• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Confirmed transfers 2012/13

How come Ajax keep snaffling up all the young danes, Kris?
Christian Eriksen revealed after a Dutch reward show last night that two new players from Denmark are on their way to Ajax as well.

That would give a total of 8 Danish players in their team, quite amazing really, and probably some kind of record.

My bet is Nicklas Helenius, AaB, probably Denmarks target-man against the Checz and, well, I don't know there a few young ones to pick from. If we are not talking teenagers then perhaps central midfielder Mads Albæk, FCM, or left back Jesper Juelsgaard, also FCM, who've both got the 'Ajax DNA' so to speak.

20968.large.jpg

David Bentley - FC Rostov (loan until Jan '13)

20968.large.jpg

David Bentley - FC Rostov (loan until Jan '13)

How the mighty have fallen...

In fairness to him, Tottenham has wrecked quite a few careers with their policy of keeping unhappy players around for far too long.

tiendalli-4x358-361981_478x359.jpg

Dwight Tiendalli - Swansea (free transfer)

Swansea City have completed the transfer of Dutch left-back Dwight Tiendalli on a free transfer, subject to Premier League and international clearance.

The 26-year-old former Holland U21s defender completed his medical at the Liberty today and has joined the Swans until the end of this season.

Tiendalli’s arrival gives Michael Laudrup more options at left-back after Wales international Neil Taylor was ruled out for the season following the home draw with Sunderland last time out.

A free agent after he left FC Twente this summer, Surinam-born Tiendalli will have plenty of familiar faces in the Swans squad as he is a former team-mate of Michel Vorm, Jonathan de Guzman and Kemy Agustien.

And after a discussion with former Feyenoord team-mate de Guzman, he expects to fit in immediately at the Liberty.

“I spoke with Jonathan about the club and all he said was positive things,” said Tiendalli. “He talked very fondly about the people, players and fans here.

“And, of course, the style of football here is very, very attractive. I love this style and it was a big attraction for me.

“I’m looking forward to working under Michael Laudrup, who is a massive name in football, and showing him what I have to offer.
“Playing in the Premier League is something I have always wanted to do – it’s the best league in the world.

“I’m sure I will fit in very well because I share the same philosophy as the club. Having started my career in Ajax’s Youth side, I see the style of play here is one that has a real Dutch and Spanish mix, and that will really suit me.

“I can’t wait to work hard in training and try to force myself into the starting XI.”

Having featured against Fulham, Tottenham Hotspur and Blackburn Rovers in the Champions League and Europa League in past seasons, Tiendalli knows what to expect when he gets his first taste of Premier League action.

That could come against Aston Villa this Saturday as Laudrup’s side look to follow up their good start to the campaign.

“I am here to impress the manager as much as possible and try to play as many games as I can,” added Tiendalli.

“I know my opportunity comes after an unfortunate injury for Neil Taylor, but hopefully I can bring experience to the squad and more options for the manager.

“It would be great to play on Saturday against Aston Villa, but my concentration first and foremost is to impress the manager in training and get used to my new team-mates.”

Born in Paramaribo, Surinam, Tiendalli began his career in Ajax’s Youth system before moving to Utrecht, where he linked up with Swans stopper Vorm.

His performances earned him a move to Feyenoord in 2006, where he would play alongside another future Swan in de Guzman.
After a spell on with Sparta Rotterdam, Tiendalli joined Twente in 2009 on a free transfer. While at Twente, Tiendalli would taste Europa League and Champions League action before he left the club this summer.

On the international front, Tiendalli appeared alongside Agustien in the U20 World Cup finals in 2005 while a year later he was named in the team of the tournament as Holland won the Euro U21 Championships.

KaragounisText.ashx

Giorgos Karagounis - Fulham (free transfer)

Fulham Football Club is delighted to announce the free transfer signing of Giorgos Karagounis until the end of this season.

The 35-year-old midfielder is captain of the Greece national side where he has made 120 appearances. He was a member of the team which won the 2004 European Championship in Portugal.

Karagounis became the joint highest-capped player for Greece last June, scoring the only goal against Russia which saw them qualify for the Quarter-Finals of Euro 2012.

He made a total of 380 appearances in two five-year spells at Panathinaikos. In between his time in Athens, he spent two seasons at both Internazionale and SL Benfica.

Karagounis has also made over 100 European (UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League) appearances for his clubs.

Speaking at Fulham’s Motspur Park Training Ground, Karagounis said: “I’m delighted to have signed for Fulham Football Club and I am excited by a new challenge in England and the Barclays Premier League. I’m looking forward to working under Martin Jol and playing alongside some fantastic players at this Club.”

Fulham Manager Martin Jol added: “Giorgos Karagounis has a wealth of club and international experience and I’m happy that he’s joined us for this season. He’s been an influential player for his club sides and is a renowned player in world football as he’s about to become the most-capped player for Greece. He brings many certain qualities to our squad.”

granero-signing-64064-343638_478x359.jpg

Esteban Granero - QPR (£3.5million)

Esteban Granero has revealed that watching Xabi Alonso in action for Liverpool made him want to play in the Premier League.
Granero, who recently joined QPR from Real Madrid, is a close friend of Alonso and the pair were team-mates at the Bernabeu.
The 25-year-old explained: “I used to watch Liverpool games because there were a lot of Spanish players there.
“Also, one of my favourite players was Xabi and I have a very good relationship with him.
“I like way they play in England and have always thought I’d be suited to playing in the Premier League. I think it’s perfect for me.”

I would have been happy enough to get this lad ahead of Şahin . I'm in the minority though so lets see how they do this season .

Granero is a good player but, from what I've seen of the two of them so far, Şahin is closer to being the finished product, and we need that at the moment IMO. Time will tell.

Granero is a good player but, from what I've seen of the two of them so far, Şahin is closer to being the finished product, and we need that at the moment IMO. Time will tell.

Isn't Granero 25 or something like that? Seems like he's been labeled as 'promising' for fucking ages

Indeed. I doubt he'd be at Queen's Park Rangers if he'd fulfilled his talent properly. Şahin's made more progress in less time. He'll need a while yet to get used to the Prem, but he's defo the better player of the two IMO.

Well to be fair, a couple of years ago I really thought he was going to make it, not at Madrid because he's not fashionable enough for them, more in a Van Der Vaart way, if he decided to move earlier in his career.

I had a horrible dream last night that we re-signed Harry Kewell as cover up front.

Eek!

Back
Top Bottom