• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Boxing please

Lol seems that going up in weight caused him to miscalculate the dose needed at the end of his cycle. He'll have to play the trans card, I can't see any other option or way for him to take people for clowns.

It's clickbait, he was found with the substance Clomifene in his system which is used in fertility.

Not classed as prohibited by UKAD which is the agency the boxing board go by.

Sure, ok, I guess, well, you know what let's break that down a little bit. So he either took the fertility drug because he intends to birth a child out of his penis in the near future, which is a totally valid explanation these days, who are we to misgender him? Or maybe, this is out there but stay with me here, maybe he took it in order to restore his testosterone levels back to normal after being on steroids, which is a perfectly valid explanation for why he's suddenly built like a fucking animal. Who knows? I for one hope it's the former, and wish him my best in his journey to motherhood.

Sure, ok, I guess, well, you know what let's break that down a little bit. So he either took the fertility drug because he intends to birth a child out of his penis in the near future, which is a totally valid explanation these days, who are we to misgender him? Or maybe, this is out there but stay with me here, maybe he took it in order to restore his testosterone levels back to normal after being on steroids, which is a perfectly valid explanation for why he's suddenly built like a fucking animal. Who knows? I for one hope it's the former, and wish him my best in his journey to motherhood.

The drug stimulates testosterone levels not help restore it to normal.....

& if you followed Conor's career at all you'd see how in shape he was for every fight & how hard he works in camp, these guys train 6 days a week.....Anyone could be built like he is now doing half the work in the gym.

Well either way it needs to be cleared up, Why is he cleared to compete with UKAD but not VADA?

UKAD don't have the money to do sufficient random testing, and don't have the money to keep their list of banned substances up to date with the latest techniques. This is why for big fights, the boxers sacrifice money out of their own pockets to pay VADA to do more frequent random testing. He popped on the VADA test because it was done earlier during his training camp. He obviously mistimed how long it would take to flush the substances out of his system. By the time UKAD get around to their test, he was probably clean, or else they didn't test for this fertility drug.

It's a complete clown show, they're all on steroids. Just look at him, moving up weights like it's nothing. When he was a kid he couldn't knock out a fly. Suddenly he becomes jacked and lays out people like algieri and that south african dude who were both levels above him. Seems legit.

UKAD don't have the money to do sufficient random testing, and don't have the money to keep their list of banned substances up to date with the latest techniques. This is why for big fights, the boxers sacrifice money out of their own pockets to pay VADA to do more frequent random testing. He popped on the VADA test because it was done earlier during his training camp. He obviously mistimed how long it would take to flush the substances out of his system. By the time UKAD get around to their test, he was probably clean, or else they didn't test for this fertility drug.

It's a complete clown show, they're all on steroids. Just look at him, moving up weights like it's nothing. When he was a kid he couldn't knock out a fly. Suddenly he becomes jacked and lays out people like algieri and that south african dude who were both levels above him. Seems legit.

So if all this is true and god knows how you know this much about doping agencies, how does that explain the British Board's choice of agency to go with, which has been revealed to be UKAD.....Why have they taken a decision based on a voluntary test from before to cancel the fight?

So if all this is true and god knows how you know this much about doping agencies, how does that explain the British Board's choice of agency to go with, which has been revealed to be UKAD.....Why have they taken a decision based on a voluntary test from before to cancel the fight?

I would guess the media outrage is why they acted. Optics. I have my sources. Namely Pauli Mallignaggi who for the last 6/7 years regularly froths about how dirty modern boxing is.

ha-smirk.gif

Money talks although I just commented half hour ago to Eddie's Hearn FB post that there's no chance he'd use a foreign governing body....

No different to the FA, authority figures who only care about money and not the welfare of the athletes.

It's a good thing then that Eddie Hearn is just an employee, who if he refuses to perform his duty as a promoter, would take about two minutes to fire and replace with someone less woke.

Employee to who?

He's impossible to fire, him and his family been running boxing for the last however many decades now.

The only people that have the power to remove him are the court of arbitration, no?

Employee to who?

He's impossible to fire, him and his family been running boxing for the last however many decades now.

The only people that have the power to remove him are the court of arbitration, no?

Fair point. It's a bunch of commercial contracts rather than an employment contract, those contracts can't be fulfilled due to the commission refusing to sanction it, which will inflict financial damages upon the other parties to that contract, the broadcaster, the venue, the sponsors. You have a duty to mitigate those damages, you can't just throw you hands up when there's a problem and watch the whole thing collapse. You have to salvage what you can, or else your neck is on the line for the damages. So deciding not to use an alternative commission would mean matchroom being liable for pretty much the entirety of the lost revenue. Even Conor Ben would have an arguable claim against them in this case. The only way out of that is for Hearn to resign, release everyone from the contract, and put the ball in their court to use a different promoter or handle it themselves.

He had a way out initially if he played the health and safety card, and said the intention of the VADA test was to ensure a clean fight, which it was obviously. Alas him flapping his gums over the levels being low and the medical advice being fine with it has taken away that excuse. Legally there's no safety issue to point to. So to now back out of the contract and turn down a perfectly safe alternative based on nothing but your feels and optics isn't going to fly if someone decides to sue.

"Please don't sue us, it's not our fault, honest gov, it's the commission, they didn't follow the procedure, sue them instead, we're just innocent victims" lol

It's the right thing to do, finally came to their senses.

All the legal & scientific shit no one wants to hear, sort that stuff out in the background.

Imagine the backlash had this fight gone ahead, truth is they've saved themselves a further world of trouble.

They didn't come to their senses. It will pain you to learn the failed test was informed to all the parties over two weeks ago. Everyone's senses were unmoved for that entire time, because the money is what counts. It is only after some rat leaked the test results to the papers yesterday that they have been sent into a panic and been forced to take a hilariously bad legal decision at the last minute, fucking over everyone who paid, booked hotels, and all the people on the undercard.

The only person who had any sense was whoever the whistleblower was, without whom the clown show would have happened and the public would have been parted from their money under clown pretences, never being none the wiser about this act of robbery. That's the lesson to learn, whistleblowers are important.

My question isn't why he's got a tattoo of Benn on the whole side of his body but why he wanted to get a 60 year old looking Benn instead of a 25 year old 1?

& it's not a case of the tattoo artist doing a bad job because he would've seen a sketch in the mirror how it wouldv'e looked before he got the laser out his pocket.

Some interesting points he does make, whether they do it knowingly or not there must be a lot of fighters out there that take some form of PED.....I'd even go as far to say as many as 1 in 5.

In Benn's case (& if what his Doctor is saying is true) he couldv'e easily been vada tested 24 hours after he was & shown up negative......still don't mean the Clemofine wasn't consumed in the first place.

@dantes Were you 1 of those who were against the fight taking place from the off?

Some interesting points he does make, whether they do it knowingly or not there must be a lot of fighters out there that take some form of PED.....I'd even go as far to say as many as 1 in 5.

In Benn's case (& if what his Doctor is saying is true) he couldv'e easily been vada tested 24 hours after he was & shown up negative......still don't mean the Clemofine wasn't consumed in the first place.

@dantes Were you 1 of those who were against the fight taking place from the off?

No, I thought it was an interesting fight of the sort that celebrities put on. I have no real sporting interest in modern boxing, it doesn't compare to UFC as a competitive contest, it's just circus style entertainment.

Eubank is most likely on something too, so the fight wasn't a moral disgrace for me. I was just happy to see it collapse due to the entertaining interviews and anguish of all involved trying to squirm their ways out of trouble. That turned out more entertaining than the fight itself would have been, so win-win.

I have no real sporting interest in modern boxing, it doesn't compare to UFC as a competitive contest
UFC doesn't have the build up or the media influence behind it the way boxing does Imo, which is why it'll always be the #1 combative sport....in the UK at least.

Although it's more brutal and you can use ...most parts? of your body the fight just isn't long enough whereas for me boxing requires a lot more skill.

UFC doesn't have the build up or the media influence behind it the way boxing does Imo, which is why it'll always be the #1 combative sport....in the UK at least.

Although it's more brutal and you can use ...most parts? of your body the fight just isn't long enough whereas for me boxing requires a lot more skill.

It looks more brutal, but it's far safer than boxing because you're not being consistently punched in the head for twelve rounds, and your chances of dying as a result are therefore far lower.

Back
Top Bottom