• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Chelsea (H) - Weds 20:15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never in doubt. McA is a world class player.

We took him for 35m and Chelsea had to pay 115m for his poorer half from Brighton.

Shame.

Really good Klopp interview on BT sport now with Rio, I think it's new but fascinating all the same...

Nunez has hit the woodwork 13 times this season. Thats just fine margins from having 20 goals in 21 league games.
His allround performance was fantastic. Lets hope the margins are on his side for the rest of the season.

You've got to think at some point there will be regression to the mean and they'll start going in from everywhere.

I mean, it has to happen.

he’s my kind of player, where’s the subscription form for the fan club

Edit- Macallister not Darwin

Macca was just brilliant yesterday, a properly dominant midfield anchor performance.

With Endo to come back and Badger to return at some point 3 inches taller than when he last played, it looks like we’re well covered after all at the six.

…and there was me convinced that Macca would never be right for the 6…and he’s proving himself already…what the fuck do I know!

Macca has developed in to this role fantastically well so far; something I was massively sceptical he could do. I'm hopeful the trend continues and he continues to make me look a cunt

Chelsea fan reactions just aren't as fun as the Scum ones :confused:

I was hoping for a much bigger and better fix of schadenfreude...

What annoys me about the Chelsea fans is that they really believe that they should be achieving great things with that squad, but they don't see the flaws in their whole setup. They went out and spent over £1B on a bunch of players that are mostly under 23/24 so what you have is:

1) Inexperience at the highest level - and also in the PL

2) small sample sizes of performing well for each of their expensive buys, lets face it - Enzo had a sample size of the length of the world cup tournament, and Caicedo one season playing not as a sole DM in a very good Brighton setup.

3) They have taken a big gamble based on an assumption that getting these players that have done so well at under-21 level, will eventually become the best for their respective nations at senior level. How many times have we seen players never progress beyond under-21 level ? - even our Curtis has not had a senior start in the England team.

Part of a players growth is also about mental growth in terms of strength and being able to perform and play in the big occasions or those pressure 'moments' - it is a massive gamble to assume that a bunch of youngsters have developed that part of their thinking to the level required of a senior PL player who has been in this league for 3+ seasons.

What's funnier is that they play 38/39 year old grandpa Thiago at the back (overrated in my view even in his younger days), we thought Klopp was bad over-using our midfielders and Milner as LB/RB - but they have taken it to another level, how is a grandpa like him suppose to deal with the likes of Jotta or a speed merchant like Darwin ? - not a fucking chance.

Despite all the above the Chelsea fans thinks that it's the manager's fault consistently for not setting them up correctly etc.. very few managers can train into little kids when they are up against more experienced players.

What annoys me about the Chelsea fans is that they really believe that they should be achieving great things with that squad, but they don't see the flaws in their whole setup. They went out and spent over £1B on a bunch of players that are mostly under 23/24 so what you have is:

1) Inexperience at the highest level - and also in the PL

2) small sample sizes of performing well for each of their expensive buys, lets face it - Enzo had a sample size of the length of the world cup tournament, and Caicedo one season playing not as a sole DM in a very good Brighton setup.

3) They have taken a big gamble based on an assumption that getting these players that have done so well at under-21 level, will eventually become the best for their respective nations at senior level. How many times have we seen players never progress beyond under-21 level ? - even our Curtis has not had a senior start in the England team.

Part of a players growth is also about mental growth in terms of strength and being able to perform and play in the big occasions or those pressure 'moments' - it is a massive gamble to assume that a bunch of youngsters have developed that part of their thinking to the level required of a senior PL player who has been in this league for 3+ seasons.

What's funnier is that they play 38/39 year old grandpa Thiago at the back (overrated in my view even in his younger days), we thought Klopp was bad over-using our midfielders and Milner as LB/RB - but they have taken it to another level, how is a grandpa like him suppose to deal with the likes of Jotta or a speed merchant like Darwin ? - not a fucking chance.

Despite all the above the Chelsea fans thinks that it's the manager's fault consistently for not setting them up correctly etc.. very few managers can train into little kids when they are up against more experienced players.
It's quite clear that Poch learned coaching by using Xpert11, the coaching 'game' for elite managing prospects. One common method of developing a dominating team is to buy a bunch of kids and pair them with a couple of strategic oldies. Classic Xpert11 strategy. I think Poch forgot to use the pressure option in this game, which is a rookie error, in truth.

It's quite clear that Poch learned coaching by using Xpert11, the coaching 'game' for elite managing prospects. One common method of developing a dominating team is to buy a bunch of kids and pair them with a couple of strategic oldies. Classic Xpert11 strategy. I think Poch forgot to use the pressure option in this game, which is a rookie error, in truth.
You mean here http://www.xperteleven.com/?lid=461609

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom