• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Brentford (A) - Sat 12:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizzle

Deposed match thread starter
Back to the early kick off slot, and away to Brentford who look mildly rejuvenated with Toney & Maupay as a pesky front 2.

We don't have many options for this - with injuries & absences to key players (who all play on the right hand side of our team!).

I would love Bradley to be back, but starting Gomez at RB (assuming he is recovered from flu) would also be fine. Elliot was a great sub, and I would stick to that role in an away game and keep it relatively combative in the middle to start.

Alisson

Gomez
Konate
Virgil
Robbo

Endo
Macca
Jones

Diaz
Jota
Nunez

This would be a great time to get Bradley back in the squad and on the bench. I also feel we might need to start thinking about another forward to rotate into the front three with Mo still out to ensure we don't burn out in the run of games up until playing City. Worth noting the Europa League knock out first leg will be mid week before we play City. Wise rotation is key - sweating Jota in particular is not. But saying that - he needs to start every league game.

This is the ultimate disrespect we could've ever shown Brentford, watch us lose this now.

giphy.gif

Brentford 14th - WLLWL

Toney being back makes them a different beast but we still should be putting these away comfortably. If memory serves Brentford plays very direct, especially against the bigger teams. Trent being out may even do us a favour in this regard. Hopefully, Bradley can be involved at some stage. Mac still needs to find his feet as an 8 for us, but he's still probably the best option, although after Elliott's performance, few could begrudge giving him another chance as a starter.

---------------------Allison----------------
Gomez---Konate-------VVD------Robertson
-------------------Endo-----------------------
---------Mac---------------Jones------------
---Jota----------Nunez------------Diaz

Alisson Gomez Konate Virgil Robbo Endo Mac Jones Salah Nunez Diaz

Team picks itself, if Salah not ready from the start then Jota. Endo and Mac in double pivot please.

A very tricky team to pick for this fixture. If Bradley is back I'd start him. If Mo is back he'll be on the bench for sure, and not thrown in.

That midfield three were pathetic in the first half vs Burnley. BURNLEY!

I simply couldn't start them again.

Bradley ---Konate-------VvD------Robertson
---------------------- Mac -----------------------
--------- Elliott -------------- Jones------------
---Jota-------------Nunez------------Diaz

Going overboard here Froggy.

They were all as bad as the other with the exception of Kelleher, it's the same old first half trope we've been serving all season long.

That midfield 3 (albeit with a few tweaks) also played and finished the 2nd half.

Forest have really quick forwards. They will try to hit us on the counter. I really want Gomez and Konate on the pitch.

Edit: Ok so apparently it's Brentford, doesn't matter, that inverted shite cam fuck off. Play Gomez.

Last edited:
Lol, I keep confusing Brentford and Forest
Not really that bothered with Brentford's attack tbh other than the obvious threat. Mbeumo isn't back for a while yet, for me it's about breaking through the negative approach of the Danish Southgate. Their midfield 3 offer good defensive stability + the big 3 CB's, can see this being a frustrating somewhat boring watch.

Going overboard here Froggy.

They were all as bad as the other with the exception of Kelleher, it's the same old first half trope we've been serving all season long.

That midfield 3 (albeit with a few tweaks) also played and finished the 2nd half.
If by tweak you mean moving Jones to RB and bringing in Elliott .. more than a tweak no?
Mac didn't get any service from the back (as the most advanced if the three) and that may also be said of Jones - though that wasn't their only issues.
Endo though saw plenty of the ball and did nothing with it - plus he was waltzed past plenty, not so much in the 2nd but even then it still happened.

I wouldn't be prepared to chance another first half performance like Burnley. If we had that again Toney would bury us.

A very tricky team to pick for this fixture. If Bradley is back I'd start him. If Mo is back he'll be on the bench for sure, and not thrown in.

I simply couldn't start them again.

Bradley ---Konate-------VvD------Robertson
---------------------- Mac -----------------------
--------- Elliott -------------- Jones------------
---Jota-------------Nunez------------Diaz
I think Endo is essential for teams that will want to counter like Brentford will. Would like to see Mac in double pivot on left or Elliott on the right.

I think Endo is essential for teams that will want to counter like Brentford will. Would like to see Mac in double pivot on left or Elliott on the right.
The only double pivot we ever play is when Trent moves central so you and Binomial are going to be disappointed.

Added to which Mac has been superb at #6 since coming back from injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom