• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Brentford (A) - Sat 12:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to see Gravy put in a proper shift
That was competent. He still seems to think that putting in one challenge is enough instead of continually harrying and hustling to win the ball back. Needs lessons from Endo, Diaz Robbo and Harvs

So, I only could listen via radio and it wasn't the most descriptive, so can anyone answer these questions:

How did Diaz look? He sounded lively but more often than not attacks seemed to break down.
How was gravy? I heard him mentioned when he came on for Jones and that was it
Was endo as good as the radio made him sound? He sounded like he was everywhere
Wee Bradley; did he do good? They raved about a few instances, but how was he defensively?
Did Nunez look like he had a knock pre half time? Or we thinking precautionary?

So, I only could listen via radio and it wasn't the most descriptive, so can anyone answer these questions:

How did Diaz look? He sounded lively but more often than not attacks seemed to break down.
Wee Bradley; did he do good? They raved about a few instances, but how was he defensively?

Diaz, Bradley and Gravy all had good games. Diaz was really lively.

No word on Nunez yet. Lets hope tactical

They all played well. Diaz and Endo did what they usually do, Bradley defensively sound got forward a few times, created a great chance for himself in the first half.
Nunez played well too, great finish for the first goal.
He didn't look injured when he went off so I guess it was precautionary

Diaz was very good.
Gravy was good.
Endo was brilliant but should have been sent off.
Bradley along with Robertson was lively. Could have had a goal.
Nunez didn’t look injured.
Salah is back!! Goal and sublime assist!

Diaz same as usual for 65 mins - seemed to take a 10 role for last half hour and was good. He’s a terrier!
Gravenberch - see above comment. Competent but nowhere near the right level of combat for this league
Endo - covered huge amount of ground and made it very hard for Brentford to play through
Bradley - inverted to midfield in possession. Macca had to bail him out a couple of times. Attecking excellent
Nunez - walked off at HT chatting to Salah. Looked fine

Some great goals in that game, still very nervous about our fixtures away. More of the same please. Our control of the game is the best I have seen so far this season and mainly due to Endo, who I think should have been MOM.

LFC Transfer Room
@LFCTransferRoom

According to
@USANetwork
— In the tunnel it was visible that Diogo Jota had ‘stud marks’ on his knee which most likely came from the impact he had on the pitch. More to come..

Klopp says he is "not sure" if Núñez is injured after an issue in the first half, but says they decided anyway to play it safe and bring Gakpo on.

Precaution then

Have to say we looked a bit more smooth in possession and attack in the 2nd half after all the enforced changes. Gravenberch, Gakpo and of course Salah added a bit of class in possession and ability to turn defence into attack instantly.

Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatings time.

Kelleher 7 - Few cracking saves, nothing he could do with the rebound.....steady eddy.

Bradley 8 - The mental fortitude on this kid to perform the way he did despite what he's gone through recently is remarkable, another exceptional performance.
Ibou 6 - Too many silly decisions, slides in when he shouldn't slide in, steps out of defence when he needs to hold his position. Gives away too many fouls by focusing on the man over the ball.
Virgil 8.5 - Lead by example out there, unlucky not to score for the icing on the cake.
Robbo 7 - Set pieces were good, lucky not to give away a pen I thought but you can see he's getting closer to full fitness.

Endo 8.5 - Yes Froggy, he did have another exceptional game regardless of the few fouls he gave away. Instrumental to our play.
Mac 7 -Struggled first half, unbelievable 2nd capped off with a lovely team goal.
Jones 6 - Shame about the injury although didn't think he was up to much the time he was won.

Jota 8 - Started sloppy with his passing but then went on a few runs where you think ok then, then the flick on for the assist where you think how the fuck.....then the inevitable injury.
Nunez 8 - Incredible finish, a world class finish from a world class striker. Pops up everywhere and gets involved with great effect.
Diaz 7 - Should he have had a pen? Not too sure. Wasn't the most threatening but kept the ball well, worked his usual socks off and battled away. Little fortutous to get the assist to Gakpo given Brentford's poor defending but they all count.

Grav 8 - Brilliant when he came on.
Salah 8 - Can't argue with a goal and an assist, minus 1 for the miss.
Gakpo 7 - +1 for the goal

Solid, professional performance and we were clinical when it mattered. The first goal unlocked the game and then Brentford had no answers.

Sadly the Jota injury, if as serious as it looked, will likely cost us some silverware. He's too important for it not to. Gakpo and Diaz are going to have to step their numbers up.

Nunez and Salah looking impressive. Bradley continues to grow in confidence and put on a decent display after clearly a distressing time.

I know Endo gave away a few cheap balls but he basically stopped Brentford from playing, it wasn’t a dominant display but he’s so key in how we play.

MOTM for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom