• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Confirmed Transfers 19/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael Clegg - Man Utd (First-team Strength and Power Coach)
Ed Leng - Man Utd (First-team Lead Sports Scientist)
Richard Hartis - Man Utd (Senior Goalkeeping Coach)
[article]Manchester United can confirm two more appointments in Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's new-look staff at the Aon Training Complex.

Former Reds defender Michael Clegg is the new first-team strength and power coach, while Ed Leng has been recruited as the first-team lead sports scientist. Confirmation of their arrivals follows last month's announcement that Richard Hartis has rejoined the club in the role of senior goalkeeping coach.

“We’ve got some ex-Manchester United people, even ex-players,“ Ole revealed in our exclusive pre-season interview.

“We’ve got Mike Clegg, who I played with. I worked under his dad [Mick] when he was a coach in the gym here.

”We’ve got Richard [Hartis] who I have worked with before for seven or eight years, so I’m really close to him.

“And Ed has come in as well, in that group of people. He's not a Man United guy but he has worked with Warren Joyce, who is of course a United guy, and I worked with him. They all know what the club is about and what I’m about. They are great people for me to bring in.”

[/article]

Matt Taylor - Tottenham (Under-18s Coach)
Ryan Mason - Tottenham (Academy Coach)
Nigel Gibbs - Tottenham (Assistant Head of Player Development, Under-17 to Under-23)

[article]
We are pleased to announce the appointments of Matt Taylor, Ryan Mason and Nigel Gibbs to our Academy coaching team, with existing members of staff Chris Riley and Troy Archibald-Henville assuming revised roles to support the older players in the Academy.

An experienced former midfielder, Matt has enjoyed an extensive playing career that has taken him across the Premier League and Football League structure, representing Luton Town, Portsmouth, Bolton Wanderers, West Ham United, Burnley, Northampton Town and, most recently, Swindon Town, where he served as a player-coach. The 37-year-old joins us full-time as our new Under-18s Coach.

Former England international midfielder Ryan needs no introduction. A product of our Academy system, he established himself as a key player in our first team under Mauricio Pochettino, making 70 appearances and scoring four goals, before joining Hull City in 2016. Following his injury-enforced retirement as a player, the 28-year-old has been regularly involved alongside our Academy staff on youth team matchdays over the last year while working through his coaching badges. He now officially joins us as Academy Coach, with responsibility for our Under-19 UEFA Youth League side.

Former Watford defender and experienced coach Nigel returns to us as Assistant Head of Player Development, Under-17 to Under-23. Nigel has previously worked with us in a similar role, around senior coaching appointments at Leeds United, Millwall, Swansea City and Reading.

Chris is a former apprentice and young professional with us, who returned a number of years ago as a sports science intern and became the fitness coach for our Under-18s. He is now working his way through his coaching licences and will support our coaching team alongside his existing role.

Fellow Academy product Troy returned to us last year in a part-time coaching role, having represented Exeter City, Swindon Town and Carlisle United during his professional playing career. He now moves to a full-time position, where he will continue to work with our younger age groups but will additionally be responsible for taking senior Academy players from the Under-18s and Under-23s under his wing in a pastoral development role.

John McDermott, Head of Academy Coaching and Player Development, said of the new appointments: “We have always tried to assemble a blend of staff who know what the demands of the game are at the highest level. It’s also important to have a mix of experience through internal promotions and external appointments, including coaches who have recently retired and are current with the modern player, plus coaches who have been in the cauldron of professional football – not just Academy football – and can pass on their wisdom of what the real game expects in terms of behaviour and performance. All five of these members of staff understand the incredible standards set for young and senior players at this club and they will be invaluable in driving our players to become the best young men and players that they can be. Four of these staff have spent many years at the Club and know how we function. Only Matt is completely new to the fold, so the experience for the players will be seamless.”
[/article]

Youri Tielemans - Leicester (£40m)

[article]
Leicester City Football Club have agreed terms with AS Monaco for the transfer of midfielder Youri Tielemans for an undisclosed fee, subject to Premier League and international clearance.

The 22-year-old has signed a four-year deal after a highly impressive loan spell with the Foxes during the second half of last season and becomes the third arrival of the summer after James Justin and Ayoze Pérez.

The talented Belgium international has represented his country 23 times,
including at the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.

He has also made over 250 senior appearances in the top divisions of Belgium, France and England and is widely considered to be of the most exciting young talents in European football.

His brilliant Premier League performances in 2018/19 – which saw him score three goals and assist four in 13 appearances – attracted the attention of a host of Europe’s top clubs, but it is with Leicester City that Tielemans has chosen to commit his future.

Speaking to LCFC.com, Tielemans said: “It is such a great feeling to sign for this Football Club. Ever since I arrived on loan last season, all the players, the staff and the fans have been fantastic with me, so I’m thrilled to be able to become a Leicester City player.

“I believe that we have the talent in our squad to achieve something special and for any player, that’s an exciting thing to be a part of. I really can’t wait to get started again with this Club and do everything I can to help my team-mates.”

Leicester City manager Brendan Rodgers said: “I’m delighted that Youri has chosen to be part of Leicester City’s journey. It’s an incredibly exciting time for this Football Club and to be able to bring players of Youri’s quality here is an indication of the hunger for success we have here.

“Youri fit brilliantly into the squad last season, he’s already shown that he’s capable of making an impact in the Premier League and he adds another option to an incredibly talented group of players here at Leicester City.”

Born in Sint-Pieters-Leeuw in Belgium, Tielemans is a product of the youth academy at Anderlecht, where he signed his first professional contract in July 2013, aged just 16. A debut in the UEFA Champions League against Olympiakos came three months later as he became the youngest Belgian player to ever feature in the competition.

Tielemans made 185 appearances for Anderlecht in all competitions over four seasons, scoring 35 goals, and helped the side to two Belgian Pro League titles. He also made rapid progress individually too, as in his first two seasons, he was voted Belgian Young Professional Footballer of the Year and, in 2016/17, Belgian Professional Footballer of the Year.

After moving to AS Monaco in the summer of 2017, he made his debut for the club against Paris Saint-Germain and went on to appear 35 times for the side in his first season.

His performances in the French top tier continued to catch the eye last term, as he scored five goals in just 20 Ligue 1 appearances from midfield before joining Leicester City on loan in January 2019.

He made his debut against Tottenham Hotspur at Wembley in February and his quick adaptation to the demands of the Premier League soon established him as a fans’ favourite.

His first goal came in a 3-1 win over Fulham at King Power Stadium, while he added further strikes against Huddersfield and Arsenal to end the campaign with three goals and four assists in just 13 games.

At international level, Tielemans made his debut for Belgium in November 2016 and has gone on to feature for them 23 times. He was also part of the Belgium squad that finished third at the 2018 World Cup – starting in both victories against England in Russia.

He will now link up with the rest of the Leicester City squad in France for a training camp as preparations continue for the 2019/20 Premier League season.
[/article]

Tyrone Mings - Aston Villa (reportedly £26.5m)

[article]
Aston Villa is delighted to announce the signing of Tyrone Mings from AFC Bournemouth.

The 26-year-old defender arrives on a permanent deal having spent the second half of last season on loan at Villa Park.

Mings quickly became a fans’ favourite during his temporary stint, helping Villa clinch promotion to the Premier League, making 18 appearances and contributing two goals along the way as the team went on a record-breaking 10-match winning run.

Head Coach Dean Smith said: “We’re really pleased to have Tyrone back at Aston Villa on a permanent basis. I think everybody could see the connection that he made with the club as a whole and it is excellent news that we can continue the relationship in the Premier League.

“He will be an integral part of the squad for the new season and I look forward to working with him and helping to further develop his game.”

Mings will join the rest of the squad on the US Tour which begins later this week
[/article]

Aston Villa doing a Fulham?

Last edited:
Morten Thorsby - Sampdoria

[article]Morten Thorsby is finally in Genoa, having signed his Sampdoria contract on 11 January and, after a six-month wait, is now ready to embark on a new adventure with the club. “Coming to Sampdoria wasn’t a difficult choice. It’s a huge club, with so much history and the most beautiful kit in the world,” the midfielder told the club’s media team in Italian, having studied the language to prepare himself in the best possible way for this new adventure. “Playing in Serie A is a dream come true. What sort of player am I? A dynamic box-to-box midfielder. I like to get into the box and score goals, but I also contribute a lot in defence.”

“It’s really special to be the first Norwegian player at Sampdoria and something I respect,” added the 23-year-old. “I’ll do everything to give a good impression for Norwegian players’ sake. When I was young, like a lot of Scandinavians, I watched the Premier League and my team was Arsenal, with players like [Tomas] Rosicky and Abou Diaby. They were my stars and the ones I looked up to, but, of course, I also watched Serie A and the players here, so it’s really special to be here. I’m really looking forward to beginning to work on the pitch alongside my new team-mates.”[/article]

Eusebio Di Francesco - Sampdoria

[article]Eusebio Di Francesco talks about how he ended up in his new role, his ambitions and his desire to get started and feel the electric Marassi atmosphere in his first official club interview as Sampdoria boss. “I’m delighted to have joined Sampdoria,” stated Di Francesco from his home village of Sambuceto, which is just a stone’s throw from Pescara. “I’ve seen a lot of enthusiasm from the club, starting from president Ferrero, who was determined to get me. Now it’s down to me. We can achieve big things together.”[/article]

Pontus Jansson - Brentford (undisclosed fee)

[article]
Brentford have completed the signing of Pontus Jansson from Sky Bet Championship rivals Leeds United for an undisclosed fee. The Swedish international central defender completed a medical in central London earlier today, Monday 8 July, before signing a three-year contract. There is also a Club option of an extra year to keep Pontus with The Bees until June 2023.

Pontus joins The Bees with three years of Championship experience under his belt. He has been first choice for Leeds since arriving from Torino in 2016. He spent the first year on loan with the Yorkshire side before completing a permanent move in 2017. He leaves Leeds having played 120 games for them in all competitions.

The form of the defender last season helped Leeds to finish third in the Championship, albeit the season ended with Pontus injured and unable to play as the Yorkshire side lost to Derby County in the Play-Offs. He was named in the Championship PFA Team of the Season and scored three goals in 39 league games. One of those goals earned Leeds a point against Brentford at Elland Road and he scored nine in total for United.

Thomas Frank, Brentford FC Head Coach, said: “We are very pleased with Pontus’ arrival. The defence is an area that we have been looking to strengthen and we feel that Pontus will bring a lot to the group. Pontus will add to the quality and competition for places that we need to adapt to different situations over the course of the season.

“Pontus is a top defender who brings immense professionalism, a great attitude, experience, defensive robustness, leadership qualities, and threat from set pieces to our side. Everyone knows about the Brentford model but to develop the young players we have here, we also need experience and quality in the squad to get the perfect balance. To have someone with his CV turn down other offers to join us shows where we stand as a club now.”

Phil Giles, Brentford FC Co-Director of Football, added: "Pontus is not a player we have been tracking for some time. In fact, it was only very recently that we were alerted to his availability and reacted quickly to the opportunity. It says a lot about Pontus that he chose to sign for Brentford as much as we chose to sign him. There is a mutual feeling that we can be successful together, and we wish him well during his time with us."

Pontus started his professional career with Malmö Fotbollförening in his native Sweden after joining them at the age of 15. Malmö won the Swedish top division title three times during Pontus’ time with them and he also earned his first Sweden caps having also played for his country at Under-17, Under-19 and Under-21 level. Pontus then spent two years with Torino in Italy and played 25 games in all competitions, including 16 in Serie A.

Pontus has earned 22 caps for his country and has captained Sweden in the past year. He was part of the squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia and played in the Quarter Final defeat to England a year ago. He started for Sweden in their recent UEFA Euro 2020 qualification matches against Malta and Spain.

After completing a medical earlier today and formalising his move, Pontus has begun preparations to join the Brentford squad at their training camp in Austria. Pontus is set to fly out tomorrow, Tuesday, and should be part of the training group later this week.
[/article]

Liam Kelly - Feyenoord (undisclosed fee)

[article]
Midfielder Liam Kelly has agreed to a permanent move away from the Madejski to join Dutch side Feyenoord.

Now managed by former Royals boss Jaap Stam, the Dutch top flight side finished third in the Eredivisie last season and welcome Kelly into their squad at De Kuip.

Kelly, who turns 24 years of age in November, came right through the Academy ranks at Reading and after a loan spell with Bath City in the National League South, he made his first team debut under Stam as a second half substitute in a 2-2 EFL Cup draw with MK Dons in August 2016.

He impressed playing the style of football Stam introduced at Reading, but the diminutive playmaker couldn’t make the same impact last season, making the last of his 19(+3) appearances in a 4-0 defeat at Bramall Lane in mid-February.

Kelly scored nine goals for the club in total, finding the net once last season in a 3-2 win over Bristol City - the same scoreline and opposition against whom he had recorded his first professional goal almost two years previously.

Everyone at Reading Football Club would like to thank Liam for his effort and commitment to the club and we wish him the very best of luck in Holland and in his future career.

We can also confirm that it has been mutually agreed that young Dutch defender Darren Sidoel will part company with the Royals in advance of the expiration of his contract with the club. We wish Darren the very best of luck in pursuing the next chapter in his fledgling career.
[/article]

David Marshall - Wigan (free transfer)

[article]
Wigan Athletic are delighted to confirm goalkeeper David Marshall as the club’s first summer signing, with the experienced stopper signing a two-year deal at the DW Stadium.

Scotland international Marshall has recently left Hull City after three seasons with The Tigers, including one in the Premier League.

Previously, Marshall had won promotion from the second tier to the top flight with Cardiff City, where he played 291 times over seven seasons and won the Player of the Year award in the Bluebirds’ 2013-14 Premier League campaign.

Marshall is a former teammate of Latics’ Anthony Pilkington (Cardiff City) and Danny Fox (Scotland) and brings with him a wealth of Championship experience, having played 10 of his 12 seasons in England in the second tier, following his move south of the border from Celtic.
[/article]

Marko Arnautovic - Shanghai SIPG (£22.4m)

Erik Pieters - Burnley (£1m plus add ons up to £0.5m)

[article]Dutch international defender Erik Pieters has become the Clarets’ first summer signing.

The Stoke City defender, 30, has signed a two-year deal with a further one-year option and has joined up with Sean Dyche’s squad on their pre-season training trip to Portugal.

The vastly experienced Pieters spent six years in the Potteries, where he made over 150 Premier League appearances, mainly at left back, after signing from Dutch giants PSV Eindhoven.

The six-foot defender made a total of 206 appearances in all competitions for Stoke, before spending the second half of the 2018/19 season on loan to French Ligue 1 side Amiens, where he started 14 Ligue 1 ganes.

Pieters is a graduate of the famed Academy of FC Utrecht, and after two seasons and 64 games for the Dutch side earned a high-profile move to PSV Eindhoven in 2013.

It was at PSV that he established himself at the top level, making 140 appearances for the European heavyweights, where he starred domestically and also in both the Champions League and Europa League.

Pieters also forged his way into the Dutch national side, where he earned 18 full caps for his country having formerly been a key member of the Netherlands' Under 21 European Championship-winning side in 2007.

He joined Stoke City in 2013 and firmly established himself in the Premier League, cementing himself as the club’s first choice left-back.

Pieters now joins the Clarets to provide competition with Charlie Taylor for the left-back spot at Turf Moor following the departure of Stephen Ward this summer.[/article]

Edu - Arsenal (Technical Director)

[article]Edu is joining us from the Brazilian Football Confederation as our first technical director.

The former Gunner - a member of the Invincibles - comes to us straight after helping Brazil win their first Copa America in 12 years. He will be on the flight to the United States as our pre-season tour gets underway on Thursday.

In his role as technical director, Edu will coordinate the work of our first-team coaching group, the academy and player scouting and recruitment in order to oversee the constant building up and efficient strengthening of our squad.

Head of football Raul Sanllehi said: “We’re very excited that Edu is joining the team. He has great experience and technical football knowledge and most importantly is a true Arsenal man. He understands the club and what we stand for to our millions of fans around the world.

“His arrival is the final and very important part of the jigsaw in our development of a new football infrastructure to take us forward. He will be working closely with Unai Emery and the first-team coaches, and will play a relevant role leading our football vision and ensuring we have - and follow - a solid philosophy through all our football activities.”

Edu said: “Arsenal has always had a special place in my heart and I’m thrilled to be returning to this great club in this new role. We have a strong squad and some very talented young players with fantastic people at every level. I’m looking forward to helping make a difference.”

Edu spent five seasons with us from 2001, making 30 appearances in our 2003/04 unbeaten season. A hugely-talented midfielder and fans’ favourite, Edu represented Brazil 22 times and also had two spells with Corinthians and played for Valencia under Emery.

After ending his playing career in 2010, he became Corinthians director of football and has been the general coordinator of the Brazil national team, a role similar to the one he’s taken with us, since 2016.[/article]

Jay Rodriguez - Burnley (£10m)

[article]Burnley-born Jay Rodriguez has returned home after the Clarets swooped to sign the striker from West Bromwich Albion.

The 29-year-old, who began his career within the Academy at Turf Moor, has signed a two-year deal for an undisclosed fee, with further one-year option.

The move completes the circle for Rodriguez, who left for Southampton in 2012 in a then record deal, having scored 41 goals in 129 appearances during his first spell with Burnley and earned England U21 recognition.

Rodriguez also earned a full England cap in 2013, when he appeared for the Three Lions against Chile at Wembley Stadium.

And after putting pen to paper on his new deal, bringing to an end a two-year spell with the Baggies, Sean Dyche’s second summer signing flew to Portugal on Monday evening to join fellow new boy Erik Pieters and the rest of the Clarets squad.

The Burnley fans’ love affair with ‘one of their own’ was instant, from the moment the rookie front-man graduated through the ranks to make the Burnley first team in 2007.

Following a loan spell with Stirling Albion in the second half of the season, he scored his first Burnley goal by grabbing the winner against Fulham in the League Cup in September, 2008.

The goals soon flowed, although Rodriguez was used sparingly during the Clarets’ first foray into the Premier League in 2009, following promotion via the play-off final at Wembley where Rodriguez appeared as a late substitute.

However, following relegation back to the Championship, Rodriguez spearheaded the Clarets attack, scoring 15 times in the 2010-11 campaign and landing both the Player and Players’ Player of the Year awards.

The following season, he scored 21 goals in total, won a place in the PFA Championship team of the year and made his England U21 debut against Italy.

By now, however, his goalscoring exploits had attracted a number of admirers and he became the Clarets then record sale, when he was lured to newly-promoted Premier League side Southampton in the summer of 2012.

He scored 35 goals in five seasons on the south coast, where a serious knee injury ruled him out of a shot at the World Cup in 2014 and sidelined him for over a year.

In the summer of 2017, he was again on the move to WBA in a four-year deal, where his goalscoring exploits brought 33 goals in 84 appearances, including 22 goals in the 2018/19 season to help Albion make the Championship play-offs.

Now, Rodriguez is back where it all began, reigniting a love affair with his hometown club as Burnley gear up for a fourth successive season in the Premier League.
[/article]

Xabi Alonso - Real Sociedad B (Head Coach)

[article]
Real Sociedad has agreed on the appointment of Xabi Alonso as head coach of Sanse for the next two campaigns. The coach from Tolosa started working as a manager last season and returns home to be in charge of the txuri urdin team.

Real has decided to terminate Aitor Zulaika’s contract as Sanse’s coach. Sanse’s new technical staff will be announced in the coming days.
[/article]

Alberto Moreno - Villarreal (free transfer)

[article]
Villarreal have reached an agreement with Alberto Moreno for him to be a Yellows player for the next five seasons. With just his contract to be signed, the defender from Seville arrives at the Estadio de la Cerámica as a free agent, after completing his contract with Liverpool in June.

The Andalusian defender, who has already passed his medical with Villarreal, will sign his medical first thing on Wednesday and will train, at 9:30am CEST, at the Villarreal CF Training Ground (Ciudad Deportiva) alongside his new team-mates. After the training session, he will be presented to the press at 12:30pm CEST at the press room at the Training Ground.

Alberto Moreno Pérez (05/07/1992) is a proven left-back with attacking qualities. He is a Spain international, and won the Champions League with Liverpool last season. Other trophies under his belt include a Europa League, which he lifted with Sevilla FC; and a European U21 Championship.

The Andalusian footballer is a complete full-back with a great ability to get forward in attack. As well as adding width to his team, Moreno is a great assister of goals. Throughout his career, he has provided 16 assists and has scored a total of six goals. After playing 141 games in five seasons with Liverpool FC, the defender returns to Spanish football, which he knows well after his time at Sevilla, where he came through the youth ranks and for whom made a total of 62 official appearances
[/article]

Liam Rosenior - Derby (Specialist First Team Coach)

[article]
Liam Rosenior has joined Phillip Cocu’s backroom staff at Derby County.

The 35-year-old has been appointed as Specialist First Team Coach and completed the formalities of his switch to the Rams at their training camp in Florida.

He joins Assistant Manager Chris van der Weerden, Specialist First Team Coach Twan Scheepers and Head Goalkeeping Coach Shay Given in forming Cocu’s backroom staff.

Rosenior’s position on the first-team staff will, as well as working with players on the training ground with a particular emphasis on individual development of emerging young talent, see him play a prominent role in pre-match opposition analysis with the scouting and analysis departments.

He will also be well-placed to provide advice and guidance from his own playing career, the vast majority of which was played in the Premier League and Championship, to help manage the extensive number and scheduling challenges presented across the campaign.

Rosenior joins Derby from Premier League side Brighton & Hove Albion, where he held the position of Assistant Coach for the Seagulls’ Under-23 side and is already accustomed to coaching and developing young prospects.

He ended his 17-year playing career last summer to move into coaching, as well as impressing as a pundit for Sky Sports as part of their EFL coverage and on their talk show, The Debate.

Rosenior, the son of former footballer and manager Leroy Rosenior, made over 400 appearances in his playing career as a full-back.

He represented Bristol City, Fulham, Torquay United, Reading, Ipswich Town, Hull City and Brighton prior to hanging up his boots, as well as representing England at youth international level.
[/article]

Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa (£12m)

[article]Aston Villa is delighted to announce the signing of Ezri Konsa from Brentford for an undisclosed fee.

The defender links up with former boss Dean Smith following an impressive campaign for the Bees last term.

After coming through the youth ranks at Charlton Athletic, 21-year-old Konsa was part of the England squad at the recent European U21 Championships in Italy.

He was also a member of the England squad that won the U20 World Cup in 2017.

Head Coach Dean Smith said: “Ezri fits the profile of the type of player we were searching for.

“It helps that Richard O’Kelly and I have worked with him before. He’s a high-potential player who I believe can step up to the Premier League and I’m really looking forward to working with him again.”

Konsa will join the squad for the first time when they fly out to the United States today.[/article]

Alberto Gilardino - Pro Vercelli (Head Coach)

[article]Former Milan, Fiorentina and Italy striker Alberto Gilardino has been named the new Coach of Serie C side Pro Vercelli.

The managerial role marks Gilardino’s first with a League club.

The 37-year-old retired from football last September
to focus on coaching and led Serie D outfit Rezzato to a fourth-place finish, although they lost 4-2 to Pro Sesto in the promotion playoffs.

Pro Vercelli, for their part, are one of Italy’s most successful teams, winning seven top-flight titles between 1908 and 1922.

They finished fifth in Serie C Group A last season
but did not venture beyond the second round of playoffs.

Gilardino scored 232 goals in 643 appearances during a playing career that spanned two decades and 12 clubs.

He won the Champions League with Milan in 2007 and was part of the Italy squad who lifted the World Cup a year earlier.[/article]

Stephan El Shaarawy - Shanghai Shenhua (€16m)

[article]The club can confirm that an agreement has been reached with Shanghai Shenhua for the permanent transfer of forward Stephan El Shaarawy.

El Shaarawy joins the Chinese club for a fee of €16 million.

The 26-year-old joined the Giallorossi in January 2016, going on to score 40 goals in 139 total appearances for the side.

The club would like to thank Stephan for his efforts during his time at the club, and wish him the best of luck for the future.[/article]

Pau Lopez - Roma (€23.5m)

[article]The club is delighted to confirm the signing of goalkeeper Pau Lopez on a permanent transfer.

Lopez, 24, joins the Giallorossi from Spanish side Real Betis for a fee of €23.5 million.

The Spain international has signed a five-year contract with the club that runs until 2024.

“It’s basically impossible to say no to a club like Roma,” Lopez said.

“This is a big step forward for me in my career. I am delighted by the confidence this great club has shown in me: I feel ready to take on this exciting new challenge.”

A product of the Espanyol youth academy, Lopez made his senior debut for the club during the 2014-15 campaign. He went on to make 78 appearances across three seasons - and two separate spells - for the Catalan side.

Following his return to Espanyol after a brief loan spell at Premier League side Tottenham Hotspur, Lopez subsequently joined Betis from Espanyol last summergoing on to make 35 appearances for the Seville side during 2018-19.

“I am very pleased with the addition of Pau Lopez to our squad,” said Roma sporting director Gianluca Petrachi.

“Despite his young age, he has already reached 100 appearances in a hugely competitive league like La Liga.

"I am convinced that he can be very successful with us and will improve further under the guidance of Paulo Fonseca and his staff.”

A former Spain Under-21 international, Lopez made his international debut for the senior side against Bosnia & Herzegovina in November 2018.

He will wear the No. 13 shirt.[/article]

Ivan Marcano - Porto (€3m)

[article]The club can confirm that an agreement has been reached with FC Porto for the permanent transfer of defender Ivan Marcano.

Marcano rejoins his former club for a transfer fee of €3 million.

The Spanish defender, who arrived on a free transfer last summer, made 13 appearances for the Giallorossi during the 2018-19 campaign.

The club would like to wish Ivan well for the future.
[/article]

Renzo Saravia - Porto (€5.5m)

Antoine Griezmann - Barcelona (€120m)

[article]
FC Barcelona has paid the 120 million euro buyout clause to release Antoine Griezmann from Atlético Madrid.

The player will sign a contract with his new club for the next five seasons, through to 30 June 2024, with a buyout clause of 800 million euros.

We will shortly be publishing the full schedule for the presentation of Antoine Griezmann as a new member of the Barça first team.

Born on 21 March 1991 in Mâcon, France, Antoine Griezmann is one of the best players in the world. The striker comes to Barça after consolidating himself as one of the top footballers in La Liga after spells with Real Sociedad and Atlético Madrid.

Scouted at an early by Basque club Real Sociedad, he headed for San Sebastián in 2005 at the age of just 14 after beginning his career with local side Charnay-lès-Mâcon. In Doností he made his first team debut at the age of just 18 in 2009.

Griezmann was one of the key figures in the return to the First Division of Real Sociedad a spell in the Second Division. In the Basque Country he played 202 games for the txuri urdin, scoring 52 goals. The Frenchman’s outstanding performances led to a €30 million move to Atlético in the summer of 2014.

In Madrid, Griezmann’s progress led him to be considered as one of the best players in the world. The striker was part of the squad that were runners-up in the Champions League in 2016, a year in which he also finished amongst the top three in the battle for the Ballon d’Or.

In fact, he was the star of the French team that reached the final of the 2016 European Championship played in France, where he won the Golden Boot as top scorer (six goals). He was also outstanding for France's World Cup winning side in 2018 in Russia, where he was the MVP of the final against Croatia.

The Frenchman can play anywhere in the front three although his usual position is on the left wing. Griezmann is a very mobile player who can score and also create goals. He is also very quick on the counter attack and dangerous with his shots from distance and from set pieces.

With his arrival at FC Barcelona, the Frenchman takes another step forward in his career with the goal of consolidating his place as one of the best players in the world.[/article]

Joachim Andersen - Lyon €24m plus add ons up to €6m)

Callum Robinson - Sheff Utd (reportedly £6m)

[article]
For the second time this summer, the Blades have smashed the club's transfer record.

The Blades have paid a substantial undisclosed fee to land Republic of Ireland international Callum Robinson from Preston North End.

The 24-year-old forward has penned a four-year deal at Bramall Lane and becomes boss Chris Wilder's third signing of the summer, following Luke Freeman and Phil Jagielka into S2.

Speaking following of his latest recruit, manager Chris Wilder is delighted the Blades managed to fight off competition from elsewhere to add pace and goals to his offensive options.

The gaffer remarked: "Callum fits into our structure perfectly as we look to Championship players who we feel can be successful at Premier League level.

"Callum is someone who was on our radar a number of years ago and he has progressed how we thought he would and hopefully there is plenty more to come.

"I feel Callum is a great age and what we have paid represents great value in the current market."

Born in Northampton, Robinson has eight full Ireland caps to his name having made his debut against Wales in the Nations League in 2018, qualifying through his grandmother, despite representing England through various junior age groups.

The pacey forward is a product of Aston Villa's youth system and he played four times during his time at Villa Park, including in the Premier League.

Two loan stints at Preston, either side of one at Bristol City followed, before the Deepdale club secured Robinson's services on a permanent basis in July 2016.

As a full-time Lilywhite, Robinson has scored 29 goals in 88 starts, netting 13 times in 36 appearances last season, including against United at the Lane in September.

Robinson has flown to Portugal to meet his new team-mates on the pre-season training camp but will not play in Friday night's friendly with Real Betis.
[/article]

Cristian Romero - Juventus (€26m, loaned back to Genoa for a season)

[article]
Juventus have reached an agreement with Genoa for the acquisition of Cristian Romero, with the player signing a contract with the Bianconeri until June 30, 2024. The 21-year-old will stay at Genoa on loan for next season.

Here is the official statement:

Turin, 12 July 2019 - Juventus Football Club S.p.A. announces that the agreement with Genoa Cricket & Football Club S.p.A. for the definitive acquisition of the registration rights of the player Cristian Gabriel Romero has been finalized for a consideration of € 26 million payable in three financial years.

Juventus and the player have signed a 5-year contract of employment until 30 June 2024.

At the same time, Juventus has reached an agreement with Genoa for the free loan until 30 June 2020 of the registration rights of the same player and bonuses of maximum € 5.3 million will be paid to Genoa on achieving given sports performances.

Born in Cordoba, Argentina in 1998, Cristian Romero has quickly gone on to establish a reputation as a solid and dependable defender, with experience that beguiles his age after just one year in Serie A. He made 27 apperances for Il Grifone, as the youngest defender last year to have played in at least 25 league games.

The Argentine scored twice in the last campaign, both of which helped his team earn draws against Roma and Udinese. In addition, Romero made two assists, being the third-youngest defender to have taken an active part in at least four goals scored in the top five European leagues, behind only Achraf Hakimi of Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool's Trent Alexander-Arnold.

Prior to joining Genoa, the young defender plied his trade in his native Argentina for Club Atlético Belgrano in the Primera Division, making a total of 20 outings across all competitions. He has seven Argentina U20 caps to his name, having made all of his apperances at the 2017 South American Youth Football Championship in Ecuador.
[/article]

Filip Helander - Rangers (£3.5m)

[article]
RANGERS are delighted to announce the signing of Swedish defender Filip Helander from Bologna, subject to international clearance.

The 6ft 4in centre half has spent the last four seasons in Italy’s top flight, Serie A, but will now join the Light Blues on a four-year deal.

Helander, 26, is a regular in Janne Andersson’s Swedish international side and in 2015 he won the European Under-21 Championship with his country.

Helander today said: “I am delighted to be joining Rangers, it’s a special club with tremendous fans and a unique history.

“The opportunity to work with a manager like Steven Gerrard was an easy decision to make.

Before that, he started his career at Malmo, making his debut at the age of 18 and winning the league title in 2013 and a league and Swedish Super Cup double in 2014, a year in which he was named Allsvenskan defender of the year. Helander also experienced Europa League and Champions League football with his hometown club.

In July 2015, at the age of 22, he moved to Verona in Italy and in his first season he made 26 appearances and scored two goals, against Lazio and Inter.

A season-long loan switch to Bologna followed in August 2016 and Helander then joined the Rossoblu (red and blues) permanently a year later for a reported fee of £1.8 million.

In 2016/17 and 2017/18 the towering stopper made 41 appearances at club level before being named in Sweden’s squad for the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

He added a further 24 last season and featured in four of Sweden’s European Championship qualifying matches this year – against Romania and Norway in March and Malta and Spain in June.

A combative, strong performer who has experience of playing at the highest level, Helander will now provide Steven Gerrard with another excellent defensive option to play alongside Connor Goldson, Nikola Katic or George Edmundson in the centre of the Gers backline.[/article]

Lewis MacLeod - Wigan (free transfer)

[article]
We are delighted to confirm that former Rangers and Brentford midfielder Lewis MacLeod has signed a one-year deal at the DW Stadium.

MacLeod, 25, left Griffin Park after four years with the Bees this summer, having scored three goals in 18 appearances for the West London club last season.

A former Scotland youth international, who has won over 30 caps, MacLeod began his career with Rangers, helping the club’s rise back to the Scottish Premiership between 2012 and 2015.

Brentford paid over £1million for his services that summer but injuries disrupted his first two campaigns at Griffin Park, before he featured more over the past three campaigns.

The Wishaw-born midfielder has 20 goals and 21 assists in his 119 career games to date.
[/article]

Ivan Cavaleiro - Fulham (loan with option to buy)

[article]The Club is delighted to confirm the signing of Ivan Cavaleiro on loan from Wolverhampton Wanderers.

The 25-year-old has agreed a season-long deal with the Whites, and the Club holds the option to make the transfer permanent next summer.

An exciting winger who is comfortable on either flank – and can also play centrally – Cavaleiro was an integral part of the Wolves side that won the Sky Bet Championship in 2017/18.

In his 42 matches that season, Cavaleiro scored nine times and laid on a further 12 assists for his teammates as Wolves claimed the title in style.

That was his second season at Molineux, and he also managed to reach double figures for goals and assists in his maiden campaign as well.

A change in formation lessened Cavaleiro’s opportunities last season in the Premier League, but he still managed to find the back of the net three times. In total, he scored 19 goals and claimed 20 assists in his 106 games for Wolves.

Speaking to fulhamfc.com, Cavaleiro said:

“I’m really happy to be here and sign for Fulham. This is a big and respected club in England and through the rest of the world. Fulham has been involved in a European final, so it holds great pedigree. This is a good opportunity for me to grow as a player as well so I’m very happy to be here and I’m excited to be meeting everyone today.”

Tony Khan added:

“Ivan Cavaleiro is a great and important addition to Fulham Football Club. Ivan’s been a top target for Fulham for several years. He’s an excellent attacking player who, like so many of our experienced squad, has made a great contribution to a Championship side that achieved promotion to the Premier League. I’m thrilled that we have been able to work with Wolves and Ivan and his representatives to negotiate this deal to bring Ivan Cavaleiro to Craven Cottage. Come on Fulham!”

After coming through the Benfica academy and starring for their B team, Cavaleiro made his debut for the senior team in a cup tie in October 2013, and impressed his manager so much that he was involved again in their Champions League tie against Olympiakos a few days later.

Benfica ended up dropping out of the Champions League but excelled in the Europa League, with Cavaleiro part of the team that reached the 2014 Final where they lost on penalties to Sevilla.

The following campaign he enjoyed a season in La Liga, playing 34 times while on loan at Deportivo de La Coruna.

His performances in Spain caught the attentions of AS Monaco, who brought him to Ligue 1 on a permanent deal for a sizeable transfer fee. He made his debut in a Champions League qualifier against BSC Young Boys, and netted his first goal for the club in the reverse leg a week later.

Cavaleiro only spent one year in France before Wolves came calling, with the West Midlanders parting with a reported club record fee for his services.

A regular for Portugal throughout the age groups, Cavaleiro is now a full international having made his debut for the senior side in February 2014.
[/article]

Sam Gallagher - Blackburn Rovers (reportedly £5m)

[article]Rovers are delighted to announce the permanent signing of striker Sam Gallagher from Southampton.

The 23-year-old, who enjoyed a successful loan spell at Ewood Park during the 2016-17 season, returns to Rovers on a four-year deal for an undisclosed fee.

Initially on the books of Plymouth Argyle, Southampton beat a host of clubs to secure the signature of the talented teenager, who made his Saints debut in November 2013 at the age of 18.

Under Mauricio Pochettino, Gallagher enjoyed a brilliant breakthrough season with Southampton in 2013-14, making 18 Premier League appearances and netting in a 4-2 victory over Norwich City.

After scoring a sensational extra-time winner against Rovers in the 2015 Premier League Cup final, the gifted youngster gained further first team experience on loan at MK Dons during the first half of the 2015-16 season.

A season-long loan move to Ewood Park followed for Gallagher, who impressed in Rovers colours, netting 12 goals in 47 appearances, including a wonder strike against Wolves, braces at home to Nottingham Forest and Brighton, and a last-gasp winner against QPR.

Powerful, pacy and able to play in a variety of attacking positions, Gallagher became a firm favourite with the Rovers fans, who saw him score 10 times on home soil, and equally popular with the players.

Gallagher continued to play Championship football in 2017-18, spending the season with Birmingham City, where he scored seven goals in 34 games, including a purple patch over the Christmas and New Year period.

The England Under-20 international stayed on the south coast last season, making a further four top-flight appearances, ahead of a summer of speculation surrounding his future.

A long-term target for manager Tony Mowbray, the pair are finally reunited at Rovers, with Gallagher becoming our third big summer signing, following the arrivals of experienced midfield duo Stewart Downing and Bradley Johnson.

Welcome back, Sam!
[/article]

Pablo Mari - Flamengo (£1.3m)

[article]
Manchester City defender Pablo Mari has completed his £1.3million move to Brazilian side Flamengo.

The 25-year-old centre back joined City from Gimnastic in Spain in 2016 but spent the past three seasons on loan at Girona, NAC Breda and Deportivo La Coruna.

On arriving in Brazil, Mari's first stop was to visit Flamengo's famous Maracana Stadium to watch his new club win 6-1 against Goias, to move third in the Brazilian Serie A.

Mari told Sportsmail: 'It's been a real honour to be on Manchester City's books for these last years and to have had such diverse experiences in three different clubs.

'It was a surprise at first when Flamengo contacted my agent, but once we were clear on the club's vision and my place within this incredible project, I had no doubts that this was the right move.

'To play your home games in the Maracana is a dream come true to anyone who loves football, and I can't wait to get going.'
[/article]

Ben Amos - Charlton (free transfer)

[article]Addicks fan favourite Ben Amos has returned to Charlton signing a permanent deal with the club.

The goalkeeper, who enjoyed an exceptional loan spell at The Valley during the 2017/18 season, has signed a one-year deal with an option of a second year, following the expiry of his contract at Bolton Wanderers.

The 29-year-old played 50 games for Charlton during his season with the club and will train with the team today as he looks to compete for a place in the starting lineup with Dillon Phillips.

Speaking of his return, Charlton’s fifth signing of the summer, said: “It feels great, it doesn’t really feel like I’ve been away to be honest. I enjoyed my time here last time, I know a lot of the people and the staff here and I want to play Championship football. I’m excited to get going.”

Head of Recruitment Steve Gallen said: “We’re really pleased to get Ben back. Behind the scenes all summer, we’ve been pushing it and pushing it – trying to get him back. Lee (Bowyer) in particular is pleased we have our goalkeepers lined up. Since I’ve come to the club it’s always been about looking to get loan goalkeepers to support Dillon, or help him, or push him along.

“So now we have our own two goalkeepers at the club, two permanents, two good goalkeepers, it is really, really pleasing. They know each other well, there is a mutual respect between them.”

Amos started his career at Manchester United representing England at every age group from U16 to U21. He would go on to represent the Red Devils in the Champions League, the League Cup and once in the Premier League.

While with United, Amos enjoyed domestic loan stints at Peterborough United, Oldham Athletic, Hull City, Carlisle United and Bolton, before joining the latter permanently in July 2015.

He made 53 appearances for Wanderers - 49 of which were in the Championship – before his time at Charlton and then a loan spell at Millwall last season.[/article]

Fabian Delph - Everton (£8.5m)

[article]
Everton have completed the signing of England international Fabian Delph from Manchester City on a three-year deal until the end of June 2022.

The midfielder, who joins for an undisclosed fee, has linked up with Marco Silva and his first-team squad on their training camp in Verbier, Switzerland.

Delph, 29, can play in midfield and at left-back and was part of Manchester City’s title-winning squads in each of the past two seasons.

He has made 20 appearances for England, helping the Three Lions to the semi-finals of last summer’s World Cup in Russia and third place in the inaugural UEFA Nations League.

“Every time I have played against Everton, whether it was home or away, straight away the first thing that comes to mind when you see the fans is passion," an ecstatic Delph told evertontv. "The Everton fans seem to know football, seem to understand it, it seems to be in their blood and they really back the team.

"You are always going to hear Evertonians and I’m excited to play at home and hear them when I am playing.

"I’m really happy to be here, I’m going to give absolutely everything - nothing less than 100 per cent.

"Hopefully we can push together, fans and players, to do something special."

Blues boss Silva is delighted to have captured a player with vast experience of playing at the very highest level.

He added: "When I look to bring a new player into our squad, the first thing I look for above all the other things is quality and Fabian is a player with high quality.

“But what they can bring to our dressing room is also important and if you can put those two things together then that can only be good for the Club.”

Delph was an integral component of the Manchester City team which amassed 100 points to win the Premier League in 2017/18, finishing on the winning side in 19 of his 22 appearances.

The former Aston Villa player featured 20 times in all competitions for Pep Guardiola’s team last season as City claimed an unprecedented domestic treble.

Starting his career at Leeds United, Delph spent six years at Villa Park before leaving for the Etihad Stadium in summer 2015.[/article]

Kamil Grabara - Huddersfield (loan)

[article]
Huddersfield Town has today completed the signing of Poland Under-21 goalkeeper Kamil Grabara on a season-long loan from Liverpool FC.

The 6’ 5” tall stopper will join Head Coach Jan Siewert’s First Team squad for training on Tuesday at PPG Canalside after completing his move to the Terriers this afternoon.

Grabara, 20, joins Town after enjoying a successful loan spell in the Danish top division with AGF Aarhus during the second half of last season, where he made 16 appearances.

Huddersfield Town Head Coach Jan Siewert commented:

“It has been a target of ours to bring in another goalkeeper during this transfer window and I’m very happy that we have succeeded in bringing Kamil to our club.

“He’s very well thought of by the staff at Liverpool FC, by our recruitment team and by our Head of Goalkeeping, Paul Clements. He already has experience of First Team football and I can tell you that he is an extremely confident man.

“I think our fans will really take to Kamil when they see him in the Huddersfield Town shirt.

“I’d also like to thank Jürgen Klopp and Liverpool FC for allowing Kamil to take the next step in his development as a footballer with us.”
[/article]

Last edited:
Fabian Delph - Everton (£8.5m)

[article]
Everton have completed the signing of England international Fabian Delph from Manchester City on a three-year deal until the end of June 2022.

The midfielder, who joins for an undisclosed fee, has linked up with Marco Silva and his first-team squad on their training camp in Verbier, Switzerland.

Delph, 29, can play in midfield and at left-back and was part of Manchester City’s title-winning squads in each of the past two seasons.

He has made 20 appearances for England, helping the Three Lions to the semi-finals of last summer’s World Cup in Russia and third place in the inaugural UEFA Nations League.

“Every time I have played against Everton, whether it was home or away, straight away the first thing that comes to mind when you see the fans is passion," an ecstatic Delph told evertontv. "The Everton fans seem to know football, seem to understand it, it seems to be in their blood and they really back the team.

"You are always going to hear Evertonians and I’m excited to play at home and hear them when I am playing.

"I’m really happy to be here, I’m going to give absolutely everything - nothing less than 100 per cent.

"Hopefully we can push together, fans and players, to do something special."

Blues boss Silva is delighted to have captured a player with vast experience of playing at the very highest level.

He added: "When I look to bring a new player into our squad, the first thing I look for above all the other things is quality and Fabian is a player with high quality.

“But what they can bring to our dressing room is also important and if you can put those two things together then that can only be good for the Club.”

Delph was an integral component of the Manchester City team which amassed 100 points to win the Premier League in 2017/18, finishing on the winning side in 19 of his 22 appearances.

The former Aston Villa player featured 20 times in all competitions for Pep Guardiola’s team last season as City claimed an unprecedented domestic treble.

Starting his career at Leeds United, Delph spent six years at Villa Park before leaving for the Etihad Stadium in summer 2015.
[/article]

Good signing for them, it has to be said, excellent player to have in the squad.

Yeah, no English premium price for Delph - may be City's gesture for his service.

Ravel Morrison - Sheff Utd (free transfer)

[article]Exciting forward player Ravel Morrison is the latest addition to Chris Wilder's Premier League squad.

Following a trial period, the former Manchester United academy graduate has signed a one-year deal with an option for a longer stay with the Blades, having impressed boss Wilder and his coaching staff at Shirecliffe and during the squad's trip to Portugal, despite missing the victory over Real Betis with a minor injury.

"Ravel is an undoubted talent and we are delighted that we have put together a deal that suits all parties," said Wilder. "I've spoken to a number of people about him and it is clear that he has serious ability.

"We are getting a fantastic footballer with a tremendous pedigree and this is a great opportunity for Rav, we believe we can help him get back to the level he wants to be.

"He's done extremely well during his time with us and it was great to have him in Portugal. It wasn't about him coming and being on trial because we knew about his abilities. Taking him with us was basically getting to know him and what he's about, what makes him tick and how he integrates with the players. Trips like what we have been on are invaluable for that."

The 26-year-old, capped by England at various age groups right through to U21 level, made his senior debut for the Red Devils in the League Cup in October 2010, having turned professional on his 17th birthday.

Morrison starred at Old Trafford in the FA Youth Cup final against the Blades, scoring twice in the second leg before gaining more first-team experience in cup competitions under Six Alex Ferguson.

In January 2012, Morrison joined West Ham for an undisclosed fee, scoring three times in 18 appearances during his time at Upton Park, which also saw him loaned to Birmingham City, QPR and Cardiff City, whilst with the Hammers.

Having terminated his contract at West Ham early, Morrison made the switch to Italy, joining Lazio on a four-year deal in January 2015, before most recently representing Östersund in the Allsvenskan in Sweden last season.

Morrison is the fourth summer capture so far, joining Luke Freeman, Phil Jagielka and Callum Robinson in signing on at the Lane.[/article]

Delph had 1 year left on his contract, I’m guessing that was part of it as well.

Steve Bruce - Newcastle (Head Coach)

[article]
Newcastle United can now announce that Steve Bruce has been appointed as the club's new head coach.

The 58-year-old, who was born in Corbridge, Northumberland and raised in Wallsend, returns to Tyneside after signing an initial three-year contract and will be joined at St. James’ Park by coaches Steve Agnew and Stephen Clemence.

Bruce said: "I’m delighted and incredibly proud to be appointed as head coach of Newcastle United. This is my boyhood club and it was my dad’s club, so this is a very special moment for me and my family.

“There is a huge challenge ahead of us, but it’s one that my staff and I are ready for. We’ll roll our sleeves up and we’ll be giving it everything from the off to ensure supporters have a successful team that they can be proud of.”

Lee Charnley, managing director at Newcastle United, said: “Steve has a deep affection for Newcastle United and we are very pleased that a coach with his vast experience and connections to the club and city has joined us.

“Steve knows what this club means to supporters and to the region and he will put his heart and soul into leading our talented group of players with the full support of our staff.

“The hard work for Steve and his team starts immediately and we will be fully prepared for the challenge of a new Premier League season.

“I would place on record my thanks to Ben Dawson, Neil Redfearn and our medical and support staff for the way in which they have worked together to oversee the start of our pre-season preparations.”

Bruce and his staff are scheduled to travel to China and will meet the squad following Wednesday’s Premier League Asia Trophy clash with Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Ben Dawson and Neil Redfearn will continue to prepare the players for Wednesday’s game.

A former Wallsend Boys Club player, Bruce began a decorated professional career at Gillingham, where he carved out a reputation as a solid and determined centre-half with a favourable goalscoring record.

After a three-year spell at Norwich City, which included winning the League Cup, he moved to Manchester United, where he would go on to lift three Premier League titles, three FA Cups and the European Cup Winners' Cup, as well as a further League Cup.

Bruce made 84 appearances for Birmingham City between 1996 and 1998, before a career in the dugout got underway with a player-manager role at Sheffield United.

In a 21-year coaching career since, Bruce has taken charge of a further eight clubs and has clocked up more than 900 competitive matches.

[/article]

Sébastien Haller - West Ham (£45m including add ons)

[article]West Ham United is delighted to announce the arrival of prolific French striker Sebastien Haller, the Club’s new record signing.

The highly sought-after forward, who turned 25 in June, joins the Hammers on a five-year deal with an option of a further 12 months for an undisclosed fee from German Bundesliga side Eintracht Frankfurt.

The deal for Haller means the Hammers have broken their transfer record for a third time in a little over a year following the captures of Issa Diop and Felipe Anderson.

A German Cup winner with Eintracht in 2018, Haller becomes the Irons’ fourth summer signing and cannot wait to bring his considerable talents to London Stadium and the Premier League.

"I feel really great,” said the centre forward. “I think it’s a really good opportunity for me to be here.

"It means a lot (to be the record signing). It proves that the club [has] really wanted me for a long time. I felt this desire to sign me and I’m really happy to sign, also. it is an ambitious club, a nice club, a nice city and nice fans too

"For me I can guarantee that I will give 100% for the club because the club has given me this confidence and I will try to give it back every day in every game.

"I will always give 100% and respect the club. I think this is a normal thing and that I can guarantee. I know it’s a big transfer and there is a lot of expectation around me, and I just want to make people proud of this transfer and I will give everything I have."

Director of Football Mario Husillos said: “We are very pleased to welcome Sebastien and his family to West Ham United.

“It is no secret that we have been in the process of identifying a top class striker to add to the squad this summer, and much work has gone on behind the scenes to ensure that we were in a position to act once the right opportunity became available.

“Sebastien is a player we have been watching closely for some time - he has always been a key target and someone who myself, Manuel Pellegrini and David Sullivan were very keen to bring to the football club.

“He is a player with excellent pedigree and experience in three of Europe’s top leagues. His record at Eintracht Frankfurt in recent seasons has been up there with the top strikers in the Bundesliga, and we believe that his physical and technical qualities will be well suited to the Premier League.

“He is at the perfect moment for us, like many of the players who have arrived at the club in the past 12 months - young, with his best years still ahead of him, yet with good experience and proven at the highest level.

“It is also a big factor that Sebastien was very determined to become a West Ham United player. Our conversations proved that he has great desire and ambition to be successful here and it is clear he is greatly excited by the challenge ahead.”

He added: “The signing of Sebastien is a big investment and another clear signal of our ambition and desire to bring success to West Ham United and our supporters, and we look forward to seeing the big contribution he will make in the coming seasons.”

Haller, who will join up with his new teammates when they return from the Premier League Asia Trophy in China, has become one of European football’s hottest properties during an impressive career that has seen him score more than 100 goals for club and country.

Born in the Paris suburb of Ris-Orangis in June 1994, the schoolboy Haller played for local clubs FCO Vigneux and CS Bretigny before being scouted by Auxerre at the age of 13.

There, he came through the ranks, scoring regularly for the reserves, before making his first-team debut, a month after his 18th birthday, in a 2-0 Ligue 2 win over Nimes in July 2012.

After making more than 50 first-team appearances for Auxerre, the 6’3 centre forward was loaned to Utrecht on Christmas Eve 2014, going on to score eleven goals in just 17 appearances to win the Dutch Eredivisie club’s Player of the Year award.

A permanent move to Utrecht followed in summer 2015 and Haller rewarded his new employers with a further 40 goals over the next two seasons, earning him a move across the border to German side Eintracht Frankfurt.

There, he led the line in 2017/18, scoring 13 goals, before forging a potent partnership with Real Madrid-bound Luka Jovic last season, when he netted 19 times in all competitions, including five in the Germans’ run to the UEFA Europa League semi-finals.

At international level, Haller represented France at the FIFA U-17 World Cup finals in 2011 and has been capped at every age-group level, scoring 13 goals in 21 appearances for the U21s, and is tipped to earn senior honours in the future.

West Ham United would like to welcome Sebastian and his family to east London and wish him every success for his career in Claret and Blue.[/article]

Abdou Diallo - Paris Saint-Germain (€32 million)

[article]
Paris Saint-Germain is pleased to announce the arrival of Abdou Diallo to the senior squad. Arriving from Borussia Dortmund, the French defender signed a five-year contract that links him to the capital club until 30 June 2024.

Abdou Diallo, 23
, came up through the youth academy at AS Monaco. He played a total of 19 matches in three seasons, notably helping to clinch the L1 title in 2017. During this Monegasque period, the Tours-born defender also spent some time on loan in Belgium, turning out for SV Zulte Waregem (35 matches, three goals) in 2015-2016.

In 2017, this 1.86m defender gave a new direction to his career by signing with FSV Mainz 05, for whom he went on to make 30 apperance (three goals) His talent made a mark on the Bundesliga and attracted the interest of its biggest sides, including Borussia Dortmund, whom he joined in the summer of 2018.

Under the direction of Swiss coach Lucien Favre, Abdou Diallo played 38 matches with Dortmund, showing off his versatility by playing both as a central defender and as a full-back. With the BvB, he will finish runner-up in the 2018-2019 German Championship.

In parallel with his club career, Abdou Diallo has climbed the ranks of the national teams to become a member of the French U-21 team (16 caps). Since joining the U-21 team in 2016, he has worn the captain's armband 13 times, participating in the entire qualifying campaign for the 2019 U-21 Euros, a competition in which the French team punched its ticket for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games.

"It is a great honour to be involved with such a prestigious club as Paris Saint-Germain, Abdou Diallo said after signing his contract. I have always said that the Parisian project was very attractive. Joining the capital club today is another important step in my career. I am committed to giving my all for my new club and look forward to bringing my qualities and desire to this team renowned for its high quality and high ambitions."
[/article]

Björn Engels - Aston Villa (£9m)

[article]
Aston Villa is delighted to announce the signing of Björn Engels for an undisclosed fee.

The defender makes the move from French side Stade Reims, where he spent the 2018/19 campaign on loan.

A former Belgian youth international, 24-year-old Engels started his career in the youth system at Club Brugge in his homeland, going on to graduate into the senior ranks.

He also spent time with Greek outfit, Olympiacos prior to his stint in France.

Head Coach Dean Smith said: "Björn is a player that I've been watching for the past 18 months.

"We're very happy to have secured his services and look forward to working with him."
[/article]

Sam Byram - Norwich (£750k)

[article]
Right-back Sam Byram has become the fourth new addition to Daniel Farke’s Norwich City squad this summer, joining from fellow Premier League side West Ham United.

Byram has joined the Canaries on a four-year contract from the Hammers and already met up with the squad on their pre-season camp in Germany.

The 25-year-old spent last season on loan at Nottingham Forest but only made six appearances in an injury-hit season.

Speaking to canaries.co.uk, Byram said: “I’m delighted. It’s all happened quite fast and it’s been a quick turnaround. There’s been a lot of travelling to get out here to Germany but I’m just pleased I’m here now.

“I heard about the interest a week or two ago. Obviously, I wasn’t in the plans for West Ham going forward and I needed a new challenge to go out and push on after last season.

“When I heard Norwich were interested, I was really interested [because of] how the manager [Daniel Farke] had the team playing last year.

“First and foremost, the football side of things [convinced me to sign]. I watched a lot of them last season with the fluid football and passing style, it’s obviously very attractive.

“Stuart [Webber] had explained where the Club had come from when he joined two years ago and his plans going forward and how they’re really trying to develop things. He sold the Club to me.”

Byram began his career with Leeds United and played 143 times over four seasons at the Elland Road club before moving to east London in January 2016.

He played 36 times during three years with the Hammers and underwent knee surgery at the start of last season, leading to eight months on the sidelines.

Byram admits the move to City feels like a fresh start in his career: “I had a nasty injury last year and it was nice to finish the season with a couple of games and then this feels like a new chapter, a fresh start.

“It’s one I’m really excited about and I can’t wait to get started. The Premier League is a massive step up from the Championship and I’m sure everyone who got the Club to where it’s at now, I’m sure they’re all excited now.

“I’ve just come off the back of a ten-day fitness regime out in Switzerland. We were doing triple sessions so I’m at a good level at the minute.

“I don’t think I’m match fit as yet but hopefully that will come in the following weeks. I’m definitely up for the hard work.”
[/article]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom