• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Comolli Sacked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
interesting. why does ryan have a beef with comolli?

Don't know for sure, but it may well not be anything personal. Comolli's rep in the game as a whole won't have been massively high after his time at Tottenham. I was surprised when FSG signed him up.

way too slow and ponderous. in the spurs away game spurs were cutting through us at will. I think this partnership is horrible exposed when under the cosh.
That might have something to do with Adam being sent off after twenty five minutes though;)

That might have something to do with Adam being sent off after twenty five minutes though;)

I meant how we were second to everything resulting in adam making a last ditch tackle and getting send out. against a high tempo team it is a terrible central midfield. I'll absolve lucas but I think adam should be fucked off asap.

I meant how we were second to everything resulting in adam making a last ditch tackle and getting send out. against a high tempo team it is a terrible central midfield. I'll absolve lucas but I think adam should be fucked off asap.
The one example you chose to prove your point was where Adam got sent of quarter way through the game.
That in itself is sufficient to undermine your argument somewhat but the fact that the centre mid area was largely a match for any other team prior to the Lucas injury including Chelsea's, Arsenal's and Man City's pretty much killed the it stone dead.

Yeh I never quite saw how Adam fitted in. Not a bad player but never LFC class, and as neil says, too unfit and plodding to partner Lucas properly, and not quite good enough as a creator to indulge. At least the fee was pretty reasonable and I'd imagine we could recoup £5m or so of it if we decide to sell.

I'd be looking for closer to what we paid.

The likes of Sunderland pay exorbitant fees for terrible players all the time.

Yeh I never quite saw how Adam fitted in. Not a bad player but never LFC class, and as neil says, too unfit and plodding to partner Lucas properly, and not quite good enough as a creator to indulge. At least the fee was pretty reasonable and I'd imagine we could recoup £5m or so of it if we decide to sell.

100% agree.

He's not a bad player but his main flaw for me is the constant needless stupid free kicks he gives away in dangerous positions.
I'd be surprised if we didn't recoup what we paid for him.

I'd be looking for closer to what we paid.

The likes of Sunderland pay exorbitant fees for terrible players all the time.

You'd hope so, wouldn't you, but big clubs selling on players who've been perceived to have failed tend to get shafted pretty badly. Or at least we do. FWIW I'd be looking for £30m for Downing, Carroll and Adam. Downing is the one player of the 3 I'd definitely, defintely, sell, because he's shit, won't get any better, and this is probably our last chance to get £10m or so back for him.

I'd sell both Downing and Adam.

Adam we'd get a decent fee making it worth a while. Downing we probably wouldn't. Shame.

All we need to do is take off Downing with 20 mins left at Villa Park and arrange a game against Blackpool where we can take Adam off with 20 minutes to go. Once their old fans boo them they'll understand that they play for Liverpool now and start to perform better.

i honestly think the signings of Downing and Adam, and even Bellamy, were all done because Kenny badly wanted them, totally independent of any larger strategy from FSG or even Comolli. There's no way Downing, in particular, can be seen in any light other than FSG not wanting to rock the boat too much with a manager who the fans love and who wouldn't appreciate too much interference.

For better or worse, I can't see Kenny having much of a say in things this summer.

I think this is pretty close to the truth, we were all expecting younger highly rated players to come in given the comments made by the owners initially, Comolli didn't deliver because he deferred to Kenny's wishes - essentially making himself redundant. So the owners followed through and did get rid of him.

From now on, I'm going to make my feelings and opinions in this thread known through expressing a brightly coloured string from my genitals. Let me know if it works.

We really shouldn't be moving on more than 2-3 players from our current squad imo and Adam wouldn't be one of them. For various reasons i'd look to offload Kuyt, Maxi and Downing.

Stand him next to Oncey on a match day and its like comparing a toothpick with a giant redwood

I'm never quite sure how to take the "fans wouldn't have accepted it" thing.

What would we have actually done other than moan on message boards, which is all we do anyway?

Get fed up and stop going to the game?

Like they did when Hodgson was in charge.

The owners would care about empty seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom