• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

COLLAPSE

6 Games remaining only 2 points behind... come on you pussys get behind the team.
1. @Dreambeliever to start match threads
2. Fuck the highline, defenders are tired
3. Start Jota and use Nunez as impact sub

FUCKING COME ON YOU REDS
Fuck the high line? For 9 years we've had to listen to Klopp berate his side because they've dropped deep, but we're gonna bin the high line for the remaining 6 games are we? Good luck with that 1.

When you're only capable of playing for 45mins every game, you can change whatever you like how ever many times you like....there will be times when you come unstuck.

As far as match threads go, they should be scrapped as everyone turns to complete fanny lickers.

For anyone who's actually pretending his legacy is tarnished, or that we've somehow underachieved during his reign here, please list for me all the teams who have won more than us during his time here, and what they've spent (or if they've cheated) to do so...

He's been a fucking godsend, when you consider what he's been up against since he arrived, he's worked borderline miracles. He's been cheated out of at least two more league titles, and maybe even another one again, this year. He's also lost two European Cup finals to fucking Real Madrid. Had all the luck gone our way, rather than absolutely fucking NONE of it, we'd be looking for his 4th title this year and he'd have THREE European Cups.

Anybody who feels he's let us down, or tarnished his legacy or should have won more than he did can fuck right off. Seriously.

Last edited:
For anyone who's actually pretending his legacy is tarnished, or that we've somehow underachieved during his reign here, please list for me all the teams who have won more than us during his time here, and what they've spent (or if they've cheated) to do so...

He's been a fucking godsend, when you consider what he's been up against since he arrived, he's worked borderline miracles, and he's been cheated out of at least two more league titles, and maybe even another one again, this year. He's also lost two European Cup finals to fucking Real Madrid. Had all the luck gone our way, rather than absolutely fucking NONE of it, we'd be looking for his 4th title this year and he'd have THREE European Cups.

Anybody who feels he's let us down, or tarnished his legacy or should have won more than he did can fuck right off. Seriously.

The PL is going to be so much fun the next two seasons when City wins it in February. I agree with all the points.

Having said that, the narrative that the "squad is primed for trophies" in the next few seasons should end with this. We have a very good squad, much better than the one he was left with. But we will know its true level next season only when we don't have an all-time great managing it.

I think the loss to Utd in the Cup took the wind out of our sails.

That’s where we lost momentum and the belief that we could “find a way” no matter what happened.

To quote the great Brian Flanagan - “everything ends badly, otherwise it wouldn’t end”.

At some point you can't rely on belief and just willing shit to happen.

You need to be able to pull that out sometimes. You need to find different ways of winning and be resilient, sure. If you want to win consistently, you need to have some basic wins, keep clean sheets, and have some reliable avenues for scoring some goals.

I think we've hit a run of games that exhausted us, then we are chucking in returning players to a system of play that has essentially broken down.

The fact that this team is where it is is down to good belief and psychology. The fact that it was never going to win a title is down to basic flaws in how it plays football. I don't think some of the more specialties shit we've tried tactically is anything more than a dead end. I don't think we've ever had much good attacking chemistry. I don't think we've looked all that convincing in general. I can't really remember many convincing games. Just bits, just halves, just moments, some promising ideas.

At some point you can't rely on belief and just willing shit to happen.

You need to be able to pull that out sometimes. You need to find different ways of winning and be resilient, sure. If you want to win consistently, you need to have some basic wins, keep clean sheets, and have some reliable avenues for scoring some goals.

I think we've hit a run of games that exhausted us, then we are chucking in returning players to a system of play that has essentially broken down.

The fact that this team is where it is is down to good belief and psychology. The fact that it was never going to win a title is down to basic flaws in how it plays football. I don't think some of the more specialties shit we've tried tactically is anything more than a dead end. I don't think we've ever had much good attacking chemistry. I don't think we've looked all that convincing in general. I can't really remember many convincing games. Just bits, just halves, just moments, some promising ideas.

The last part about interplay in attack is so spot on. The days of firmino, mane and salah, the triangles of interplay around the edges of the box are long gone.

Add the lack of solidity, as we have been hanging on in defense too, the ship creaking at the seams for a long time.
Klopp is exhausted. Odd if he doesn't see his players also being drained.

Both Trent and Salah needs a reset. One thinks he is Beckham and appears to be placated by the manager even if he plays shit. The other is now a shadow of the player he was. A new manager will hopefully sort this out.

There are some doubts creeping in about other players too (list getting long!), but I will try to bite my lip and let a new manager take his shot and judge them first.

What a sad and pathetic way to end Klopp’s tenure at Liverpool. No one saw it coming and there is still no convincing explanation for the way players suddenly lost all confidence and ability to put the ball in the net - or defend or win midfield duels. This will hurt for a long while and I’m afraid even tarnish Klopp’s legacy.

Not in the mood to be angry at anyone - the team clearly overachieved for most of the season and then regressed to the mean, but just this trajectory couldn’t have been more painful.
I’m surprised you would post this.
I don’t think the team overachieved at all. The number of intense games just caught up with them. It’s also possible if unlikely we could still win the league. This is far too early and OTT imo.

I’m surprised you would post this.
I don’t think the team overachieved at all. The number of intense games just caught up with them. It’s also possible if unlikely we could still win the league. This is far too early and OTT imo.
I'd rather think they over achieved, rather than not meeting their potential. One you can say they worked their skin off, the other is mentality

First 15mins. What the actual flying fuck.

20240414_224245.jpg.b5679d89abe4e04385ac7bd9d2d46dcd.jpg

Let's face it, if you had been told at the start of the season we would be greatly reliant on Bradley, Kelleher, Endo, Quansah, and Thiago and Jota had missed all/loads of the games, and we were still competing against City and Arsenal then we would have been made up.

We've been getting results that flatter our performances for ages and it's now caught up with us. It's frustrating as fuck to fall away at the end, but ultimately it's decent progress on the shitshow of last year. I'm just sad for Klopp. It would have been lovely to send him off on a bigger high

Fuck Klopp (well not really but you know what I mean). I'm sad for me.

And what about that 15 minutes between the 1st and 2nd half where our pass completion is at zero. What the flying fuck!!!!!

Are we top of the league if you just look at the last 15 mins?
Without looking we're probably top of the all time league just taking into account the last 15mins.

We've gone into HT with the lead 11 times. Drawn 15 and lost 6. Pretty much exactly 2/3s of our games we've gone into the dressing room disappointed.

People will talk about a "sudden collapse" but the signs have been there from the get go. Wolves, Newcastle in September. We've never once learnt our lessons....that's probably been the biggest downer of the season.

Who started the Barcelona home thread? And did we do a prematch / match thread all in one?

Back
Top Bottom