• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Brendan Rodgers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. But even if he did cost £25m, I don't get the issue. £10m, £15m or £25m. He'll be a good player and will improve us.

Because it comes at a cost. How do people fail to understand this? Could we have got a similar player for half the price? Would we not then have been able to spend that money on, say, a top keeper? Would that not have been good?

Because it comes at a cost. How do people fail to understand this? Could we have got a similar player for half the price? Would we not then have been able to spend that money on, say, a top keeper? Would that not have been good?

Well, obviously.

But Rodgers buys players and builds a team he thinks capable of winning trophies. The owners back him and if he fails, he falls on his sword. It's that simple. Seemingly we've quiffed over a few million quid here or there in the past, and missed out on the player. We paid it this time. And good.

But, to be honest, Lallana is the least of my worries from the summer purchases. Right now, Markovic and Lovren for £20m each and Balotelli for 16 makes Lallana look like a freaking steal.

I think you've got a history of this. Across more than one forum.

Anyway, what does a £25m player look like? If you like Lallana as a player, the transfer fee is irrelevant, surely.

Lallana's a good player. He brings something to the team. Whether he was £15m or £25m is neither here nor there. Better players have gone for less. Lesser players have gone for more. There is no such thing as a 'x' million pound player. It's not an exact science.

First of all the transfer fee is never irrelevant.
So just because I love Carroll is it OK to pay £35 million for him?

Coutinho is one of my favourite players, let's give Inter another £10 million just because.

I really don't get that argument.

Also, look at Southampton, doomed to fail for loosing Lallana and co. Bought Tadic for half the price we bought Lallana for.

First of all the transfer fee is never irrelevant.

So just because I love Carroll is it OK to pay £35 million for him?

Coutinho is one of my favourite players, let's give Inter another £10 million just because.

I really don't get that argument.

Also, look at Southampton, doomed to fail for loosing Lallana and co. Bought Tadic for half the price we bought Lallana for.

OK. What is Lallana worth then?

Please show workings.

OK. What is Lallana worth then?

Please show workings.

I would say about £12m, based on around 6 years of potential service at roughly £2m a season. That annual amount is about the max I'd be willing to pay for someone of his good but not great level. I could perhaps stretch to 15 given that he's right in his prime so there's less money tied up in long term potential. Any more is really taking the piss IMO.

I would say about £12m, based on around 6 years of potential service at roughly £2m a season. That annual amount is about the max I'd be willing to pay for someone of his good but not great level. I could perhaps stretch to 15 given that he's right in his prime so there's less money tied up in long term potential. Any more is really taking the piss IMO.

hmmm.

who did I compare him with? Benayoun and Garcia. He's about their level imo.

Also he's about their age when they joined.

I can tell you now, the transfer market doesn't work like that. At all.

That you think it does is probably why you are struggling with the fee we paid for Lallana. So, it makes some sense at least!

I can tell you now, the transfer market doesn't work like that. At all.

That you think it does is probably why you are struggling with the fee we paid for Lallana. So, it makes some sense at least!

How does it work? Please enlighten me?

You're telling me that skill and age doesn't matter?

How does it work? Please enlighten me?

Well supply and demand is obviously a huge factor. Being English and premiership proven are also others. Length of contract will be involved. The player wanting a move would influence price also.

What has no absolutely bearing on anyone's value is the cost of a transfer made nine years ago.

We should change the name of this forum to the 'Is Lallana good value' forum.

Boring fuckers.

Well supply and demand is obviously a huge factor. Being English and premiership proven are also others. Length of contract will be involved. The player wanting a move would influence price also.

What has no absolutely bearing on anyone's value is the cost of a transfer made nine years ago.

All good reasons for staying away then. "Premiership proven" is a fucking scam. It's been debunked time and time again.

All good reasons for staying away then. "Premiership proven" is a fucking scam. It's been debunked time and time again.

Has it?

Ultimately anything is worth what someone is willing to pay. And I'd rather the club pay the extra whatever pounds so the manager (whoever it is) gets his first choices rather than fannying around.

Btw I really do think Mr Rodgers is a victim of his own success.
From where we were to 2nd last year and currently top 5 and in Europe again. I think people have forgotten quite what a miracle he has worked here.

I'll bitch and moan about results and performances but the man has all the time in the world as far as im concerned.
Realistically this season should have been last season. We should have been fighting for top 4 and hopefully a decent cup run last year, not competing for the title and smashing teams 5-0 every week.
Hes shown enough to me to show that he can get this shit right. Balotelli looks a big error right now but this is a man who fucked off 35m worth of Andy Carroll for a loss and bombed out his vice captain. Im pretty sure hes a ruthless fucker when needs be.

Mr Rodgers is a legend. He'll get it right.

Btw I really do think Mr Rodgers is a victim of his own success.
From where we were to 2nd last year and currently top 5 and in Europe again. I think people have forgotten quite what a miracle he has worked here.

I'll bitch and moan about results and performances but the man has all the time in the world as far as im concerned.
Realistically this season should have been last season. We should have been fighting for top 4 and hopefully a decent cup run last year, not competing for the title and smashing teams 5-0 every week.
Hes shown enough to me to show that he can get this shit right. Balotelli looks a big error right now but this is a man who fucked off 35m worth of Andy Carroll for a loss and bombed out his vice captain. Im pretty sure hes a ruthless fucker when needs be.

Mr Rodgers is a legend. He'll get it right.
People suggesting we need to change him are embarrassing themselves, that's Chelsea level shit, he's got some problems, sure, but he needs to work through them, not be lynched.

People suggesting we need to change him are embarrassing themselves, that's Chelsea level shit, he's got some problems, sure, but he needs to work through them, not be lynched.
Have people said that?

fred-rogers.png

Yep he's a legend

The only difference between this time last year and now are the results aren't as good. That's it. Our performances weren't great this time last year too but we had Sturridge and Suarez to carry us.

We had all sorts of problems in defense and midfield but in the end, Brendan managed to get the team playing some of the best football I've seen from a Liverpool team since when 88.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom