 25 hours.

So I had 3 cans of red bull, a coffee and a pizza and by the end, I was awake for 25 hours.

Inevitably your eyes start closing if you do that, you could bump into things, before you know it you'll end up needing facial reconstruction surgery.

More talk in the papers this morning of Khan/Mayweather apparently. Can't see it myself. If it *does* happen Mayweather will embarrass Khan big style.

More talk in the papers this morning of Khan/Mayweather apparently. Can't see it myself. If it *does* happen Mayweather will embarrass Khan big style.
Easy last fight for Mayweather though, absolutely pointless, don't know what Khan is thinking if he thinks he can beat him.

I think the technical term is he would "knock his bollocks in".

Khan will at least make it an exciting fight before presenting his chin to be knocked out. It makes sense for Mayweather as he can quit in a way that none of his critics will be able to say anything.

517b8620-a2b7-459d-b140-c7c0bf81a991-620x414.jpeg

Sweet Jesus.

Seems a group of 'fans' are suing manny because of his shoulder injury. Seems they'd rather he pulled out of the fight with a couple of days to go, rather than fight through the pain barrier.

Floyd Mayweather Junior is a spineless cunt who is allowed to carefully pick his opponents.

He avoided Manny Pacquiao like the plague while the Filipino was at his peak, only agreeing to face him after he saw the deterioration in his opponent’s performances.
Amir khan isn’t a great fighter but the speed he demonstrated against Devon Alexander would give Mayweather problems, that’s why he won’t get a shot. The legends of boxing were never afraid to fight anyone, they sought the opportunity to prove they were the best. Mayweather’s legacy will always be tarnished by his fear of risking his unbeaten record.

Floyd Mayweather Junior is a spineless cunt who is allowed to carefully pick his opponents.

RN, he's fought Pacquaio, Hatton, De la Hoya, Marquez, Canelo, Cotto - And beat pretty much all of them comfortably. No one in their right mind would 'pick' to fight those guys, they were all brilliant fighters at the time he fought them all. Some in their prime, some not, but all still at least brilliant when he fought them. I can't stand mayweather, he's a cunt, but he's probably the best 'boxer' of our generation. I hate his style, but he is imperious at what he does. Lennox the cunt lewis was the same.

Amir khan isn’t a great fighter

True that

So Froch wants one more big pay day.

Carl Froch interested in Gennady Golovkin fight at Wembley
Britain's Carl Froch could fight middleweight king Gennady Golovkin rather than retire, according to Froch's promoter Eddie Hearn.
Froch was recently stripped of his WBA super-middleweight belt and was thought to be close to ending his career.
But Hearn said the 37-year-old is tempted by the prospect of one last big-money fight at Wembley Stadium.
"We have already opened negotiations with Golovkin's people and they are very keen," Hearn told the Daily Mail.
"I only want Carl to take it if he's genuinely motivated because it is a high-risk fight.

Golovkin knocked down Willie Monroe Jr three times before stopping him in the sixth round
"Golovkin is the most feared fighter in the world and Carl doesn't need this fight. But he says he is intrigued by how he would deal with him. He's crazy that way."
Kazakhstan's Golovkin, 33, is the WBA middleweight champion and is unbeaten in 33 professional fights, including 30 knockouts.
Last Saturday he stopped American Willie Monroe Jr in Los Angeles and in his previous fight he beat Britain's Martin Murray, also inside the distance.
But he has struggled to secure big-money fights at middleweight and his promoter, Tom Loeffler, says he is willing to move up to 168lb to land a lucrative match with Froch.
Froch has not fought since knocking out domestic rival George Groves in front of 80,000 at Wembley last summer.
He has already confirmed he is not interested in fighting the winner of Saturday's IBF super-middleweight title fight between Britain's James DeGale and Andre Dirrell in Boston

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/32828185 [/enq]

Good result for De Gale tonight, although I think one of the judges at least was on drugs. It was a close fight and he had De Gale 8 rounds up!
Not sure about De Gale acting the cunt a bit on the post fight interview, was just like listening to naseem hamed all over again.

That's yer man though. DeGale's always had that side to him - it just hasn't been in front of us all the time because he hasn't been successful enough to feature in the media that much up till now. Even so, credit where it's due - I didn't see him going Stateside and beating one of theirs in a world title fight.

Back
Top Bottom