• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Chelsea (H) - Weds 20:15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizzle

Deposed match thread starter
Back to the PL. A game under the lights after Klopp's announcement - I'm expecting a huge atmosphere.

Some key players are back, I don't expect all to start but some will. I think we'll see

Alisson

Trent
Konate
Virgil
Gomez

Mac Allister
Szobo
Jones

Diaz
Jota
Nunez

Let's see how we play, it's been great watching us play with width again in the past few games. Will we be back to Trent floating around CM again?

Either way, I think we'll do a job here. We should have beaten them earlier in the season, and need to make sure we put this one to bed early.

Back to the PL. A game under the lights after Klopp's announcement - I'm expecting a huge atmosphere.

Some key players are back, I don't expect all to start but some will. I think we'll see

Alisson

Trent
Konate
Virgil
Gomez

Mac Allister
Szobo
Jones

Diaz
Jota
Nunez

Let's see how we play, it's been great watching us play with width again in the past few games. Will we be back to Trent floating around CM again?

Either way, I think we'll do a job here. We should have beaten them earlier in the season, and need to make sure we put this one to bed early.

Yes, that will most likely be the line up.
Trent and Szobo will probably be subbed around the 60 minute mark, along with Jota.
Hopefully we'll be up by like 4 by then.

I just wonder if we hold Jota back and hope we don’t need him. Hate the thought of him taking a knock in such great form.

What's the point in having an in-form striker and not playing him in a game we need to win to stay top of the league?
I get what you're saying but I also get what @Markeh is saying.
Jota unfortunately played 90 mins yesterday. It's not ideal.

I get what you're saying but I also get what @Markeh is saying.
Jota unfortunately played 90 mins yesterday. It's not ideal.

Yes, agreed that was not ideal. However for the next two games we need to start our best players. If we need to rest legs ahead of Arsenal then we may be better off ear-marking Jota for an early sub.

Tricky games back to back. We have some 'fresh legs' coming back from injury but they are also players needing to get back into the groove.

Ali, Gomez Konate Virgil Robbo, Szobo Mac Jones, Diaz Jota Nunez

Subs: Kelleher, Bradley, Quansah, Trent, Grav, Harvey, Gakpo, + 2 kids

About time we put a pasting on these plastic cunts because I'm sick of drawing with them.

I can see Jota coming off the bench in this one in all honesty, and then starting against Arsenal.
3 starts in a week doesnt sound like how we will manage Jota's minutes and fitness. Not when he played 90 mins yesterday.

Alisson

Trent
Konate
Virgil
Gomez

Mac Allister
Szobo
Jones

Diaz
Jota
Nunez

I think you’ve nailed the starting XI.

Which means is likely wrong.

Does Bradley deserve to be dropped/rotated?

---------------------Ali----------------
Bradley---Konate----VVD----Gomez
--------Trent---Macca---Jones------
----Diaz--------Jota-------Nunez---

Deserve doesn't have anything to do with it. I think we all acknowledge that.
But Trent is Trent and Chelsea are Chelsea...

Deserve doesn't have anything to do with it. I think we all acknowledge that.
But Trent is Trent and Chelsea are Chelsea...
Fair enough, still think we'd be better off playing a proper right back though and pushing Trent into midfield. I wouldn't risk more than one returning player in this one either way and I wouldn't want to unbalance the defense for such a big game by putting a player back in who's just returning from injury and is our least "defensive" defender. Macca has had a bit more time, so should start, Trent or Szobo could start but I wouldn't start with both really.

When Trent came on yesterday he replaced Bradley who was moved forward to RW.

Trent will continue at RB when he starts.

Reactions: dee
Yep, I'm inclined to go full-strength for both games and substitute early. For me, Gomez deserves his place and he arguably makes more sense at LB if Trent is playing the hybrid role at RB. It gives us a nice balance, and I do not see a desperate need to rush Robertson straight back in.

Szobo looked fresh and Mac should be well rested. Grav hasn't done enough to take Jones out. Midfield picks itself.

Jota has to start.

This would actually be my preferred team. Bradley playing RB as an actual RB has been so refreshing. I think that would be very useful against both Chelsea & Arsenal who play with a lot of width and we can use Bradley attacking making their LW have to track back.

The silver lining of Klopp leaving is that folks might occasionally end up being right when they suggest a stating position in midfield for Trent; until then - it ain't going to happen

10/11 matched my thoughts. I would start Gakpo over Jota just to keep him fresh for Arsenal.

OK. It was a stretch. But hat would just make me deluded like the people who think he will start playing Trent from a midfield starting position, so I'd be in company

Klopp will not be playing Trent in midfield. The last few games Gomez has been moving into midfield in possession in the same way Trent did just from the left. I'm sure Klopp will go back to Trent playing hybrid RB/DM as soon as he's fit

Klopp will not be playing Trent in midfield. The last few games Gomez has been moving into midfield in possession in the same way Trent did just from the left. I'm sure Klopp will go back to Trent playing hybrid RB/DM as soon as he's fit

Yes, I certainly noticed that yesterday. So, with Trent back in the side, Gomez will likely provide the width on the left.

Goes without saying, but it’s a must win. Seeing how our season has gone compared to theirs, we must still be kicking ourselves about dropping 2 points there first day.

It showed how well some of our squads players have done, now that the first teamers are back and we are unsure who gets the nod to start.

Bradley, Gomez and Jones certainly don't deserve to drop down to the bench. I won't be too bothered if anyone of them or if all of them starts.

We owe them a battering so I hope everyone's fired up for this. Chelsea are also shit so I'd prefer if we started Gakpo and keep Jota fresh for Arsenal, he loves a sub goal anyway

yeah I think we should rest Jota here, start with Gakpo and bring him on 60 mins.
Diaz - Nunez - Gakpo should be fine starting against Chelsea. We need good midfield in terms of creating and controlling the game as we would like.

I'd be curious about Trent in midfield cos Gravenberch is not up to speed yet, and Eliott is too weak in a game like this.

It's either Szobo or Trent in there anyway.

Reactions: dee
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom