• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Betting Cheltenham 2014

Prefix for Betting Threads
Slightly up for the day with a couple of multiples outstanding. Rule the World will put me way up. Come on son!!

If my phone wasn't fucking up and my laptop wasn't blocked from gambling sites I would have been on Dynaste and Fingal as singles too which is a pain!

I went for Big Bucks, thought he might bounce back.

I don't like the Mullins favs today at all - none of them were really proven over the task they faced

Disappointed as I has Annie Power singled doubled and trebled. A win was worth about €250 to me.

Jonjo O' Neill is having a great day.

I particularly like the trends for the handicaps, here's the stats for the next one:

Thursday 13th March - 16:40 - Fulke Walwyn Kim Muir Challenge Cup - Amateur - 3m1f110y

There has not been an Irish trained winner of the race for thirty-one years.
Eight of the last eleven winners were unplaced in their previous race.
Only five of the last thirty-four winners were aged seven or younger.
Five of the last ten winners were officially rated between 124 and 128.
David Pipe, Ferdy Murphy and Donald McCain have a good record in this race.
Top weight has won two of the last five runnings.
Give preference to horses in the top half of the handicap.
Seven of the last nine winners were ridden by non-claiming amateurs.
The last thirteen winners all ran over at least 3m on their last start before the Festival.

I was going to say Spring Heeled but I got fucking distracted in work.

12/1 winner. Not backed!

Haha. I randomly went to back it. It was tipped elsewhere. I had my obligatory e.w. bet ready to place on my phone but said no fuck it, leave it off.

Had a bad day. Breaking even now.

Not a good day.
Annie Power was a let down big time.
Had Balnaslow e way in the last race which scrambled home for a place.

Just taking a look at tomorrow, the first should be pretty competitive but I always follow Guitar Pete so I'll be sticking with him.

The second race is a disaster.

Kings Palace might be my bet in the third.

Bobs Worth is clearly the one to beat but I don't know what I'd take against him - AP or Last instalment

How about some ew betting today?

Cheltenan in 2.05pm was 9's this morning. Paying 5 places. I read a tip for Never Enough Time on another site today. Cinder and Ashes is another one to choose from for an outside ew chance. Good on the course and currently 22/1.

A Briar Hill & Bobs Worth Double?? I might look for value in the Gold Cup, leaning towards one of The Giant Bolster or Lord Windermere??

Then maybe Tammys Hill towards the end of the day and Don Poli in the last.

1.30 Royal Irish Hussar
2.05 Minella Foru
2.40 Briar hill
3.20 Bobs Worth
4.00 Harbour Court
4.40 Caid du berlais
5.15 Ned Buntline

There seems to be a lot of chatter for Leo's pick in the first.

If I was going E/W in that race I would be looking at Tiger Roll but it doesn't look like a great race for EW

The second race there's nothing jumping out on the trends - 5 or 6 year old, rated 128-135, first or second season hurdler, irish trained or Nicholls. That's pretty much all the shorter priced horses in the race

2014 Albert Bartlett Novices' Hurdle Trends
Friday 14th March - 14:40 - Albert Bartlett Novices' Hurdle - Grade 1 - 3m

Seven of the nine winners had run at Cheltenham before.
Seven of the last nine winners had previously contested races over three miles.
Eight of the last nine winners were in the front five of the betting market.
All nine winners of this race had run at least three times over hurdles.
Only one winner failed to finish first or second on their last start before the Festival.
Key races include the Hyde Novices' Hurdle, Bristol Novices' Hurdle and Classic Novices' Hurdle.
Four of the nine winners were second season novices.
All nine winners were rode handily.

Thomas Crapper might be my ew bet in 4.40. I just fancy cheering it on loudly

I've a cousin who fancies himself as an astute gambler, and he lets on that he gets to hear a lot of tips from trainers etc, each day he posts on Facebook a list of what to back.

He still hasn't had a winner, or an each way bet come in.

I shouldn't be as happy about it as I am.

Reactions: ILD
Remember when Nikeser was winning something in most races. He must have been backing three horses ew per race. Ha.

Im having a terrible last two days. Money came for that tip Never enough time. He went from 14's to 9 before the off. Of course I was on it and it didn't place.

Come on Lord Windermere. 28's in the big one. €5.ew.

Briar Hill and Bobs worth double then.

The cousin napped Briar Hill for this btw, the last one he napped was Our Conor.

I've taken the Nikeser route today ! I had my bet on Tiger Pete then had a two euro saver on Tiger Roll.

Did Lac Fontana and Diakiti each way in the second.

All small bets but I'm up.

Kings Palace for me in this one

Haha FFS. I Can't buy a win last 7 races. I was up about 120-150. All gone. ever since Annie Power left me down it's all been down hill.

The cousin has picked Bobs Worth - he has to get one right doesn't he ? Cos that's the only reason I'm having doubts

Actually I checked again, he's gone with Conti.

Today's winnings are on Bobs Worth

Got an ew on Triolo, don't want to spend most of my betting on this when it can go on Liverpool winning on Sunday

I think you should get that.

Great shout - I used to always back it but didn't think it had a chance

Back
Top Bottom