• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Confirmed Summer Transfers 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not getting players who weren’t targets, that no-one has ever previously heard of and who didn’t actually move anyway causing the loons to rage hard will also bea little comforting.
347789176_912470356513997_633699552727751683_n.jpg

16 yr old Ecuadorian wonderkid Kendry Paez to Chelsea for "more than £17.5m".

[article]
Paez will not be able to join Chelsea until he turns 18 in the summer of 2025. Paez came to the attention of Europe’s elite clubs after being named the outstanding player at the 2022 Next Generation Trophy tournament in Austria.

[/article]
He is already part of the first-team set up at Independiente, the club from whom Brighton signed Moises Caicedo in 2021.

Any of the knowledgeable insiders on here able to explain this 1? How Chelsea can sign this kid from south america in a few years? No permit. No games in Europe. No caps for senior national side. No dual citizenship.

Any of the knowledgeable insiders on here able to explain this 1? How Chelsea can sign this kid from south america in a few years? No permit. No games in Europe. No caps for senior national side. No dual citizenship.

No clue, all I know is it's not a viable option for us for reasons that I also don't know

For signings like these, including Andrey Santos (signed for £18m deal from Vasco), they just loan them out before they get eligible for work permit. Chelsea are starting to do a City Football Group style of network of clubs.

Chelsea's £18m signing Andrey Santos is DENIED a work permit to play in the Premier League - missing out by a point because of other midfield buys - and now he could go back to Brazil on loan

Exiled Chelsea signing Andrey Santos vows to earn his work permit by impressing on Brazil duty - after his visa to play in England was denied - revealing he must star in May's U20s World Cup before joining the Blues

Its the same point system as adult players.

Be’ll accumulate points for playing in youth tournaments and if he has any senior appearances in any comps.

The key will be Argentina’s FIFA ranking - that’ll likely mean he gets over the threshold.

We’ve had this discussion before - the info isn’t hard to find.

Keita is our worst signing ever bar none. Factor in cost, expectation, delivery ... he's been a disaster.

Of the other candidates
  • Karius - cost peanuts, we knew he was a cunt but, yeah, cost us big
  • Carroll - expensive but scored some goals and had a 'certain' cult edge but, of course, was pants
  • Sean Dundee - baffling how he was a professional football player but, 2M
  • Diouf - nickname 'serial killer' and a decent WC raised expectation, turned out to be a worse human than Stalin
  • Ox - dubious signing for the money, imperious for a bit in 2018, but probs had about 10 good games in total
  • Lucas - is Lucas
Keita. 100%.
Konchesky was like what on earth am I doing here. Speedy Gonzalez who wasn't fast at all. Nunez from real Madrid.

Keita is our worst signing ever bar none. Factor in cost, expectation, delivery ... he's been a disaster.

Of the other candidates
  • Karius - cost peanuts, we knew he was a cunt but, yeah, cost us big
  • Carroll - expensive but scored some goals and had a 'certain' cult edge but, of course, was pants
  • Sean Dundee - baffling how he was a professional football player but, 2M
  • Diouf - nickname 'serial killer' and a decent WC raised expectation, turned out to be a worse human than Stalin
  • Ox - dubious signing for the money, imperious for a bit in 2018, but probs had about 10 good games in total
  • Lucas - is Lucas
Keita. 100%.

He's not though Larry.

The likes of Cheyrou Karius Carroll Balotelli Diouf Konchesky Poulsen (actually take your pick from that 10/11 squad) will always be far worst.

I'd even put Ox above him. I'd put Allen above him, I'd put Markovic in there too.

Yes the constant injuries & only being available for 40-45% of the games during his time here sucked....worst than any other player, but you're flat out ignoring the times he was on the pitch and contributing, there were spells in every season (bar this) where he was unreal.

Brexit actually makes it easier to sign foreign players.

How, I don't know. But apparently it does.

Brexit actually makes it easier to sign foreign players.

How, I don't know. But apparently it does.

How many of us are really clued up in all things political, including having a clear understanding of all the various trade deals the UK have with specific regions around the world.

If that is indeed true then why aren't we taking advantage of this?

We've seen Wolves do it with Joao, Soton with Alcaraz, City with Alvaraz, Forest with Danilo, Brighton with virtually half their squad nowadays.

He's not though Larry.

The likes of Cheyrou Karius Carroll Balotelli Diouf Konchesky Poulsen (actually take your pick from that 10/11 squad) will always be far worst.

I'd even put Ox above him. I'd put Allen above him, I'd put Markovic in there too.

Yes the constant injuries & only being available for 40-45% of the games during his time here sucked....worst than any other player, but you're flat out ignoring the times he was on the pitch and contributing, there were spells in every season (bar this) where he was unreal.

Diouf was our worst ever signing and I will never be convinced otherwise.

There's plenty of competition for our SECOND worst ever signing. You've certainly named a few of the contenders.

Diouf was our worst ever signing and I will never be convinced otherwise.

There's plenty of competition for our SECOND worst ever signing. You've certainly named a few of the contenders.
Yeah, Diouf was just despicable in every way but for me the second is Carroll.

How many of us are really clued up in all things political, including having a clear understanding of all the various trade deals the UK have with specific regions around the world.

If that is indeed true then why aren't we taking advantage of this?

We've seen Wolves do it with Joao, Soton with Alcaraz, City with Alvaraz, Forest with Danilo, Brighton with virtually half their squad nowadays.

Because we don't have the money to cover existing needs like a proper right back cover, midfielders. In such situations, spending money on someone who will probably make an impact in four years time doesn't make sense. When you are hungry and have limited money, you want food now. You don't buy a farm and start agriculture in the hope of getting food in two years time.

Because we don't have the money to cover existing needs like a proper right back cover, midfielders. In such situations, spending money on someone who will probably make an impact in four years time doesn't make sense. When you are hungry and have limited money, you want food now. You don't buy a farm and start agriculture in the hope of getting food in two years time.

All those players above went for 10-20m......and all made instant impacts in the Prem, no reason that couldn't have been us last summer.

We could be sat here right now talking about what a coup that 21 year from South America has been.

All those players above went for 10-20m......and all made instant impacts in the Prem, no reason that couldn't have been us last summer.

We could be sat here right now talking about what a coup that 21 year from South America has been.

You cant be just looking at the successes. You need to look at the complete profile of players arriving in Europe at top clubs in top five leagues from South America and decide if the risk reward profile is worth it given limited resources. Kendry Paez could very well turn out to be a Kenedy.

He's not though Larry.

Hugely disagree.

The one thing he had that every other signing you've mentioned didn't have, is that he came in to an excellent team. If he did the bare minimum he could have been a success. For me, he didn't even accomplish that.

Every other signing there was either dropped quickly or shipped out. Keita always got some kind of "oh he was great in Germany and unlucky with injuries" style of free pass.

No. He was shite, cost a fucking fortune, and got paid for the duration of the his contract what I'm sure was a fucking fair chunk. No. Start to finish, worst deal ever

He had nothing but goodwill. Everyone wanted him to be a success. He was given the number 8 FFS. The greatest insult to that number we've ever had

Worst deal and worst signing 2 separate things.

The deal was nothing to do with him, he put pen to paper on whatever was in front of him.

When he was fit and played he was class, pointless argument me debating that.

Tory donors with hands up Suella’s self loathing ass?

He had nothing but goodwill. Everyone wanted him to be a success. He was given the number 8 FFS. The greatest insult to that number we've ever had

You're actually, seriously, actually, coming out with what shirt number he wore as a factor? Do you not think that's a bit irrational?

If you had to pick 1 from Joe Allen, Charlie Adam or Naby Keita, who are you picking?

You're actually, seriously, actually, coming out with what shirt number he wore as a factor? Do you not think that's a bit irrational?

If you had to pick 1 from Joe Allen, Charlie Adam or Naby Keita, who are you picking?

First player to have the number 8 after gerrard. The club believed in him, and that made the fans believe in him. He was on a tsunami of positivity from minute 1. He literally had the lowest possible bar to hit and he failed.

If i had 50m to spend i'd buy none of them. But for me, joe allen offered a lot more with a lot more consistency. Allen wasn't great, but he wasn't expected to be. Big Chaz was just fucking weird signing, borderline reverse psychologied in to it by Fergie

Keita had so much hope and faith placed in him for it to be horribly and dramatically dashed season upon season upon season.

I agree that worst signing and worst deal are separate, however for me keita is both. A crock, who had so many false dawns you could argue it knocked on our decision to sign midfielders earlier. For me, he is a root cause of our lack of midfield purchases over the last few years, which has done lasting damage to us.

But for me, joe allen offered a lot more with a lot more consistency. Allen wasn't great, but he wasn't expected to be.

Was he yeah? No. He was awful, consistently awful. A worst signing than a 50% of a 50% Keita.

Allen could only dream of doing some of the things Naby did on the pitch.

Was he yeah? No. He was awful, consistently awful. A worst signing than a 50% of a 50% Keita.

Allen could only dream of doing some of the things Naby did on the pitch.

More assists than keita, albeit with less goals. In a worse side, and in a deeper position.

And again, no one believed joe allen could solve our midfield issues for 5 years. People did with keita

Naby could only dream of doing the things naby could do on the pitch, as he was always fucking injured

More assists than keita, albeit with less goals. In a worse side, and in a deeper position.

And again, no one believed joe allen could solve our midfield issues for 5 years. People did with keita

Naby could only dream of doing the things naby did on the pitch, as he was always fucking injured

No he never had more assists.

https://www.lfchistory.net/Players/Player/Profile/1242
7 goals, 3 assists.

https://www.lfchistory.net/Players/Player/Profile/1324
Naby 11 goals 6 assists.

So no one thought Allen was gonna be our welsh Xavi, no? That his relationship with Rodgers previously that saw him become a very good Prem player at Swansea be replicated at Liverpool, no? Short memory.

No he never had more assists.

So no one thought Allen was gonna be our welsh Xavi, no? That his relationship with Rodgers previously that saw him become a very good Prem player at Swansea be replicated at Liverpool, no? Short memory.

I believe 1 poster was super excited at that, yes. Everyone else thought 15m for a decent midfielder who COULD be decent. It didn't pan out that way and he became a squad option, which at 15m isn't too bad

50m for a squad option however...no. Absolutely not

But now i'm ending my side of the discussion, as this isn't the thread for it. As I say; it's my opinion, and keita is irredeemable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom