• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Boxing please

I forgot to add to this thread after the weekend, Joshua is a fucking beast. He'll have a world title round his waist inside the next 18months I'd have thought.
He defo needs a fight now against a Lennox Lewis/Mayweather bastard though, that has no intention of fighting but wants to piss about jabbing him and then running away for 12 rounds, to see how he gets on in deeper water. If they keep feeding him up these fat bums that are happy to get ko'd in the first 3 rounds then he's not going to learn much for when he comes up against WIlder or Klitschko etc.
They're talking about a fight against Price, but he's fucking useless, Anthony will have him on his arse inside 3 also. I'm not quite sure who's out there that fits the bill that would take the fight, no one wants to risk getting ko'd by a 25yr old.

Mayweather vs Berto on Sept 12th then. What a twat. Fighting some bum who's lost 3 of his last 6 and his last fight against a top 10 opponent was about 6 years ago against Urango. Unless Mayweather is full of shit and is planning to fight Manny again and is using this as a warm up, then it's a complete farce and disrespects his legacy somewhat.

Those numpties Durham and Gough on Talksh!te Drivetime were wondering earlier if this means Mayweather's scared of Khan. Whatever they're smoking, I'll have lots.

Those numpties Durham and Gough on Talksh!te Drivetime were wondering earlier if this means Mayweather's scared of Khan. Whatever they're smoking, I'll have lots.
Khan, he with the glass chin? That Khan?

The very same. I know they're always out to be rabble-rousers on that station (Durham more than most) but this really is above and beyond.

Scared of Khan? Genghis fucking Khan? These are the same pair of clowns that think rooney is the greatest striker of all time and never plays bad ever.

Wow.
That's the most cringey press conference ever.
Fury really is a fucking divvy.
Hope he gets battered.

Reports that Mayweather and Pacman are in negotiations for a rematch. I hope so. I still hold hope that pacman can be the one man that has the tools to beat him, there's no one else out there that can.

Golovkin would beat Mayweather. He said he would drop weight for the fight. Mayweather won't take it as it's too dangerous a fight for him.

Reports that Mayweather and Pacman are in negotiations for a rematch. I hope so. I still hold hope that pacman can be the one man that has the tools to beat him, there's no one else out there that can.

I don't think your hope is soundly based, I'm afraid. For me it was pretty clear last time that Manny's chance to beat Mayweather (and there was a period earlier in their careers when I think he did have such a chance) is long gone.

Golovkin would beat Mayweather. He said he would drop weight for the fight. Mayweather won't take it as it's too dangerous a fight for him.

As much as I love GGG, I don't think he would stand much of a chance against mayweather for two reasons. 1. He's not fought any top level opponents yet in his career, let alone one the best boxers of a generation, and 2. he's never had to fight anyone that was happy to punch in him in the face once then run away for the rest of the round, for 12 rounds - it is incredibly difficult to fight a fighter with this style.

GGG dominates fighters that come and are happy to have a scrap, mayweather is about as far from that as you can get.

I don't think your hope is soundly based, I'm afraid. For me it was pretty clear last time that Manny's chance to beat Mayweather (and there was a period earlier in their careers when I think he did have such a chance) is long gone.

I don't know. I'm still hoping. I think the only possible way to beat mayweather is to swarm him for 12 rounds, with a million wasp like stings, and there's only one top boxer left on the planet that can do that. I don't see any other way to beat him, so it's manny or nothing for me.
And for the record, I don't think that manny was that far off where he needed to be tactics was and performance wise for that fight, so you never know, a fit injured manny might have done it. It wasn't like he got mullered for 12 rounds, he did lose, but not 12-0 and convincingly.

Looks like ward has a fight lined up to go up a weight class and fight kovalev. That could be nasty. Ward has his warmup first fight booked at 175 ready for it next year. Not sure why he's moving up, maybe he's struggling to cut, there's only kovalev and stevenson up there really.

It looks like khan might be getting a shot at pacquiao on april the 9th, god knows how/why. At least we get to see khan on his arse again though! I was kinda hoping this talk of him/crawford was to flush mayweather out, but it seems not.

He's got a puncher's chance against the 2015 version of Pacquiao, but if his chin meets Manny's right hand there'll only be one winner.

Yep, it was a convincing win to say the least.

I know a couple of people would spent hundreds to go see that.

Some talk this morning of Froch making a comeback to fight DeGale for the IBF belt.

IMO in Froch's pomp he'd have been the clear favourite to win but, at his age, will the layoff have blunted him just a bit too much?

Some talk this morning of Froch making a comeback to fight DeGale for the IBF belt.

IMO in Froch's pomp he'd have been the clear favourite to win but, at his age, will the layoff have blunted him just a bit too much?
He's making a mistake coming back. But then all boxers do, sadly.

I'm not sure what DeGale has done to upset him, but he's said that if DeGale wins the 2nd belt, then he'll come back to beat him and take both off him. He's got a stunning missus and millions in the bank, he must be mad. He did mention that if he didn't do this he'd probably continue playing poker - so sounds like he's got money management issues and will end up with nothing.

On the radio this morning they suggested DeGale has effectively been baiting Froch by fighting some of Froch's more recent opponents and not being slow to point out that he's beaten them more quickly and easily. I haven't heard all this myself so I can't comment directly but, if it's true, it sounds like a bit of a campaign to get the fight on.

Incidentally I spoke earlier today to a mate who's a local amateur boxing trainer, and he reckons Froch will probably still have too much for DeGale, based on DeGale having been beaten by Groves who was then beaten twice by Froch, despite Froch having been on the canvas. He may well be right, but DeGale's a better fighter now than he was when Groves took him down.

Last edited:
I thought the Cotto Canelo fight on Saturday was pretty good. Felt a bit sorry for Cotto, one of my favourites, as some of the judges were taking the piss giving Canelo, another one of my favourites, like 9 or 10 rounds, no way. Problem for Cotto was that Canelo hits so hard with both hands, and he considerably bigger, I knew he'd struggle straight away, Cotto is awesome going forward, not so much going backwards, and he just couldn't back Canelo up with that power and ability.
It seems the wbc are being cunts as usual, apart from stripping Cotto before the fight as he wouldn't give them 300k, they're now telling Canelo that if he doesn't sign the Golovkin fight (although Golovkin is in the weight class above!) within 14days they'll strip him of the belt too! Ludicrous. Saying that, a Canelo Golovkin fight at catchweight would be awesome, two big hitters.

Yeah, I like Cotto as a fighter too. That was a shame.

Didn't Klitschko and Fury sign for their fight today? Klitschko's going to marmalise him.

Yeah, I like Cotto as a fighter too. That was a shame.

Didn't Klitschko and Fury sign for their fight today? Klitschko's going to marmalise him.
Yep, looking forward to it. You've just reminded me I need to sign up for my sat sub to get the fight in HD (it's ridiculous that virgin done get ppv in HD!).

Last edited:
I give up if that fat pikey cunt beats Klitschko, it'll be a disgrace to the sport. He comes into his 6wk camp at 23stone, so his team instead of spending time on boxing and strategy have to get the idiot through fat club, then he doesn't train outside of this. He only able to box as he's stupidly tall and throws out a jab against mickey mouse opponents. Surely Wlad has to destroy him bar a disaster. He's promised to retire if he loses this fight but I can't see him keeping his word.

Dc73js.gif

Back
Top Bottom