• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Betting Cheltenham 2015

Prefix for Betting Threads

ILD

Very Well-Known
I'm really excited about this years contests. The champion hurdle should be a joy to watch with Faugheen coming up against some decent Grade 1's. The New One and Jeski should push it all the way. Faugheen's jumping is often questioned and there will be no room for error at the pace they'll be hitting the hurdles.

Cannot wait to watch Sire De G. and Sprinter S. battle it out over the fences. Both horses are loved by racing fans but have had troubles over the last year. If both back to their best we should witness a good race. Can't pick one over the other right now. Dodging Bullets to upset both?

I'll be doing a nice few singles, doubles and trebles to keep me entertained for the week.

How about a Tuesday 'banker' at over 5/1 ?
Douvan
Un De Sceaux
Annie Power

I'll also be doing single double and trebles on Don Poli, Don Cossack and one of the Tuesday favs.

I will be backing Lord Windermere again and take the 10/1 value. Beltor at 8/1 to looks a nice solid ew bet in the Triumph Hurdle.

I've one AP bet on. A 4 fold of Faugheen, SS, Don Poli and S. Conti. A small stake but return will be decent enough.

Hope Willie Mullins cleans up.

Be wary of Don Cossack he's never won left handed and he's German bred who have an awful festival record.
Annie Power looks a shoe in for the Mares race.
Also really like Saphir De Rheu in the World Hurdle.
I'll be shitting little pebbles during the Champion hurdle if Faugheen doesn't win.

I've hardly watched a race this season so I'll be making it up as I go along as usual.

I've had just one AP bet this year paint the clouds in the Foxhunters @ 8/1. Geraghty was on ATR last night and was really bullish about Sprinter Sacre's chances, if he is back to form as Barry says he is then 3/1 is huge.

Okay lets get this going.

1:30 L’aime Serge (Money back as free bet if Douvan win)
2:05 Un De Sceaux (Have a small ew bet on Smashing, my friend in Vancouver knows JJ Burke and wanted me to throw something small on it)
2:40 Gevrey Chambertin (Couldn't decide between an ew bet on this on Gallant Oscar)
3:20 Faugheen
4:00 Annie Power
4:40 Very Wood
5:15 Stellar Notion

Any decent bets on today? Which Mullins horse will let down the multiples?

@amber cabs, Any tips or word for anything over there?

I'm gonna do a yankee on Faugheen, Annie Power, Un De Seceaux and Sprinter Sacre i think

I don't back Favs so I'm avoiding Ruby today - and the most likely to mess up the Yankee is the second race. Mullins has a bad record in it and the horse is prone to mistakes allegedly

Qewy
Clarcam ew
Gallant Oscar
Hurricane fly - overpriced massively
L'unique
Sego Success
Thomas Crapper

1.30 Lami Serge with paddy power too.
Obviously afraid of Douvan who's reputation is huge but Lami Serge has the form in the book to win this race most years.

2.05 Backing Josses Hill without Un de sceux at 9 ta 2.

2.40-Pendra

3.15-Faugheen the machine although The new one looks a good e way bet now.

4.00-Annie Power I really can't see anything get near her on ratings and bar a fall or injury looks a good thing.

4.40-Cause of Causes
Trainer is a dab hand at getting one ready for Cheltenham and has the best amateur jockey in the race.

5.20 Irish Cavalier is supposed to improve for good ground so small e way bet.

A horse L'aime Serge beat comfortably won off top weight easily enough yesterday. Looks good for the form book. I still don't know what to do with Douvan. Have a small ew bet on Bentilimar in the first. Might leave it at that and avoid it.

I don't back Favs so I'm avoiding Ruby today - and the most likely to mess up the Yankee is the second race. Mullins has a bad record in it and the horse is prone to mistakes allegedly

Qewy
Clarcam ew
Gallant Oscar
Hurricane fly - overpriced massively
L'unique
Sego Success
Thomas Crapper

I was 100 % backing Qewy as well Ross. My brother told me its likes softer ground so I thinking of letting it off. I'll be raging if it bolts up.

Defo Ross.

I'll double Faugheen with AP I'd say. Have a good few doubles and trebles done for the week. Hopefully today doesn't kill too many of them.

Ruby said he made a mistake and went too early, but the horse had plenty in the tank.

Nice to have that luxury

Haha. Faugheen never looked like being beaten

I thought when the were coming down the hill there was at least a race on though

Had the first 4 winners. Then backed Annie Power which should have won when cruising at the last. £500 profit for the first day. That will do.

What a day.
Got irish cavalier at 18s and Cause of Causes at 14s ante post.
Also backed faugheen all winter long at some tasty prices.
Cleaned up.
That fall from Annie Power saved the bookies hundreds of millions though but they still got a battering.

Can't believe he fell there. Absolutely cruising as well. A good day would have been magnificent for me.

Can't believe he fell there. Absolutely cruising as well. A good day would have been magnificent for me.
She fly stepped over a shadow before take off.
Really unfortunate incident.
It just goes to show that the bookmakers will always get that bit of luck when needed.
They could have took a serious hit to the industry if she won with trebles,doubles,accas and loads of other multiple bets.
They got out of jail big time.

Ah ive nice doubles and trebles left for the week thanks to Douvan and Faugheen but AP cost me hundreds today. JUST LIKE LAST YEAR. haha.

1.30 Windsor Park
2.05.Don Poli
2.40 Tagliatelle
320.Sprinter Sacre.
4.00 Sire Collognes
4,40 All Yours
515-Bordini

Oh and I got a tip for tomorrow.
Edyemi.
One of the lads text me from the hollow bottom in Cheltenham and was talking to a stable lad that works with him and said he's flying it in his work and is on a nice handicap form.
Take it as you will!

I think I'll just stick with a Yankee today:

Vyta Du Roc
Southfield Theatre
dodging bullets
Quantitive easing

Oh and I got a tip for tomorrow.
Edyemi.
One of the lads text me from the hollow bottom in Cheltenham and was talking to a stable lad that works with him and said he's flying it in his work and is on a nice handicap form.
Take it as you will!

Lad in work Napped it too Leo. Im all over it.

Tricky day for me. Going to have to pick between a lot of horses.

Plenty of people will pick between Outlander and Nicholas Canyon (Mullins and Ruby) Gonna stick with Windsor park in the first. He'll run on well towards the end and it'll be nice to see Davy Russell get a winner.

Second race is a minefield for me. Im all about Don Poli, backed him last year and is the class horse of the race. Ive backed Southfield Theatre in the past and could run a big race. If I don't back Don Poli I would probably back The Young Master. Shocked I missed The Druids Nephew yesterday. My brother rang me to apologise after the race. We know the Trainer Neil Mulholland. He used to eat dinner in our house when he worked near by. Shocking I didn't have a bet on his horse with Geraghty on it. Well, the same combination of trainer and jockey have The Young Master in this race. Pretty cool to win with The Druid's Nephew and The Young Master at the festival. I have Don Poli is a good few Ante Post trebles so I might just leave it at that. This race will have me reeling regardless. Ha.

Coral cup is silly. Stick a pin it. Un Atout has money coming for it. Nice ew bet. Dell Arca runs well into places for me a lot. A horse I like and hope it runs a big race. Baradari is another with a big ew shout. Try get 5 places.

Not even gonna try call Sprinter / Sire De G race. Up to ye if ye want to pick between them or look for an alternative. Champagne fever is good around Cheltenham. Dodging Bullets is the form horse but had a clear run of it with the big two either missing from action or on the way back. Maybe use the bookies specials here and try earn a free bet off one of the big two. I love both horses. Hope S. Sacre wins to be honest. Both will help me complete a few doubles and trebles so I'll be happy either way. Silly that I have both in different accys but I did some AP and didn't realize. A Don Poli. S. Sacre double be nice for me. If S.Sacre runs anything like it can circa two years ago then he'll win.

No real interest in the 4pm race. Will back Duke Of Lucca.

4.40pm. Gordon Elliot has a horse called Hostile Fire. Will go off close to favoritism. Maybe Golden Doyen ew. No real interest here again.

Bumper is a bit of banter but very hard to pick. I'll go with Moon Racer. Bought from Ireland and put into Pipe's yard.

Back
Top Bottom