• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

But what about City? WHAT ABOUT CITY!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beamrider

Well-Known
Revenues

Like all fascinating financial stories, this one begins with a chart. Or it would if I knew how to post it. So you’ll just have to follow the numbers.

EDIT - thanks @Dee for helping me sort this.

sPBNzYA.jpg

The chart is all about commercial revenue. With media revenues controlled centrally by UEFA / the Premier League, and matchday revenues largely static due to fan pressure on pricing and infrastructure / demand limitations on hospitality, commercial revenue is the key thing that can drive growth in revenues and which is in the control of individual clubs.

I’ve presented revenues for City, United and us. United were ahead of the game, and back in 2007 their revenues dwarfed City’s and significantly out-performed ours, although the relative numbers back in those days were much smaller than today’s.

City were taken over by ADUG in August 2008, so 2009 is the first year where their finances were substantially managed by their new owners.

From 2009 to 2022, City’s commercial revenues grew by £261m (from £48m to £309m), United by £188m (£70m - £208m), us by £187m (£60m - £247m). Or in percentage terms, 615%, 303% and 395%. Or effective annual growth of 15.4%, 10.6% and 11.4%.

Those figures wouldn’t stack up even if City were a storied club with major global reach and a worldwide network of fanatical supporters. Picture those scenes of fans in the Far East going all Beatlemania when we or United come to town. Have you ever seen those scenes where the predominant colour is sky blue? Of course you haven’t.

The fair value question

The argument against this unrealistic growth in City’s revenue is that the sponsorship is from friendly companies and should be reflected at fair value. The problems with this, in as much as they affect a panel enquiry are:
  • City deny there is any connection between, for example, Etihad Airways (headquartered in Abu Dhabi, government owned until October 2022) and City (owned by prominent Abu Dhabi politician and businessman, Sheikh Mansour).
  • City deny that the sponsorship agreement is overpriced.
Even if 1 can be proved, the second point is really subjective. To the man on the Clapham omnibus (or the keyboard warrior on 6CM) it’s pretty obvious that the value is way off. However, this is the point where economists get involved. At this stage, expert witnesses will come into play and the most likely source of such advisers is from the world of taxation.

GEEK SECTION

In global taxation, there is a concept called transfer pricing. Most mainstream economies have rules in their tax legislation which essentially state that transactions between related companies have to be recorded for tax purposes at their open market value. If we take Amazon as an example here, they have companies operating around the world as fulfilment agents – they run the local websites and fulfil the orders. You’d expect them to make a decent profit, and they actually do, until Amazon Luxembourg charge them a royalty fee for using the Amazon brand and central platform. Suddenly a large chunk of the profit moves into Luxembourg where it is taxed at, approximately, 0%.

So at this point, the local tax authorities should jump in with their transfer pricing rules and challenge the fees that have been charged to shift profit back into their territory where it will be taxed. Simple, right? So why hasn’t everyone done that? Because Amazon has the work of the world’s top economists supporting their fee and is happy to litigate forever rather than concede it’s wrong. If you ask these economists what the appropriate fee is, they will likely ask you “What do you need it to be?”.

And in this world of fair value, the focus is on finding comparable transactions that support your position, and there will always be someone who did a bad deal and overpaid massively for what they got (Chevrolet, anyone?).

Amazon will ultimately pay a small settlement, pat the authorities on the head and move on.

City will try to take the same approach.

END OF GEEK SECTION

Because the thing about fair market value is that you can find any number of people who will review the most outrageous fee structures and find a way to justify them. And proving that those opinions are bollocks, which they so obviously are, is practically impossible. And that is where the independent panel would find themselves if they pursue a basic challenge to the other-worldly rise in City’s commercial revenue.

That’s point one in why this thing has been taking so long. It can’t be definitively proved, on externally available evidence, that there is a connection between the companies, and even if it could, the argument about value is shades of grey, not black and white. Economists will usually come up with a permissible range, not a hard number.

BUT….
Der Spiegel and Football Leaks

At this point, it is time to take a trip to the tremendous work done by Der Spiegel in late 2018 – over five years ago and this still hasn’t been brough to bear.

The article I am referencing can be found here:

https://www.spiegel.de/internationa...-rules-to-the-tune-of-millions-a-1236346.html

It’s worth a read, and contains links to others I will reference in subsequent posts in this thread.

Sponsorship values

To cut to the chase, Der Spiegel reviewed the cache of documents dumped on the web by the Football Leaks hacker. The key documents they found that are relevant here are internal memos and emails from key Man City executives. As far as their sponsorship revenues are concerned, the main revelation is that City’s key sponsors were only self-funding a small part of their sponsorships. An internal document details the investment of ADUG into City up to the end of May 2012. Included in the table is an item described as “Supplement to Abu Dhabi partnership deals” which is stated at £149.5m (this is approximately half of City’s commercial revenue between 2009 and 2012). In essence, the documents support the view that ADUG was channelling funds through City’s major sponsors to enable them to pay the full amount of their sponsorships, but they were only bearing a small amount as a cost themselves. And it’s fair to suggest that the amount they were happy to bear themselves, is their assessment of the actual value of the deal they were getting. In the case of Aabar, they were paying £15m per annum, but only £3m was coming from their own funds. For Etihad, the numbers quoted were £8m from Etihad, £59.5m from ADUG.

None of this appears to establish that the sponsors were related to City, so they could still argue that the fair market value rules don’t apply. However, the Premier League’s rules (A.1.23) state that “in considering each possible Associated Party relationship, the League will direct its attention to the substance of the relationship and not merely the legal form” and goes on to talk about the ability to influence a party. So even if it can’t be shown there is common ownership or management, the fact that ADUG was able to persuade those companies to take part in the scheme should be enough.

From the Der Spiegel article: “When contacted for a response, Etihad said the financial obligations associated with the partnership with the club have always been and remain the airline's "sole liability and responsibility." You’ll note that they made no reference to whether they received money from ADUG or any other party to fund their “sole liability and responsibility”. It’s a carefully crafted statement that seems to say something it doesn’t actually say, like the £350m on that fucking bus.

City’s executives were quite happy to discuss this internally and via email because they thought those discussions would never come to light. Oops!

This is a virtual slam dunk for the panel. And it should be goodnight Vienna for City. And it should have been, 5 years ago, when it was first revealed.

Amending the agreements

There is further discussion of City encountering an FFP problem which they proposed to fix via retrospectively changing the, already over-priced, sponsorship deals to plug their earnings gap. Their problem arose because they had sacked Roberto Mankini (typo intended) on 14 May that year. They could have solved the problem by, checks notes, not sacking Mankini until the following financial year, but they weren’t bothered with that because they were happy to fix things however they wanted.

This is also a slam dunk for the panel, and proves that City’s sponsorship agreements were not worth the paper they were written on – totally uncommercial. Furthermore, from looking at the description in the Der Spiegel article, if the agreements were changed in the way they proposed, I think the accounting is questionable too.

The only slight caveat to all of this is that the documents Der Spiegel reports on don’t confirm that the changes to the agreement were ultimately made – this would need to be proved, but on the basis that City didn’t report an FFP failure, it seems likely that they did what they proposed, or else they found £10m down the back of the sofa in the CFO’s office.

It’s also likely that this issue in isolation wouldn’t cause a PSR problem for City because the concern about failing FFP was for UEFA’s rules, so they’d have been fine with the PL’s limits. The problem would be ethical, rather than financial.

However if we’re going to add back £75m+ per annum in over-valued sponsorship deals then they are well and truly shafted for PL rules.

Etihad are still their main sponsor, so this issue hasn’t gone away, and it’s still a problem for them.

The case for the defence

UEFA have been over some of this stuff, and initially booted City out of the Champions League, although they successfully appealed on technicalities, before ridiculously telling everyone they had been exonerated.

The basis of success of the appeal was that some of the issues were time-barred, covered by previous investigations (when City, presumably, didn’t make full disclosure of these issues, or managed to blind-side UEFA to their significance) and had only come to light as a result of a hack – the information on which UEFA needed to rely had been illegally obtained and was therefore inadmissible.

So why wouldn’t that apply to a PL investigation?

Firstly, the speculative bit. I’m going to assume that City have not volunteered the above information to the PL (they’ve been charged with failure to cooperate) and that they have provided financial information that did not make adjustments of their sponsorships to a fair value. They are required to do this, so the PL view will be that they have submitted false information.

Secondly, this information came to light via Der Spiegel in late 2018, and it looks like the Premier League commenced their investigations shortly afterwards. There’s a good chance that they will be able to bring charges to bear on the earlier years as they responded to information coming to light pretty quickly, so the Limitations Act might not apply to help City this time (and even if it does, some of these issues will be live within years that are not time-barred).

Thirdly, and this is my favourite bit, the Premier League’s rules state that normal rules on admissibility of evidence wouldn’t apply – evidence would not be struck out simply because it had been obtained illegally (via Football Leaks) provided it could be shown it was reliable. This wasn’t the case with the UEFA case.

The rule, W80, states “In the exercise of their powers under this Section of these Rules, a Commission or an Appeal Board shall not be bound by judicial rules governing the admissibility of evidence. Instead, facts relating to a breach of these Rules may be established by any reliable means.”

So City will need to prove that the Football Leaks information isn’t real or reliable. To date, they have stated that they consider the Football Leaks revelations to be a deliberate attempt to damage their reputation. But they have never stated that the documents aren’t genuine. I wonder why?

I’m sure there will be loads of other bits and bobs that I’m not aware of, or that haven’t come out yet, but those are the main points on over-statement of revenues.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know - you have to also consider the implications of the government getting involved simply because of how they have improved the area where the club is. Although this should be a straight forward football finance matter, I think it will be made into a broader issue, about how the club has done great things for the local community etc. Then the judge(s) will probably give them a 2 point deduction - which might be enough for us to win the league at the end of the season.

I don't know - you have to also consider the implications of the government getting involved simply because of how they have improved the area where the club is. Although this should be a straight forward football finance matter, I think it will be made into a broader issue, about how the club has done great things for the local community etc. Then the judge(s) will probably give them a 2 point deduction - which might be enough for us to win the league at the end of the season.
Like how everyone said Lance Armstrong should get away with it because he wrote a book which helped a load of cancer patients.

This is a great follow or read on Twitter in regards to this case:

Nick Harris
@sportingintel

There is also a massive (MASSIVE) political element to this case. Sheikh Mansour is the deputy PM of a significant political ally of the United Kingdom. Imagine if he and his club were shamed by multiple guilty verdicts. Unprecedented and unpalatable. 8/n
https://twitter.com/sportingintel
I've reported on City my whole working life. I knew, and know, people inside the club at all levels. I've been Khaldoon's guest in their directors' suite (albeit before I called them out). I have multiple sources who told me what really happened. 11/n

Man City's hierarchy realised around 2010 that they needed "accelerated investment' before UEFA's FFP came into force. Their solution was cooking the books. That was evident from their 2014 punishment onwards. It's all been in plain sight. 12/12

Thanks @Beamrider..that’s a brilliant synopsis for the layperson (like me)…

Out of interest, what do you ultimately think the penalty(ies) will be and when do you imagine they’ll be finalised?

Wages

WIMGzkp.jpg

Another chart. Hooray!

So the key thing to note here is the fairly steady growth in the wage bills for United and us across the period.

City, by contrast, show huge growth up to the end of 2013, and then, strangely, lower levels between 2014 and 206, before they shoot up again in 2017. How could this be?

Firstly, not to be too disingenuous, part of the leap in 2017 is because 2017 covers a period of 13 months, not 12, as City changed their year-end to 30 June from 31 May. This would have also driven a slightly higher loss in that period as they’d have had 13 months of costs, but only 12 months of football / media income as there would be pretty much no income for those areas in June with no matches being played.

Secondly, let’s see what our friends over at Der Speigel have to say.

https://www.spiegel.de/internationa...ght-against-financial-fairplay-a-1236347.html

In order to manage their finances through the choppy waters of FFP, City launched an initiative called “Project Longbow”, which was aimed at minimising their cost base. Nothing wrong with that, it’s something that all well-managed businesses do. Cut your actual spend and profit drops to the bottom line, job’s a good ‘un. Some of the less scrupulous business take things a step further and try to find ways to change the ways in which costs are accounted for, without necessarily reducing them (think about such famous businesses as Enron, as an example of this).

One element of City’s project leaned more towards the Enron school. Der Spiegel have unearthed papers showing what was proposed, but it isn’t clear whether this was ever implemented. However, if it was, it would explain the dip in wages at a time when the market trend, as evidenced by United and us, was upwards.

The issue in question concerned the image rights paid to City’s players, and their proposal to transfer those rights to a newly-established company. The sale of the rights would boost income, but would also transfer a chunk of the club’s wage costs to the new company. NB, they couldn’t do this with the player’s general wages as they have to be paid by the club. If someone else were paying the players for their footballing duties, that would breach FIFA’s third party ownership rules. However, paying their image rights, which are for non-playing duties, wouldn’t cause an issue.

The plan represented a bum deal for the company buying the rights. They would pay to buy them, then have to pay the annual fees to the players. They would, in theory, control the right to have players fulfil their commercial duties. So they could insist that City would pay them a fee every time a player made an appearance or posed for photos for a sponsor. But it was proposed that they wouldn’t do this. City would retain the right to carry on as normal, or to put it in layman’s terms, they cancelled their gym subscription but could still use the treadmill and the pool whenever they wanted, without charge. And how? Because the new company’s losses would be funded by, drum roll please, ADUG.

If they did this, it would have constituted a disguised subsidy of City by ADUG. If they prepared their books properly, they ought to have reflected the costs saved through this mechanism (for the geeks, Dr P&L, Cr Capital contribution reserve). And they would have then reflected the full costs for the image rights moved off book (so back to square one by virtue of honest accounting).

Like I say, Der Spiegel didn’t disclose evidence to prove that this was implemented, but they do report that it was (and they refer to City facilitating the relevant payments). The suggestion is that this saved around £11m per annum (or £33m towards the £105m limit, assuming it went on for at least three years).

The documents disclosed suggest that the structuring may have been implemented around February 2014, which tallies with the years in which wage costs dropped against the prevailing upward trend.

It’s possible that City unwound the structure for 2017 onwards (hence the big leap in wages compared to 2017) as it was around this time that clubs were negotiating a framework for treating image rights as non-taxable for the paying clubs, which couldn’t have applied to the new company they had set up.

Mankini’s contract

Roberto Mankini went out for lunch with the Man City board when they were recruiting him. He ordered the 12-day aged entrecôte and the City execs asked him if he would like something on the side… Allegedly.

It's been reported in various places that Mankini was paid an extra salary equal to more than he got from City (£1.75m v £1.45m) by Al Jazira Sports and Cultural Club, owned by, you guessed it, Sheikh Mansour. Mankini was paid for “consultancy”, which amazingly was worth more than his managerial duties at City. In the grand scheme, it’s small beer, but it’s indicative of an attitude to reducing costs by questionable means, and it would be interesting to take a look at Makini’s tax returns for the period.

Again, the same comments about admissibility apply to the above matters, and it’s possible there are plenty of other things that have gone on that we don’t know about.

But both of these things, if true, should result in serious sporting and financial sanctions for City.

I got 115 problems but the pitch ain’t one

So what will come of those 115 charges?

The most significant thing for me is that City have been charged with non-cooperation. So if the charges cannot be proved because they “no comment” everything or deny the allegations, it would still be open to the panel to hammer them without proving the charges if they consider City’s case isn’t clear-cut. They can hammer them for not cooperating. And I would not be surprised if the outcome is something like:
  • Most of the charges not proven due to inadequate evidence / testimony from City
  • Some accusations proven on the basis of Football Leaks information which City haven’t proven to be false
  • Additional sanctions to be imposed on the charges of non-cooperation on the basis that there were sufficient grounds for suspicion on the charges raised, and City should therefore have cooperated even if they (believed they) were innocent.
It is then open to the panel to impose whatever sanctions they consider fair. Even if City were genuinely exonerated on all counts, they could still impose punishment for failure to cooperate.

I hope the panel is brave and scrupulous enough to do what needs to be done.

Thanks @Beamrider..that’s a brilliant synopsis for the layperson (like me)…

Out of interest, what do you ultimately think the penalty(ies) will be and when do you imagine they’ll be finalised?
I've commented a bit at the end of my second post on what I think the outcome could be.
If the panel does its job and finds that the above is correct then I think they have to be looking at relegation and stripping of titles. However I have a suspicion that they won't re-award those titles to the clubs finishing second (just as the Tour de France now records "no winner" for the years where Armstrong was the original winner.
And I think the Premier League will need to agree some sort of financial settlement with the affected clubs, and send City the bill as a condition for re-entry to the League. Because the litigation for compensation, to which the panel opened the door in the Everton case, would otherwise go on for decades.
But that's all subject to "if the panel does its job". I'm not convinced that the rumours of governmental interference (by the UK government, at least) are true, but as much as I'd feel qualified to rule on this stuff, I wouldn't want to be on that panel and it will need very brave men and women to sit in judgment on this one.

They have to be kicked out of the league. Have to be. All the clubs signed up to the same premier league rules and not cooperating doesn't mean you get off with it Scott free. Relegation, points deductions, fines and titles stripped. If they want to prove their innocence then they need to cooperate

This is a great follow or read on Twitter in regards to this case:

Nick Harris
@sportingintel

There is also a massive (MASSIVE) political element to this case. Sheikh Mansour is the deputy PM of a significant political ally of the United Kingdom. Imagine if he and his club were shamed by multiple guilty verdicts. Unprecedented and unpalatable. 8/n
https://twitter.com/sportingintel
I've reported on City my whole working life. I knew, and know, people inside the club at all levels. I've been Khaldoon's guest in their directors' suite (albeit before I called them out). I have multiple sources who told me what really happened. 11/n

Man City's hierarchy realised around 2010 that they needed "accelerated investment' before UEFA's FFP came into force. Their solution was cooking the books. That was evident from their 2014 punishment onwards. It's all been in plain sight. 12/12
Yeah, Nick Harris is pretty good on all this stuff, and I suspect he knows quite a bit more than he's put into the public domain.
It will be interesting to see whether there is any follow-up from the hearings if there is alleged criminality in play (I find it hard to believe their won't be, and it seems to me that there is incorrect accounting based on the Der Spiegel allegations, which may in turn involve mis-leading their auditors). Ideally this would happen concurrently as it would be interesting to have the witnesses testify under oath at some stage (I don't believe the panel will require this).

I've commented a bit at the end of my second post on what I think the outcome could be.
If the panel does its job and finds that the above is correct then I think they have to be looking at relegation and stripping of titles. However I have a suspicion that they won't re-award those titles to the clubs finishing second (just as the Tour de France now records "no winner" for the years where Armstrong was the original winner.
And I think the Premier League will need to agree some sort of financial settlement with the affected clubs, and send City the bill as a condition for re-entry to the League. Because the litigation for compensation, to which the panel opened the door in the Everton case, would otherwise go on for decades.
But that's all subject to "if the panel does its job". I'm not convinced that the rumours of governmental interference (by the UK government, at least) are true, but as much as I'd feel qualified to rule on this stuff, I wouldn't want to be on that panel and it will need very brave men and women to sit in judgment on this one.
The Tour de France awarded no-winner because virtually all of the cyclists involved, or even close to winning were more juiced than a yoga class.

Here there is no suspicion of those in second.

The Tour de France awarded no-winner because virtually all of the cyclists involved, or even close to winning were more juiced than a yoga class.

There's not a team in the league which is squeaky clean, although with most of them it will be the odd dodgy agent payment or breaking rules on youth recruitment. But they are still rule breaches. The PL even offered an armistice on youth recruitment a few years ago so they could find out what was going on and how widespread it is.
My point is that sanctions are not just for PSR breaches, any breach of the rules could result in sporting sanction if the PL chooses to investigate and considers it serious enough. At the moment they choose to look the other way.

Yes but there is also precedent in Serie A where Juventus were stripped of their title in 2004-05. It wasn't awarded to Milan.

We are talking more years and more titles, but I suspect Beamrider will be correct if they strip the titles. They'll just show "not awarded" to the second team.

Oh, I think he's right too, I just don't think it's analogous to cycling.

City ruined the entire competitive landscape, just as Chelsea did. The fact that the league are having some halting, potentially abortive go of fixing it long after the fact is annoying to people, but their choice is to change what they are doing, or let club after club do exactly the same.

beamrider, really good work - would it be ok to share these great analyses beyond the walls of SCM?

We want to win titles not be awarded them...
As long if city are found guilty and are stripped of those titles and are kicked out of the league, that will be enough for me...

Oh, I think he's right too, I just don't think it's analogous to cycling.

City ruined the entire competitive landscape, just as Chelsea did. The fact that the league are having some halting, potentially abortive go of fixing it long after the fact is annoying to people, but their choice is to change what they are doing, or let club after club do exactly the same.
Kinda fine with Chelsea doing it. Man U would have had like 25 titles now otherwise

Yeah, Nick Harris is pretty good on all this stuff, and I suspect he knows quite a bit more than he's put into the public domain.
It will be interesting to see whether there is any follow-up from the hearings if there is alleged criminality in play (I find it hard to believe their won't be, and it seems to me that there is incorrect accounting based on the Der Spiegel allegations, which may in turn involve mis-leading their auditors). Ideally this would happen concurrently as it would be interesting to have the witnesses testify under oath at some stage (I don't believe the panel will require this).
So the hearings could open the door to tax evasion charges?

Yes but there is also precedent in Serie A where Juventus were stripped of their title in 2004-05. It wasn't awarded to Milan.

We are talking more years and more titles, but I suspect Beamrider will be correct if they strip the titles. They'll just show "not awarded" to the second team.
Which could open the door to us and others taking legal action to have the titles awarded? Since legally we would have won them fair and square.

Which could open the door to us and others taking legal action to have the titles awarded? Since legally we would have won them fair and square.

It's wishful thinking that would happen. IMO.

As others have pointed out. There is precedent for a title to be stripped and not reawarded. Not just in football.. but other sports too. So if the PL decide not to.. any legal action would be futile and costly.

And I know there is precedent the other way too.. think Athletics.

But, in this case, I don't think reawarding of titles will happen.

Happy to be wrong though.

Not for me. It would mean the 2nd placed club is denied their rightful spoils.
There is no enjoyment in retrospective title wins... Yes we deserved it but as a fan I want to revel in the win not recieve the title 3,4 or 5+ years later

On a separate note

What would the potential penalties for city in the years that they refused to work with the investigation and also the last 3 title wins and this season as if they are found guilty then their cheating then would have a direct impact on the seasons after the charges

An angle I have also thought would be interesting if there were ever 'power of the people' would be the players and staff in every team who came second to City launching a lawsuit for loss of earnings, related to bonuses they would get for winning the league.

Is this just weird wishful thinking @Beamrider or do you think that if City were stripped of their titles (even if it were recorded as "no winner") that something like this would be possible? I could imagine this being something fringe players with no honours might be more likely to do than more senior and well known players.

So the hearings could open the door to tax evasion charges?
If they’ve done stuff to create false profits / suppress losses then there wouldn’t be a (corporation) tax avoidance or evasion charge against the club, quite the opposite, they‘d have been reducing their tax losses (most clubs don’t make taxable profits and don’t tend to pay UK corporation tax). If you see a tax charge in their accounts, it’s usually foreign taxes.
However, if they have been disguising salary payments or paying them off-book, then there is a chance they could be done for payroll tax avoidance. And if the recipients of those payments haven’t declared them in their own returns then evasion is in point. I think the worst City would be charged with would be avoidance, so you’re looking at civil, not criminal charges, payment of arrears plus penalties, but no-one in the dock. There’s a good chance HMRC are all over that already. This kind of stuff goes in all the time and rarely comes to light in public.
But the hearings could open the door to false accounting charges, and misleading the auditors and that would be problematic for the directors. But they’d most likely be looking at fines / disqualification from holding office, rather than jail time.

An angle I have also thought would be interesting if there were ever 'power of the people' would be the players and staff in every team who came second to City launching a lawsuit for loss of earnings, related to bonuses they would get for winning the league.

Is this just weird wishful thinking @Beamrider or do you think that if City were stripped of their titles (even if it were recorded as "no winner") that something like this would be possible? I could imagine this being something fringe players with no honours might be more likely to do than more senior and well known players.
This occurred to me as well (yesterday, in fact). And it could be in play with the relegated clubs and Everton too - eg players with the relegated teams who took heavy pay-cuts due to being in the Championship. In City’s case, 2nd-placed teams’ players could think about suing for lost bonuses - I think the value of being deprived of honours is too remote. On the basis that it hasn’t happened yet with the relegated teams, I think it’s unlikely. My layman’s view (I consider myself a legally-literate accountant, but I’m not a lawyer) would be that those players have a cause of action, but I suspect the prospect of success is too remote for them / their lawyers to take action (or maybe they think Everton won’t have the means to pay the compensation if they go bust). That said, it could all change if Everton’s appeal goes against them - they might just be biding their time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom