• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Betting Cheltenham 2015

Prefix for Betting Threads
2 from 2. Nice start to the day. Bets for the day covered and sitting up some nice double and trebles.

Faller (when leading at the last), second, and now a winner.

Not a million miles away today

Arggh. Had quantitive easing ew on a treble & it got pushed off the fucking course.

I hate bloody horses.

Faller (when leading at the last), second, and now a winner.

Not a million miles away today
If you done a lucky 15 instead of a Yankee you would have got treble the odds on your winner.
Toyed with the idea of backing Dodging Bullets this morning but out of sentiment went with Sprinter Sacre.
Wise man say bet with head not heart anyway two nice winners today so can't complain.

Threw my last couple of quid (betting money, not the food money like) on Moon Racer ew. Happy days, got a couple of quid for tomorrow's races.
Ill bet checking this thread for tips.

Fuck today looks like a minefield.
Be happy with one winner.
Anyway.
130-Vatour
2.05-Edyemi
2.40-Ballycasey e way
320-Saphir de rhue
4.00-Monetaire
4.40-The Package

If you done a lucky 15 instead of a Yankee you would have got treble the odds on your winner.
Toyed with the idea of backing Dodging Bullets this morning but out of sentiment went with Sprinter Sacre.
Wise man say bet with head not heart anyway two nice winners today so can't complain.

Yeah, I stuck with the old school Yankee out of tradition.

I'll do a lucky 15 today

Yeah, I stuck with the old school Yankee out of tradition.

I'll do a lucky 15 today
It costs slightly more but you get far more value.
Treble the odds for one winner so if you back one winner at 8s you'll get 24-1.
And there's a 10% bonus if you get the four winners which would be massive.

Is the lucky 15 still worth it over a Yankee if you're doing e/w bets? I assume that removes any bonus?

I'd prefer to make a 30% profit than take a higher risk for 200%, so tend to do a fair few each ways when I bet.

Is the lucky 15 still worth it over a Yankee if you're doing e/w bets? I assume that removes any bonus?

I'd prefer to make a 30% profit than take a higher risk for 200%, so tend to do a fair few each ways when I bet.
I'm fairly sure the bonuses apply.
Each way is a bit of a joke though imo.
If you back an 8 ta 1 horse in a 24 horse runner non handicap race and it places you're getting 1/5th of the odds and you lose your winning part of your stake.
That means you've beaten 21 horses and you're only getting back 15 quid for a 10 euro bet.
I'll only back each way at odds over 16 ta 1 because the percentages are far better but each to their own!

Vatour. (Single, Doubled with Douvan and DOubled with Don Coss)

Edeymi

Jetson ew in the World Hurdle.

Monetaire

Champagne James or Masters hill. A lad was tipping up Golden Bullet. I'll pick one later.

Great start.

Great jumping all the way around and nothing looked like h catching him

That was definitely jockey error from Scudamore.
Don't know wtf he was doing so far back.
It's hard to back seconds when your beaten by a 33 ta 1 and 14 ta 1 shots.

I'm all about Beltor in the first.

PP refunding win stake if your horse is second or third.

The rain coming down will affect a horse I've been waiting for all week, Paint The Clouds. Anyone know what the going is like?

Arbie De Vie at 14's ew but might back No More Heroes.

Have a small ew bet on Cheltenian. 18's.

Have Roi De Francs backed at 7's last week. It would be a nice finish to the festival.

I've backed Djakadam in the Gold Cup. This race does seem to be coming a year too early for him. Very hard to call. The rain won't affect him either. It won't affect Many clouds either. I feel bad not backing Lord Windermere again after last years heroic win for me.

Back
Top Bottom