• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Chelsea Fucked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still suprised at how potentially fucked Chelsea are.
Thought they would have somehow got out of this…

Following from @Beamrider 's post, here's a fascinating, BR-like Analysis of Chelsea's finances

Of particular interest, Chelsea was the largest loss-making team in 2021, with a loss of 156 million.

FNOokcAXIAA6N1E

No money, can they sell it question still
Rudiger, Christiansen, azpiliacueta out of contract in the summer.

They're gonna struggle

I need to see this rumour doing the rounds on there

Oooooh...actually I don't know you know...maybe watch them get all worked up over this, totally losing their shit as they realise the inevitable outcome, spluttering with rage as they complain about how unfair it all is. And then we rack up enough points that we would've beaten them anyway.

That might be even sweeter!

Would this actually happen?

**boner**
Been offline all afternoon.
If a club becomes insolvent, they will be suspended by the league and barred from playing games.
PL rules then say “For the purposes of the League competition, the Board shall have power to determine how the cancellation of a League Match caused by the suspension of one of the Clubs which should have participated in it shall be treated.”
This sounds like Pools Panel verdict for games not played rather than cancelling all results but can you imagine the shit fight if they did that and someone gets relegated (Brentford, Newcastle, Leeds, Everton, Watford) still have to play them) as a result, or misses out on Europe (Wolves, West Ham). It will end up in court, so cancellation of all results seems fairer. NB rules don’t explicitly say previous results still stand.
So strict application of the rules says this probably wouldn’t happen, but if any decisions get appealed to PL commission then all bets are off. So I think we should proceed on the basis this is the most likely outcome and start winding up City asap.

Surely the simplest solution is for a creditor or one of the directors to apply for the Club to be placed under judicial management. The club could continue either be sold or continue operating, spending only the income it generates, with no part of the proceeds going to Roman. If the club is sold, the proceeds can be held in escrow until the sanctions are lifted or there is an order for his assets to be seized (unlikely).

Subject to what Beamrider says about its finances, I think an argument can be made that Chelsea Football Club is a profitable concern in the mid to long term, so it is in the creditors' interest to preserve the value of the asset.
Chelsea is not profitable. They would need to totally change their business model to become a viable concern.
Best thing for creditors would be to try to set aside Abramovich’s right to repayment (not sure that would be possible) and dissolve the thing.
I think a sale or insolvency process is the only way they survive.

Last edited:
It's a bit of a shame that they are playing Norwich actually. Would be nice if they played a team that isn't completely useless, just to round off their miserable day with a massive beating.

Are there any seasons we finished 2nd to them?

Can't recall any, so they can keep their league titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom